Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

i have paid for 2 season tickets and will not want a refund

however, if i was now unemployed and struggling to pay mortgage/food bills etc, I would be desperate for every penny

So it has to be based on everybody;s personal circumstance, and people should not be ashamed to ask for a refund if they really do need the money

ccfchoi87

i have paid for 2 season tickets and will not want a refund

however, if i was now unemployed and struggling to pay mortgage/food bills etc, I would be desperate for every penny

So it has to be based on everybody;s personal circumstance, and people should not be ashamed to ask for a refund if they really do need the money

This is exactly right. I won’t be asking for a refund but respect that some people will need it. Hopefully there is no one out there that will brag about getting their money back from sisu as they probably would have in the past.

Sky Blue Harry H

many teams have started selling but we dont know

Where we will be playing
When we will be playing
Whether we will be able to see us playing

That by any stretch of the imagination is a hard sell

Give us £400 - I dont know where to , When or even if you will get anything for your money ?

To be fair, 2 of those 3 apply to most clubs

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I know most championship clubs have offered a refund or free streaming of the remaining games but the finances at that level of so different to be able to do this.
Norwich have offered a few options of money return or money to the academy

People have to make their own decisions when the club makes that decision, everyone has different financial circumstances with this current situation, for me, I think the commercial side to the club over the last few years has been way ahead of any of the former years of any owner, even back to the Prem days. Kit, ticket pricing, season tickets, fan involvement, the social media, the manager and and the team, all way ahead of previous failings.

From the funds you and others raised, season tickets were purchased for fans and the club matched those purchased tickets to double the amount of fans who could watch the team this last year. For that, I am thankful to the club and I am sure that whilst there is no perfect solution, they will do their best to get it right for those wanting options but those options will have to be limited to allow for administration of them.

BornSlippySkyBlue

That only applies to individual game tickets. Season tickets don't technically have to offer refunds as you purchased a ticket to cover league games played this season, games took place and the season is now completed not cancelled.

This is from when Bury dropped out of the league:
"Coventry City is under no obligation to refund fans who bought a Season Ticket based around 23 home league games - this situation is completely out of our control, and is covered in our Customer Charter and Season Ticket Terms & Conditions."

However I expect the club will offer something as a goodwill gesture.
I remember that now, but everything I read says it is basic consumer law that if you pay for a product or service that the supplier can not provide, you are legally entitled to a full refund. This article on the FSA site states “– it is important to remember, however, the default legal position is that if you’ve paid for a game that won’t admit spectators then you are entitled to a full refund.” and makes no distinction between season tickets or individual ones.
Premier League clubs begin refund process - with one exception - Football Supporters' Association

Also the Athletic say the same (quoting consumer law experts):

Fans can sue clubs if they don't refund season tickets

Worth a read the last one.

chiefdave

I remember that now, but everything I read says it is basic consumer law that if you pay for a product or service that the supplier can not provide, you are legally entitled to a full refund. This article on the FSA site states “– it is important to remember, however, the default legal position is that if you’ve paid for a game that won’t admit spectators then you are entitled to a full refund.” and makes no distinction between season tickets or individual ones.
Premier League clubs begin refund process - with one exception - Football Supporters' Association

Also the Athletic say the same (quoting consumer law experts):

Fans can sue clubs if they don't refund season tickets

Worth a read the last one.
Of course you can sue the club. You'd have to prove that the season ticket was purchased for a set number of games rather than in line with the terms and conditions given at the time of purchase. Personally think that would be a strong argument but not sure it would be worth all the hassle given the amount you'd receive back on a full price ticket would be £56.50.

As I said I expect the club will make an offer. Suspect it will include the option to not claim your money back.

