Season tickets (5 Viewers)

Grendel

Yep, not because they support Cov but because they were caught up in the emotion of potentially seeing big teams coming to the CBS. These fans would of course get hooked and keep their season ticket in future. But the key to pushing them into the initial outlay was the prospect of the Prem.

then they’d gave for in when £500 was there as they’d get it free if we went up

skyblue1991

Season tickets should have gone on sale a few weeks ago at the prices advertised. Then frozen sales at 16:45 on the Play Off final game

If promoted then prices rise by £100 or so (Prem football prices)

It would have given fans a chance to potentially buy a Prem season ticket for a Championship price when the interest and hysteria was high

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

MalcSB

Deal agreed with Frasers end of April.

Ticket office then dealing with high levels of sales for Birmingham and Middlesbrough home play off whilst selling, pretty rapidly 5,000 Prem deal tickets in a pretty short time (equivalent to not far off half of last years adult season ticket sales).

Then the little matter of Wembley. In addition, ticket office been closed for a number of days because of concerts (including today, announced at short notice).

So there are some valid contributory factors to delayed start of season ticket sales.

Deal agreed with Frasers end of April.

Ticket office then dealing with high levels of sales for Birmingham and Middlesbrough home play off whilst selling, pretty rapidly 5,000 Prem deal tickets in a pretty short time (equivalent to not far off half of last years adult season ticket sales).

Then the little matter of Wembley. In addition, ticket office been closed for a number of days because of concerts (including today, announced at short notice).

So there are some valid contributory factors to delayed start of season ticket sales.
They could've been on sale at the same time as the Prem package to be fair.

MalcSB

They could've been on sale at the same time as the Prem package to be fair.
I would have though they would have wanted to prioritise and focus on the sale of the 5,000 tickets in the first instance, without providing a competing offer at the same time.

ccfcricoh

I would have though they would have wanted to prioritise and focus on the sale of the 5,000 tickets in the first instance, without providing a competing offer at the same time.
and if we'd got promoted the ST price would have gone up over £100 easily! why undersell them

theferret

and if we'd got promoted the ST price would have gone up over £100 easily! why undersell them

Why would they? No suggestion of that at all. This doesn't happen at any other club as season tickets usually on sale Feb/March so not sure where this suggestion comes from.

ccfcricoh

Why would they? No suggestion of that at all. This doesn't happen at any other club so not sure where this suggestion comes from.
why would they... to get more revenue in the premier league? suggestion being that they made it clear they were Championship prices. suppose we'll never know for sure now we are still in Championship anyway

Dougs made it very clear we need to make more revenue per ticket, not necessarily increase volume, why undersell tickets in the premier league

croatskyblue

Seems to be a lot of complaining about very little.

The goal is to increase revenue, not bums on seats. Someone was using Stoke at home with us in 14th as an example, saying we’d only get 15,000 at 35 quid.

That comes to 525 grand, which is more than we’d get for 20,000 at 25 quid, so for the club it’s a no brainer.

The days of trying to fill the ground by discounting aggressively are over, we are now about extracting as much revenue as possible per ticket.

And I can’t believe for one second that loads of fans have decided not to bother now because of them not being on sale yet, as is being suggested, no way.

croatskyblue

Season tickets should have gone on sale a few weeks ago at the prices advertised. Then frozen sales at 16:45 on the Play Off final game

If promoted then prices rise by £100 or so (Prem football prices)

It would have given fans a chance to potentially buy a Prem season ticket for a Championship price when the interest and hysteria was high

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Why on earth would the club want to sell Premier League season tickets at championship prices?

croatskyblue

Because ticket revenue means fuck all in the Prem and we’re likely to go straight down so get people hooked now.

but that’s not the way the club is thinking, as King said himself, we have to grow revenue, not give away thousands in the hope they stay on

shmmeee

but that’s not the way the club is thinking, as King said himself, we have to grow revenue, not give away thousands in the hope they stay on

Right now, sure cos it’s a major income stream. In the Prem the calculus changes. Hence the offer of a refund being viable.

There’s no way the prices would have changed if we went up. Would have been a PR nightmare.

CCFCSteve

Because ticket revenue means fuck all in the Prem and we’re likely to go straight down so get people hooked now.

Im not sure people would get hooked by potentially watching us be the premier league whipping boys, could even put some off ! I agree that ticket revenue should mean fuck all in the grand scheme of things in the prem but if that was the case why does every club charge fans more ? It’s also the little things like if we got relegated they could ‘cut’ prices.

Anyway none of us really know the reasons for the delay. All I know is it’s not been a standard end of season, not to mention the fact we’ve got a new owner looking more closely at revenue streams etc, so giving a bit of leeway

Ashdown

Have you been to Coventry recently….it hasn’t had a recent flood of millionaires rock up into town. The club can only take what the fans can afford to pay. That will go with single tickets too when they announce prices. We have a cost of living crises going on……

quinn1971

Maybe the season ticket announcement is being held back to announce a new signing first or wer‘e keeping vik or hamer, prob wishful thinking ?

croatskyblue

Have you been to Coventry recently….it hasn’t had a recent flood of millionaires rock up into town. The club can only take what the fans can afford to pay. That will go with single tickets too when they announce prices. We have a cost of living crises going on……

and?

