Seppala at the SCG Meeting... (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

At least if they did move us miles away the trust and Coventry media would be fully behind it :) As well some of the most vocal fans.
Doubt it, but I know 1500 others who would travel to watch City play home games in another area
Including you torch and Grendel, well it's for the kids after all

Nick

Administrator
Doubt it, but I know 1500 others who would travel to watch City play home games in another area
If they moved full time? I have said from the start I didn't? I didn't take mine to sixfields...

Moff

How many years are you going to use that as stick to beat Nick, Grendel and Torchy with?

Nick was talking about a permanent move away like Wasps have done, which you full well know, but you just couldnt resist another dig along the same lines you often do, instead of addressing the point he made.

letsallsingtogether

Really?
So you feel the same about the club now as you did when we moved away. I take it its still NOPM then even though we came back to Coventry?
Never been NOPM
Have always and still love the club
However
Do I still feel the same about our owners?
you fuckin bet I do.
Done nothing to change my mind.

Moff

Never been NOPM
Have always and still love the club
However
Do I still feel the same about our owners?
you fuckin bet I do.
Done nothing to change my mind.

I dont disgaree with anything you have said there, but as much as Sixfields was a disgrace at least we came back. I doubt any of us would still support the club if we moved away permanently, and I am just grateful that we didnt.

Bloody hell, our owners, our stadium, our form, surely we deserve better.

letsallsingtogether

I dont disgaree with anything you have said there, but as much as Sixfields was a disgrace at least we came back. I doubt any of us would still support the club if we moved away permanently, and I am just grateful that we didnt.

Bloody hell, our owners, our stadium, our form, surely we deserve better.

And of course we deserve better and getting rid of Sisu would be the first step.

letsallsingtogether

One is forever, the other is for a year...

I'd assume from the media and vocal city fans that full time is fine..

So did you all know it was for one year only?
Why didn't you tell the rest of us

Moff

And of course we deserve better and getting rid of Sisu would be the first step.

I just wish we knew how that is going to happen.

They seem to be entrenched and not willing to shift. I wont pretend I know the ins and outs of the financials nor how a hedge fund works, but some of the worries that OSB has raised with regards to why they are here and how they seem set to stay just leaves me cold, and wondering how the hell we can get shot of them.

dongonzalos

And this is the point, Don asks me that if in my heart of hearts do I think sisu would move us, I say no, exactly because of what you've said, then I get told I'm wrong.

If it is so straight forward that any club's owner would do it under those conditions, what about all these other rugby clubs that are temporary ground sharing? Why didn't they buy the Ricoh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sorry you think if SISU are allowed to move us and they get an opportunity to where they will make money.
They will say no because ethically it is right?

letsallsingtogether

I just wish we knew how that is going to happen.

They seem to be entrenched and not willing to shift. I wont pretend I know the ins and outs of the financials nor how a hedge fund works, but some of the worries that OSB has raised with regards to why they are here and how they seem set to stay just leaves me cold, and wondering how the hell we can get shot of them.

That is why I have given up hope on that one and now try and concentrate on just supporting my team.
We all need to just get behind the team as we tried to do in the second half and give them the lift they need.
PUSB.

stupot07

Sorry you think if SISU are allowed to move us and they get an opportunity to where they will make money.
They will say no because ethically it is right?

1) they can't because it's the rules

2) there is no other place they could move us where they would make money or get the level of attendances we get now. There isn't another Milton Keynes.

3) you can't use a hypothetical situation of what will never ever happen to try and make me look a hypocrite. You're just making yourself look silly.

I fucking hate wasps, what they did was wrong regardless of RFU rules. And if they became our owners, I would stop supporting the club. Your hypothetical question is bullshit because it's against the rules. If sisu did move the club permanently 90 miles away from Coventry I would also stop supporting the club. No hypocrisy, moving the club permanently away from their local area is wrong. I am saying that is my ethics, regardless of what the rules are.

Let me turn it around, given that you would like wasps to own us and believe it is acceptable that owners can move clubs 90 miles from their local area for the good of their balance sheets, you obviously would have no objections if sisu did move the club to let's say Wiltshire?

I'll leave you to it, I know you'll respond and twist this. Well done in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

2) there is no other place they could move us where they would make money or get the level of attendances we get now. There isn't another Milton Keynes.

3) you can't use a hypothetical situation of what will never ever happen to try and make me look a hypocrite. You're just making yourself look silly.

