Season tickets (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

If they allow 6000 which could restrict the home crowd that will be ridiculous be lucky we to get more than 3k anywhere.

CCFCSteve

From what we’ve seen to date I’d be shocked if king wasn’t looking at this closely. He appears to want to maximise all revenue streams and this would obviously be one of those areas. A lot then depends on police etc though I guess

oscillatewildly

Any club that is serious about getting promotion should not be giving away fans up to 6k tickets. Do we really want Leeds Leicester etc with 6k fans behind the goal it’s tinpot to be honest.
But if we can't fill those seats with home support?
The words, 'cut, nose, spite and face spring to mind.

theferret

Any club that is serious about getting promotion should not be giving away fans up to 6k tickets. Do we really want Leeds Leicester etc with 6k fans behind the goal it’s tinpot to be honest.

Yep, it is staggering that some people would wilfully give the opposition the advantage that a massive following gives, it becomes like a cup tie and players can raise their game in response. There is a reason why the likes of Albion restrict to 2000 when there are 1000s of empty seats.

That said only 2 clubs last season managed to fill the 4.5K so it wouldn't be an issue very often, but no way should we do this for the likes of Leicester and Leeds.

I'm hearing Leicester are considering limiting us to 2K and there is a bit of a row about it, but they are entitled to do that. Hopefully they don't, but if they do we should return the favour.

slowpoke

West Brom, Leicester, Brum, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Norwich are all likely to sell out their allocations, Millwall, Plymouth & Middlesbrough won’t be far off although being on tv and 12 o’clock kick-off won’t help.

theferret

West Brom, Leicester, Brum, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Norwich are all likely to sell out their allocations, Millwall, Plymouth & Middlesbrough won’t be far off although being on tv and 12 o’clock kick-off won’t help.
That's a wind up right?

skybluestub

Apologies if this has been posted before. For any parents/grandparents/family members etc who have bought child season tickets, you'll need to supply the club with the child's ID (passport etc) as proof of age.

Same goes for anyone buying a student ticket - you'll need proof of student status.

You'll most likely receive an email, can either respond via email with photo/scan of the ID, or go to the ticket office and take it

David O'Day

I remember when I had to move for a cup game against Newcastle because the cunts had given then so many tickets they used teh corner as segregation.

hamertime

Just give everyone 3k and that’s it. You won’t have the farce that was the Middlesbrough play off game then. It’s about time we started being a bit more ruthless with a winning mentality not just falling over to get a few extra gate receipts. We need to have this mentality in every aspect of the club.

Sky Blue Pete

Apologies if this has been posted before. For any parents/grandparents/family members etc who have bought child season tickets, you'll need to supply the club with the child's ID (passport etc) as proof of age.

Same goes for anyone buying a student ticket - you'll need proof of student status.

You'll most likely receive an email, can either respond via email with photo/scan of the ID, or go to the ticket office and take it
Not if they were a season ticket holder before

Sky Blue Pete

Just give everyone 3k and that’s it. You won’t have the farce that was the Middlesbrough play off game then. It’s about time we started being a bit more ruthless with a winning mentality not just falling over to get a few extra gate receipts. We need to have this mentality in every aspect of the club.
3000 doesn’t fill the end

theferret

3000 doesn’t fill the end

Doesn't matter really. It fills half the end, so give them that, 3000 is still 1000 more than were obliged to give and one of the biggest allocations in the league. Don't understand this clamour to give massive allocations and the advantage that gives to the opposition for a small uplift in revenue. Screams tinpot. Proper small club thinking.

Ashdown

If it hits £35 for the cheapest available adult seat, that would make us the 4th most expensive in the league, well over £100 for a family of four. I'm not sure how we justify that really. People seem to be almost egging them on to raise prices to this level which I just don't understand.

Not everyone can buy a ST, so we have to try to make it affordable as much as possible. At these prices, especially if things don't go well, we'll hardly be selling any match tickets at all. Personally I would ditch the categories and make it a flat £27 for all games with decent concessions.
Well said mate and I’m sure for some bizarre reason the people advocating such high prices are season ticket holders who although have made their commitment and fair play for that ….but need to remember that they are paying between £17.39 and about £22 a game at adult prices in seats of their choice.
I can see me and the wife being asked to pay £35 x 2 for a match in seats in all sorts of areas. We tend to do 8-10 games a season now living abroad a lot. Hence potentially £700.00 …..that’s too much.

skybluestub

Not if they were a season ticket holder before
Well ours are renewals and we've been emailed, and friends with kids who have also renewed have been contacted.

Just a heads up, as far as I'm aware, there's been no widespread comms about this and they're saying they won't release ST's until they get the ID proof. I'm heading to the ticket office tomorrow, so will update then

Sky Blue Pete

Well ours are renewals and we've been emailed, and friends with kids who have also renewed have been contacted.

Just a heads up, as far as I'm aware, there's been no widespread comms about this and they're saying they won't release ST's until they get the ID proof. I'm heading to the ticket office tomorrow, so will update then
Thanks
I’ll ask tomorrow if I remember

ccfcricoh

Yea i had exactly the same, JSB ticket thats been held for 4/5 years, needed to see a passport this time round, having never bothered since the very first year as a JSB

Saddlebrains

My 2 were renewals, I got an email saying all sound and they're renewed as JSB ST holders

My lad turns 14 end of September so he's lucky he misses the cut off of August 31st to qualify as a JSB

He will be too old to be one next season so that's a price hike I'm going to have to plan for

CV22SBA

Plymouth is mid-week so very doubt they will bring many. Millwall will bring more than they have done the last few years as its always been mid-week before.

Evo1883

I've never understood the idea of early bird .. just sell tickets at the price , why bother putting them up

rob9872

I've never understood the idea of early bird .. just sell tickets at the price , why bother putting them up
Often helps with cash flow in may / june when clubs have no income but still expenses to pay, although ours pretty pointless this year being so late. Helps planning too as I guess also be hard to commit to things when if nohody purchases until close to the season.

Sky Blue Pete

Often helps with cash flow in may / june when clubs have no income but still expenses to pay, although ours pretty pointless this year being so late. Helps planning too as I guess also be hard to commit to things when if nohody purchases until close to the season.
All good points

Stafford_SkBlue

Am I right that the individual match tickets prices have not been announced yet.
I cannot understand why all the prices, early birds, full season ticket and matchday prices cannot be given up front so one can make a decision on what to buy. Mind you looks like most have brought a season ticket so the match day tickets probably be reduced in numbers buying.
But just three weeks to first home match, not good.

Sky Blue Pete

Am I right that the individual match tickets prices have not been announced yet.
I cannot understand why all the prices, early birds, full season ticket and matchday prices cannot be given up front so one can make a decision on what to buy. Mind you looks like most have brought a season ticket so the match day tickets probably be reduced in numbers buying.
But just three weeks to first home match, not good.
You are sorry

Users who are viewing this thread