The aim is still to get as much revenue as possible

theferret

why would they... to get more revenue in the premier league? suggestion being that they made it clear they were Championship prices. suppose we'll never know for sure now we are still in Championship anyway

Dougs made it very clear we need to make more revenue per ticket, not necessarily increase volume, why undersell tickets in the premier league

Piss off supporters for an extra £1m on the back of a £170 million windfall? It's already been confirmed that prices would not have risen had we been promoted. In any other season, had we not be waiting for a deal to stay at the CBS, season tickets would have been on sale months before promotion was confirmed anyway.

Any football club business plan that doesn't see increasing volume as being important is doomed to failure.

fatso

Im not sure people would get hooked by potentially watching us be the premier league whipping boys, could even put some off ! I agree that ticket revenue should mean fuck all in the grand scheme of things in the prem but if that was the case why does every club charge fans more ? It’s also the little things like if we got relegated they could ‘cut’ prices.

Anyway none of us really know the reasons for the delay. All I know is it’s not been a standard end of season, not to mention the fact we’ve got a new owner looking more closely at revenue streams etc, so giving a bit of leeway
This time last year Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest were nailed on to be the whipping boys along with Brentford of course.
It always makes me laugh how some people assume a team can't recruit well and adapt once they go up.

Luton (for example) have just as much chance of staying up next season as Everton, Wolves or West Ham, not to mention the 4 teams I listed above.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just don't understand why they're not on sale from today, don't they want our money.

Flying Fokker

That’s the way I see it. Unless we are suddenly ‘the only show in town’ and the new fans come from amongst the above average income category. I have a feeling a lot of people outside that category spent it on their Wembley adventure. Which means that matchday tickets should be pitched with that in mind.

Grendel

Right now, sure cos it’s a major income stream. In the Prem the calculus changes. Hence the offer of a refund being viable.

There’s no way the prices would have changed if we went up. Would have been a PR nightmare.

Aston Villa increased prices by 15% and its an average of £800 and they will again sell out

shmmeee

It’s a fair question. Do teams that go down after one season see increased attendances compared to before promotion? Any idea of example teams I can look at?

ccfcricoh

Piss off supporters for an extra £1m on the back of a £170 million windfall? It's already been confirmed that prices would not have risen had we been promoted. In any other season, had we not be waiting for a deal to stay at the CBS, season tickets would have been on sale months before promotion was confirmed anyway.

Any football club business plan that doesn't see increasing volume as being important is doomed to failure.
where's it been confirmed, I haven't seen? if we were never going to increase prices in the premier league why is the premier league package only fixed until we get promoted?

i also cant think of a single supporter that would be "pissed off" paying more for a premier league season ticket than a championship one

last season we had c13k season tickets, 3k of which were JSBs, once you take out students and OAPs we were probably looking at about 8k full paying adults, and the system was being abused, that is the immediate issue Doug is trying to resolve. its easier and quicker to resolve that issue before finding thousands of more "new" people to sign up, which wouldn't have been resolved by having tickets on sale slightly earlier

the season is more than 2 months away

shmmeee

where's it been confirmed, I haven't seen? if we were never going to increase prices in the premier league why is the premier league package only fixed until we get promoted?

i also cant think of a single supporter that would be "pissed off" paying more for a premier league season ticket than a championship one

last season we had c13k season tickets, 3k of which were JSBs, once you take out students and OAPs we were probably looking at about 8k full paying adults, and the system was being abused, that is the immediate issue Doug is trying to resolve. its easier and quicker to resolve that issue before finding thousands of more "new" people to sign up, which wouldn't have been resolved by having tickets on sale slightly earlier

the season is more than 2 months away

Not sure if it’s been confirmed but I’ve heard that’s not what the plan was/the hold up is.

Obviously prices would rise if we stayed in the Prem, but half the point of a ST early bird discount is you’re buying not sure what you’re getting.

Saddlebrains

Not sure if it’s been confirmed but I’ve heard that’s not what the plan was/the hold up is.

Obviously prices would rise if we stayed in the Prem, but half the point of a ST early bird discount is you’re buying not sure what you’re getting.

Doug being a pain the arse over matchday prices i heard

croatskyblue

so it’s a good job we never did it

when trying to work out why the club is doing certain things, people need to think in terms of what CCFC the business needs, not what the CCFC supporters want (and what they’ve become accustomed to to be honest)

Last edited:

croatskyblue

That’s the way I see it. Unless we are suddenly ‘the only show in town’ and the new fans come from amongst the above average income category. I have a feeling a lot of people outside that category spent it on their Wembley adventure. Which means that matchday tickets should be pitched with that in mind.

wrong again. Like it or not, the club is trying to get more money in, not keep people happy. They will say the right things of course but the aim is to get revenue as high as possible, and if that pisses people off then within reason so be it

Users who are viewing this thread