I fucking hate wasps, what they did was wrong regardless of RFU rules. And if they became our owners, I would stop supporting the club. Your hypothetical question is bullshit because it's against the rules. If sisu did move the club permanently 90 miles away from Coventry I would also stop supporting the club. No hypocrisy, moving the club permanently away from their local area is wrong. I am saying that is my ethics, regardless of what the rules are.

Let me turn it around, given that you would like wasps to own us and believe it is acceptable that owners can move clubs 90 miles from their local area for the good of their balance sheets, you obviously would have no objections if sisu did move the club to let's say Wiltshire?

I'll leave you to it, I know you'll respond and twist this. Well done in advance.

They would do exactly the same as Wasps and you know it. Just because the situation won't arise due to external factors doesn't make it any less ethical.
Only difference Wasps were allowed to.
It is hypocritical l, sorry.

Wasps are no different to SISU. They are businesses they are money men.
Their objective is to earn money. I am not having a pop st them that is just a fact.
If you refused to come and watch Cov if we get into bed with Wasps. It would be pointless stand as you never made the same one now.
It is your stand to make of course. I never attended Northampton as I felt it was the quickest way to get us back. Others would say that was a pointless stand.

dongonzalos

Also I don't think it is right what Wasps did like the FL have rules to stop it happening in football it shouldn't happen in rugby.
It is a disgrace, am I surprised that business men do it, if they are allowed, no.
Would I expect a CCFC fan owning CCFC to do it to us if they could get away with it. No
Would I expect a businessman/women not from Coventry to do it if it meant more financial sense and they were allowed, yes

Last edited:

chiefdave

They would do exactly the same as Wasps and you know it. Just because the situation won't arise due to external factors doesn't make it any less ethical.

What point are you actually trying to make here? Saying things like Wasps are no different to SISU doesn't say anything, its not like everyone on here is a huge SISU fan, the vast majority want rid of them!

Wasps should not have moved, it was unethical. The authorities should never have allowed it.

SISU should not be allowed to move CCFC, if they do it will be unethical. The authorities won't (hopefully) ever allow it.

stupot07

Only difference Wasps were allowed to.
It is hypocritical l, sorry.

Wasps are no different to SISU. They are businesses they are money men.
Their objective is to earn money. I am not having a pop st them that is just a fact.
If you refused to come and watch Cov if we get into bed with Wasps. It would be pointless stand as you never made the same one now.
It is your stand to make of course. I never attended Northampton as I felt it was the quickest way to get us back. Others would say that was a pointless stand.

Sorry Don but you are talking absolute shit.

Last edited:

stupot07

What point are you actually trying to make here? Saying things like Wasps are no different to SISU doesn't say anything, its not like everyone on here is a huge SISU fan, the vast majority want rid of them!

Wasps should not have moved, it was unethical. The authorities should never have allowed it.

SISU should not be allowed to move CCFC, if they do it will be unethical. The authorities won't (hopefully) ever allow it.

He's trying to make that I'm a hypocrite because I support ccfc playing in Coventry under shit ownership, but wouldn't support ccfc if LONDON wasps took over or merged with ccfc, because if sisu could and there was a stadium available they would do the same.....tenuous link in the extreme.

dongonzalos

He's trying to make that I'm a hypocrite because I support ccfc playing in Coventry under shit ownership, but wouldn't support ccfc if LONDON wasps took over or merged with ccfc, because if sisu could and there was a stadium available they would do the same.....tenuous link in the extreme.

True though, to be fair

dongonzalos

This is like a pantomime

Tbf hypocrite is s bit harsh and I shouldn't have agreed when you said that.
I am more pointing out our current owners would do the same if the business opportunity presented itself, they were allowed to and it was better for the business.
That is what business people do and their investors would be hacked off if they didn't and would no longer invest in them.
The only time ethics comes into it is if it will commercially have a more negative effect than positive. Or it is illegal. Or the big boss has an emotional grey area that affects them personally. Joy says she is now a Cov fan so maybe you are right maybe she wouldn't move us because ethically it is wrong.

I am not trying to make you out to be a hypocrite more pointing out you shouldn't walk away if we get more involved with Wasps it is no different to now.

J

Jack Griffin

Well Joy is saying 14k for break even.

Look at the crowds drop even more after yesterday's result.

Was it incompetence in calculating the budget at 11k crowds to break even or did the budget get changed, if so should have stuck to original additional funding has not worked.

Users who are viewing this thread