Season tickets details (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Brassed off about that. I sit behind the goal as I have a son that doesn’t like sitting in large crowds.

I’ll still get one one but I doubt he’ll get one now. That’s £400 the clubs most likely lost just now.

My boy is 4 and have bought him a ST for the past 2 seasons, only for him not to use it yet, but at £25 it was never a problem. Also allowed a mate to buy a ticket and sit in the spare seat with us. He’s becoming mildly interested so I thought next year may be the year he begins joining me regularly, but I’m not going to pay £200 for it to be used sparingly.

I’m equally as annoyed that my seat is unavailable. Somewhere I’d never look to move from to be honest. I seriously hope they consider a U-turn on this.

Greggs

As I’ve said prices were always going to go up, if we want to compete for top players, convince our better players to stay we have to pay top wages and be able to afford it if we go up it’s then a whole different ball game. What I will say is hats off to Doug King he’s acted before any promotion that might happen, cards on the table, there were always going to be belly aching but look at the packages, it ain’t too bad.
Riddle me this, no matter how many over priced tickets we sell - we'll still have a bottom 6 budget.

pusbccfc

2009/10 was £420 on the halfway line.

That would be £650+ adjusted for inflation.

Hobo

Ultimately it’ll live or die by sales figures. If they fail to match last seasons revenue after the season we’ve just had (even if we don’t make playoffs), there’s a fairly obvious signal it was a bad move. Otherwise it’s not.
Very true. It all seems a bit trying to take advantage of play off fever and the 30,000 plus v Birmingham rather than a thought out strategy over next 5 years?

shmmeee

Very true. It all seems a bit trying to take advantage of play off fever and the 30,000 plus v Birmingham rather than a thought out strategy over next 5 years?

I suspect this has been the plan for a while.

Nick

Administrator
To qualify for the cheaper adult ticket you had to, but you could buy kids tickets at jsb prices anywhere in the ground.

Yeah which is my point, they weren't free unless you were in the JSB zone / blocks. It changed a couple of years back so they were free anywhere in the ground. (with JSB membership).

I suspect that move lead to shit loads of abuse of them...

GIMOC

club haven’t read the room at all and very short sighted in this. Record season ticket sales when sisu were still here back in august. Instead of using that and just slightly increasing prices, they’ve gone down the route of Doug king is god he can do no wrong. If sisu had pulled this same stunt be more up roar.

David O'Day

Yeah which is my point, they weren't free unless you were in the JSB zone / blocks. It changed a couple of years back so they were free anywhere in the ground. (with JSB membership)
But people aren't whinging because they aren't free, they are whinging because their kids seats have gone massively up undless they move to a part of the ground they don't want to be in.

theferret

Yeah which is my point, they weren't free unless you were in the JSB zone / blocks.
No,.they were free, you just had to pay the £25 membership fee which you had to pay in the JSB section also. I did this for my son in block 16. What is it you're not getting?

Even if what you were saying was true, which it isn't, you're going back 8 years anyway. People don't won't to move from their current seats, it's an entirely different matchday experience now.

pusbccfc

To qualify for the cheaper adult ticket you had to, but you could buy kids tickets at jsb prices anywhere in the ground.

Season ticket for a JSB in the Premium Zone would have been £140 with a membership from what I can work out.

Obviously a lot more next season but it wasn't necessarily cheap then, especially for League 1 football.

BigadamL

I’m so confused 🤯 I sit in block 36 with my two kids 5 and 7
Before I had £25 membership for the kids each and I paid mine.
So now I’m paying £200 for each kids and then my £400?
been a long day sorry. I’m guessing the JSB membership you won’t get a season ticket with it?

Greggs

Get the kid a season ticket instead of an iPad and move on.

Nick

Administrator
No,.they were free, you just had to pay the £25 membership fee which you had to pay in the JSB section also. I did this for my son in block 16. What is it you're not getting?

Even if what you were saying was true, which it isn't, you're going back 8 years amyway. People don't won't to move from their current seats, it an entirely different matchday experience now.

They weren't free, that's the point I am making. I don't think they were £200 though, more like £30 for under 13 or something if they were a JSB. (may have changed when the zones have come in and out)

SheafIsGod

Is there any limit on how many additional adult tickets you can buy in the JSB zone? Is there anything stopping 10 adults getting a £250 season ticket with just 1 U14 JSB?

SBT

Ultimately it’ll live or die by sales figures. If they fail to match last seasons revenue after the season we’ve just had (even if we don’t make playoffs), there’s a fairly obvious signal it was a bad move. Otherwise it’s not.
If the price rises lead to a negligible increase in revenue, but a noticeable decline in atmosphere, are they a success? For me it’s a no.

Greggs

People moaning about paying for their kids. Kids that are sat there playing on a £600 games console that's plugged into a £800 tv - wearing a fucking stupid tracksuit and trainer combo set that cost £350.......

clint van damme

Even if what you were saying was true, which it isn't, you're going back 8 years anyway. People don't won't to move from their current seats, it's an entirely different matchday experience now.

We need these kids to enjoy it and keep coming back, in the words of Whitney Houston, 'I believe the children are our future!'.

mark82

Brassed off about that. I sit behind the goal as I have a son that doesn’t like sitting in large crowds.

I’ll still get one one but I doubt he’ll get one now. That’s £400 the clubs most likely lost just now.

Try block 1, 2 & 3. I've sat there previous years. Smaller stand so far fewer people. Also less crowded in the concourse.

pusbccfc

club haven’t read the room at all and very short sighted in this. Record season ticket sales when sisu were still here back in august. Instead of using that and just slightly increasing prices, they’ve gone down the route of Doug king is god he can do no wrong. If sisu had pulled this same stunt be more up roar.

The absolute vast majority will be paying slightly more though and there's possible thousands paying LESS.

Didn't Doug say we have 3000 JSB season tickets?

If you guess that we had 8000 adult season tickets, all but 3 blocks are paying £345 (early bird) or £399 (standard).

With the £399 standard price next season, I'd imagine possibly 3000-4000 fans are paying just £1 more and another 4000 are paying £55 more.

The thing people aren't seeing are that a 14 year old JSB and his dad can go for £300. Last season that would have been £440.

Briles

Tbf this might be due to the new lease agreement. I imagine Ashley drives a hard bargain and he holds all the cards.

pusbccfc

I’m so confused 🤯 I sit in block 36 with my two kids 5 and 7
Before I had £25 membership for the kids each and I paid mine.
So now I’m paying £200 for each kids and then my £400?
been a long day sorry. I’m guessing the JSB membership you won’t get a season ticket with it?

Yes BUT

If you move to block 34, it would cost you just £350 all in, including the memberships!

David O'Day

The absolute vast majority will be paying slightly more though and there's possible thousands paying LESS.

Didn't Doug say we have 3000 JSB season tickets?

If you guess that we had 8000 adult season tickets, all but 3 blocks are paying £345 (early bird) or £399 (standard).

With the £399 standard price next season, I'd imagine possibly 3000-4000 fans are paying just £1 more and another 4000 are paying £55 more.

The thing people aren't seeing are that a 14 year old JSB and his dad can go for £300. Last season that would have been £440.
But said 14 year old and his dad has to sit in the face painters and whizzidy woo stand

Users who are viewing this thread