Warwickhunt

i think there will be a limit on season tickets to reflect on a 1/3 of the stadium capacity. also a price hike to cover so get queing when they do sell them SA season ticket holders will have priority :joyful::joyful: I hope we are at the RICOH as well

CCFC88

How many do people think we would sell at the Ricoh? 9-12k? That would be plenty if the season did start 1/3 stadiums full. Id imagine there will be a limit on away fans traveling, if we are still in a social distancing period coaches will be a no no

Sky Blue Harry H

How many do people think we would sell at the Ricoh? 9-12k? That would be plenty if the season did start 1/3 stadiums full. Id imagine there will be a limit on away fans traveling, if we are still in a social distancing period coaches will be a no no

Think a few of the older fans (still don't class myself as one, even though technically I may be!) may be slightly twitchy about renewing whist Cov-id is still about. Otherwise I'd think you would be right about the figure (may still be)

rob9872

I'd written ours off in ny head some months back and assumed the club's need was greater, but now they've gone up, if it's on offer I'd take it. I suspect most saying they wouldn't are being a little disingenuous and will gladly accept. Not an insignificant sum based on pro-rata either. Hopefully it will be in the form of a discount against next seasons ticket and rewards the loyalty for backing the club at St Andrews long before we knew which kind of season we'd have.

There is a bigger picture too, in that nobody knows if they'll be a sevond wave yet and people are more likely to commit to a season ticket if they know they'll be offered a balance back for unseen games. Clubs rely on season tickets for planning and I think a number might be cautious and perhaps buy game packages instead if they're not discounted.

pipkin73

I said previously that the club should sell match packages at this time, this would raise some funds for the club whilst not costing the fans as much. When the new season is confirmed (where and when) then you could stick with your match package or upgrade to a season ticket if fans are allowed in early enough in to the season. You could also choose to buy a season ticket and let friends come with your match package and help grow the attendance or maybe exchange your match package for an ifollow away games credit.

Adge

I think it would be disappointing not too hit 8,000 season tickets, but with games possibly being behind closed doors people may we’ll hold off initially.

Bugsy

Robins expects lots of fans to return if back at the Ricoh

And they will I also reckon, definitely be a sellout 1st game back then the crowds will maintain at around 15k to 18k as alot of people have missed the football fullstop let alone the season we had previously and the attractive football we play... PUSB

Edit, might be higher than 18k to be honest.

BigadamL

As long as current season ticket holders get first pick like in normal situations I’m a happy bunny, and as far away from the 11/12 thousand apparent extra fans as possible, not going to win every game so can’t wait to here the robins out cries when/ if we are losing 1 nil to Bournemouth at home

Specs WT-R75

Didn't Boddy say last week they need to contact last season ticket holders about refunds, hopefully most fans will turn it down in favour of a preferential price or deal when they do go on sale. The longer they delay this the more chance that we say headlines like this in the CET quoting the usual sources.

On CWR he did specifically say that ST holders would be offered refunds.

It would make sense to roll it into the ST renewal process:

Had a ST last year, your early bird renewal is £275 instead of £350.
Alternatively if you don't want to renew and want a £75 refund then email the club.

All prices made up, but they can make this years early bird better for ST holders, and non-ST holders are going to have to stump up more as we are in the Championship.

Also makes next years renewals easier as they can say that this years price was actually slightly higher than it really was.

Skybluefaz

On CWR he did specifically say that ST holders would be offered refunds.

It would make sense to roll it into the ST renewal process:

Had a ST last year, your early bird renewal is £275 instead of £350.
Alternatively if you don't want to renew and want a £75 refund then email the club.

All prices made up, but they can make this years early bird better for ST holders, and non-ST holders are going to have to stump up more as we are in the Championship.

Also makes next years renewals easier as they can say that this years price was actually slightly higher than it really was.
Good idea, you'd still get people crying that they are being charged more because their morals didn't allow them to go to St Andrews

Magwitch

I think spectators at football or many other sports is very wishful thinking before Xmas, Government have already back peddled on return to schooling and are now saying September atleast, they are not going to put their necks on the block for sport. We will be relying on income from ifollow for a while yet.

