Sheffield United Accounts (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Interesting read. Turnover was 33% bigger than us (at the Ricoh), pay over £5m admin costs and £2m interest charges. Also interesting to see that their turnover the previous year (in league one),was only marginally (c£700k) lower than our turnover in our last season in the championship.given that being in the championship is supposed to be worth £4-5m extra.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/documents/su-plc-june-2013-report-and-accounts135-1188137.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

wingy

Do these figures reflect other ventures within their group Stupot,hotels ,other clubs etc and the obvious better levels of support??

stupot07

Conferencing and health faculties brought in c£500k, the 6k difference in average attendance only related to £800k more revenue.

Still it's interesting to look at other clubs accounts, if only they all produced an end of year report. It was interesting to see that other clubs pay large admin costs and interest charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Interesting read. Turnover was 33% bigger than us (at the Ricoh), pay over £5m admin costs and £2m interest charges. Also interesting to see that their turnover the previous year (in league one),was only marginally (c£700k) lower than our turnover in our last season in the championship.given that being in the championship is supposed to be worth £4-5m extra.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/documents/su-plc-june-2013-report-and-accounts135-1188137.pdf

Don't Sheffield Utd regularly get 17-20k in league 1?

stupot07

Don't Sheffield Utd regularly get 17-20k in league 1?

Averaged 17k in the 2012/13 accounts, that only accounted £800k more ticket revenue than us with 11k.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Do they still receive money over the Tevez saga? Weren't they awarded something like 30-40 million a few years back for there relegation?

stupot07

Do they still receive money over the Tevez saga? Weren't they awarded something like 30-40 million a few years back for there relegation?

They borrowed money on that, presumably to meet the costs of relegation.
From an article feb 2013.
The Hammers agreed an £18.1million compensation deal with Sheffield United in 2009 over Tevez' role in keeping the London club in the Premier League in 2007 at the expense of the Blades.
Under the compensation deal, the payments were staggered until 2013 - the Blades' latest accounts confirm that, and that a loan from Santander bank was taken out in 2010 secured against the payments from West Ham. As of June last year, the amount guaranteed stood at £8.5million, and the final £6million payment is due by July.

Users who are viewing this thread