Match Thread Sheffield Utd (a) - 12:30 - Sat 20th (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

A very valuable point in the end, after losing the midfield with the changes.

wantedDOA

Great result but the change in formation nearly killed us!! Strange from MR that one as we were controlling the game easily. There was nothing wrong with a 0-0. Really no need to go for it. Just play the same and hope you can nick one. The jury is no longer out on Walker. He's fucking pony

Blind-Faith

Draw a fair result in the end. All went wrong when we changed our shape, that one has to go on the management team making that decision. Mcfadz and Moore absolutely fantastic at the end 👍

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Will take that point.

Comfortable first half and the changes swung things in their favour. Not too bothered about going to two up front but think he should have just brought Godden on alongside Gyok for abit to see how it went and keep that ability to hold the ball. Godden and Walker together means he was going to have to keep two up top for the rest of the game even if it didn't work out. Then we didn't give them any service.

Sheaf being taken off was a bit odd.

Look to Brum and hopefully three points.

ccfc92

Would have took a point before kick off, think we should have beaten these, they looked poor and we didn't create much.

cc84cov

Good result

Can’t moan robins isn’t brave enough he went for it today...I think we beat Boies Tuesday in a tight game

TomRad85

For me Maatsen and JCS come back in for Dabo and Hyam

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBT

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that a midfield pairing of Allen and Kelly wasn’t able to dominate the midfield in the last 10/15 minutes of the game. I understand why you’d take Hamer off, but we didn’t really compete after that.

shmmeee

Robins has a few questions to answer there. Again taking off our focal point away leads to us handing control of the game.

Gyokeres, Hamer and Sheaf were the best players on the pitch, madness taking them all off if there’s not a good reason.

Esoterica

We got very deep as a team there again, it had as much of an impact as the subs for me. When your 2 deep midfielders are picking the ball up so close to their own box then you're never going to play the type of football to supply 2 goalscorers playing without a target man.

stupot07

Curious what changes people would have made in the circumstances? People at the start were saying the only subs they would make would be Godden and Walker
Just Kelly for Hamer, then possibly Godden for Gyokeres in the last 10 mins. I wouldn't have gone 2 up top given we were in total control of the midfield with the box.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Robins has a few questions to answer there. Again taking off our focal point away leads to us handing control of the game.

Gyokeres, Hamer and Sheaf were the best players on the pitch, madness taking them all off if there’s not a good reason.
I think for those that don't rate Hamer or/and Sheaf, just look at us when they went off. A disjointed mess.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Taking Sheaf off was madness too. He was having a great game and taking his height out of the equation contributed to the ball coming back at us.

Ccfcisparks

Overall the defence was really solid. Its obvious in January we have to recruit a bit more of attacking talent. Walker Im starting to think needs a loan out, and we have no back up to O'hare

Grendel

It’s small margins but it was a penalty on o hare he drew the foul but there was contact in the box and convert that we’d have won

Sky Blue Pete

Gyokeres still not 100-%
Would have taken Allen off not Hamer and we always go to shit when sheaf goes off

I do wonder whether he Allen and Walker some minutes and if so they’ve done nothing to push theit place in the starting 11 for me

Also Ohare definitely fouled for pen he just went down late. Never a yellow card dive for me. Happy to not give it if he thinks it’s not enough contact but not a yellow

Reactions: SBT

Dirk Turpin

Impressive first half performance and a point away from home. Sheaf really looks like his kicking on now he's a had a little run in the team.

Don't think the formation change worked but we still held out for a point. Hopefully that should give the lads a boost and we start building on our away performances

Alkhen

Must have Brum on his mind. Gyokeres is still feeling his ankle I guess. Hamer was on a tightrope after his yellow. Can't really explain Sheaf though.

For me he should have put on Godden 10 mins earlier up to with Vik. Try knick it

Users who are viewing this thread