CCFC88

I think spectators at football or many other sports is very wishful thinking before Xmas, Government have already back peddled on return to schooling and are now saying September atleast, they are not going to put their necks on the block for sport. We will be relying on income from ifollow for a while yet.
I don't see how L2 and some L1 clubs survive without gate receipts. Fans will be in the stadiums for the first game of the season late September albeit 30-50% full. It is still 3 months way

Grendel

I don't see how L2 and some L1 clubs survive without gate receipts. Fans will be in the stadiums for the first game of the season late September albeit 30-50% full. It is still 3 months way

A lot of championship clubs as well need revenue - season ticket sales are used to fund transfer activity it’s going to be an impossible scenario - crowds I’d imagine wiki be phased back in

Colin Steins Smile

I would hope that any credit on my season ticket is just used to discount this seasons, although I’m happy to donate the balance Of this season to the club.
If the club enter into refunds, it’s a bit of a faff!
I also hope this years ST holders get first option on renewing if there’s limited capacity on initial games

clint van damme

I said previously that the club should sell match packages at this time, this would raise some funds for the club whilst not costing the fans as much. When the new season is confirmed (where and when) then you could stick with your match package or upgrade to a season ticket if fans are allowed in early enough in to the season. You could also choose to buy a season ticket and let friends come with your match package and help grow the attendance or maybe exchange your match package for an ifollow away games credit.

you posted last week that some Spanish clubs were looking to get fans back into Stadiums Pipkin.
Was that full attendances or partial attendances with social distancing?

Specs WT-R75

Good idea, you'd still get people crying that they are being charged more because their morals didn't allow them to go to St Andrews

I hear you but you would have to phrase it correctly. All people would be able to buy at the early bird price, just some fans would have a credit owed to them towards their purchase due to the refund...

I am realistic that the ST price needs to go up quite a chunk if we are going to compete next season. Even matchday ticket prices are going to have to go to the £30 mark (so that you can capitalise on the larger away fan attendance in Championship)... You can still offer 6 match packs at 20 a pop to appease those that can't go every week.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just a question re match packages.

Do they have to be used for separate matches? Say for example you and someone else wanted to go to a few matches together could you buy say a six ticket package and the two of you go to three games or would both people need separate packages?

Specs WT-R75

What L1 & L2 need is certainty on what is going on, and they will then be able to plan accordingly.

They will have to set their playing budgets and close season business according to the new normal revenue. Yes ST sales will be down, but so will running costs. To counter balance that ifollow, either via an ifollow ST, or individual match day passes will bridge some of the gap.

Players out of contract will have to sign lesser deals or move on, and some teams will not be able to sign new players and will have to play the kids.

Specs WT-R75

Do they have to be used for separate matches? Say for example you and someone else wanted to go to a few matches together could you buy say a six ticket package and the two of you go to three games or would both people need separate packages?

My understanding is they can be used as you suggest, as long as tickets are available. This may have changed now that the 6 game packs are available online...

Nick

Administrator
Just a question re match packages.

Yeah they are just vouchers, you could use all 6 for 1 game or use them for 6 different games.

Grendel

Yeah they are just vouchers, you could use all 6 for 1 game or use them for 6 different games.

Terms may have to change next season and To be honest I’d can the offer until January and just target individual games with cut price walk up offers

Specs WT-R75

Terms may have to change next season and To be honest I’d can the offer until January and just target individual games with cut price walk up offers

I believe there is a limit on the number of times that you can do cut price promotions for games, and I believe such offers have to be offered to the away fans as well. 6 match packages (or some sort of membership discount scheme) might be the way to reward the current fans whilst keeping the prices higher for away fans.

Grendel

I believe there is a limit on the number of times that you can do cut price promotions for games, and I believe such offers have to be offered to the away fans as well. 6 match packages (or some sort of membership discount scheme) might be the way to reward the current fans whilst keeping the prices higher for away fans.

Rhe reality is this is a far higher standard of football opposition and atmosphere

This forum is full of people whip claim we ate a sleeping giant. Any big city can attract supporters at Poundland prices

In Coventry you’d have to max out in season tickets so it should really be that and £25 a game to start with

Users who are viewing this thread