Season Tickets!!! (4 Viewers)

theferret

There is when u think it was pretty much all season tickets last season and sold out every home game

But then so was 17-22. The number of seats showing as available is proportionately the same as the rest of the east stand, probably fewer seats in truth.

This stuff about cheap kids tickets no longer being available is nonsense and has nothing to do with it. In any given season, some people won't renew or will move. There are actually far fewer seats released than I expected.

pusbccfc

A mate of mine has just been contacted and told his seat won't be available in block 15. They've been contacting people all day because they are now closing the 2 seats at the end of each row!

Absolute bonkers! Closing the end seat last season was one thing, but 2 is madness.

SHUNT31

A mate of mine has just been contacted and told his seat won't be available in block 15. They've been contacting people all day because they are now closing the 2 seats at the end of each row!

Absolute bonkers! Closing the end seat last season was one thing, but 2 is madness.
Blame the dickheads that come stand in the footwells rather than in their allocated seat…. As well as the SAG, they’re dickheads too.

pusbccfc

Blame the dickheads that come stand in the footwells rather than in their allocated seat…. As well as the SAG, they’re dickheads too.

Were there any significant issues in the corner last season? Wasn't overcrowded at all. It was half empty most games.

bigfatronssba

Why aren’t the stewards and police removing them from the stairwell?

mmttww

You've got a point. Last couple of home games, they tried clamping down on it. Outcome? People blocking stairwells and entrances while rowing with Stewards when told to go to their actual Block. Stewards had a choice - keep blocking the stairwell, or just give up and let them past so there's no bottleneck.

Sounds like the club is being pragmatic - accepting people will keep forcing their way in to those blocks and building in a buffer so it doesn't become a total mess. Does anyone really think there's a water-tight way of stopping people blagging their way in to those blocks? Im not convinced there is.

mmttww

Why aren’t the stewards and police removing them from the stairwell?
Because it tends to be groups of rowdy lads that outnumber the steward(s). Be fair as well, people would get on the backs of police or stewards if what you're suggesting happened. I can see the argument for trying it for a couple of games to see if it changes things, but if it doesn't, do we want it happening most games?

David O'Day

Because it tends to be groups of rowdy lads that outnumber the steward(s). Be fair as well, people would get on the backs of police or stewards if what you're suggesting happened. I can see the argument for trying it for a couple of games to see if it changes things, but if it doesn't, do we want it happening most games?
didn't see any of this in 15 and you can't get in there if you aren't meant to be there

pusbccfc

There were no fans in gangways between 15 and 16 all season. There were loads of empty seats.

If you want to stop overcrowding, surely you don't take away 500+ tickets?

theferret

You've got a point. Last couple of home games, they tried clamping down on it. Outcome? People blocking stairwells and entrances while rowing with Stewards when told to go to their actual Block. Stewards had a choice - keep blocking the stairwell, or just give up and let them past so there's no bottleneck.

Sounds like the club is being pragmatic - accepting people will keep forcing their way in to those blocks and building in a buffer so it doesn't become a total mess. Does anyone really think there's a water-tight way of stopping people blagging their way in to those blocks? Im not convinced there is.

Didn't see any of this all season, even the sold out games. As was pointed out, there were loads of empty seats last season, people clearly were not making their way into this part of the ground, so the response is to close more of it? Bonkers. They won't be happy until the corner is effectively stamped out (they being the SAG I suspect).

SHUNT31

Were there any significant issues in the corner last season? Wasn't overcrowded at all. It was half empty most games.
I was in 16 last year, on the end by the footwell near 17. There were people in the footwells for almost every game, young people mainly who obviously had tickets for other blocks but wanted to be near the corner for the atmosphere. Stewards very rarely did anything about it.

It was particularly bad for the Boro play off game.

What’s funny is it doesn’t seem to be a problem in 14/15 as they do ‘checks’ on tickets yet these are the areas restricted.I sat in 15 for the Brum game and there were no one in the footwells.

SAG haven’t got a clue.

mmttww

I was in 16 last year, on the end by the footwell near 17. There were people in the footwells for almost every game, young people mainly who obviously had tickets for other blocks but wanted to be near the corner for the atmosphere. Stewards very rarely did anything about it.

It was particularly bad for the Boro play off game.
This is what I saw towards the end of the season between 15 and 16. I don't want sales limited or seats being empty. Maybe feedback needs to be given to the club that fans are fine if there's loads of police and stewards swarming the issue for the first few games, possibly being a pain in the arse in the short term, if it deters people from trying it long term.

David O'Day

This is what I saw towards the end of the season between 15 and 16. I don't want sales limited or seats being empty. Maybe feedback needs to be given to the club that fans are fine if there's loads of police and stewards swarming the issue for the first few games, possibly being a pain in the arse in the short term, if it deters people from trying it long term.
I sit near that staircase and I did not see anyone who was doing this

bigfatronssba

I get with the stewards, but surely the police should get involved?

If I stood in the stairwell in block 23 I’d be asked to move. If I refused I’d be arrested.
The police are there to enforce the rules constantly

theferret

I'm on the end of the row between block 15/16 and genuinely didn't see anything all season.

SkyBlueMatt

I can't judge this forum anymore. Is this true or is everyone now on the wind up? :ROFLMAO:

They'll have to move me along one.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I'm on the end of the row between block 15/16 and genuinely didn't see anything all season.
At the top of between 17/18 the stairwell is rammed for most games. I assumed it would be the case that it would be like it the whole way into singers corner. Hopefully they keep making their way round for a tour of the stadium and they'll be among the FZ before we know it.

MTK

didn't see any of this in 15 and you can't get in there if you aren't meant to be there
I'm in 16 and every game we had to get up to allow young lads to come from our right, go past us and then up the steps into block 15. I don't think many had accidentally come up the wrong stairwell for blocks 17+. I always assumed they had tickets else where and were moving into 15

Users who are viewing this thread