Season Tickets 24/25 (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

I don't think there should be a minimum stadium capacity but I do think there should be a minimum away allocation in absolute terms.

Say (pulling a figure out of my arse) you have to allocate a minimum of 3k for away fans then Bournemouth would have to give 30% of their ground for away fans and develop further to allow for more home fans.

Mucca Mad Boys

I haven’t said that our current stadium is too small, I said 25,000 would be too small when you said 30,000 is too big!

There’s isn't much disagreement here, is there? Historically, 25,000 would’ve suited us perfectly which is why the decision to leave HR in the first place wasn’t really necessary. Now we are knocking on the door of the Premiership as a successful Championship side, we’re beginning to tap into the potential identified when the Arena project was envisaged in the 90s. In a way, we’re both right. Is that fair?

MalcSB

There’s isn't much disagreement here, is there? Historically, 25,000 would’ve suited us perfectly which is why the decision to leave HR in the first place wasn’t really necessary. Now we are knocking on the door of the Premiership as a successful Championship side, we’re beginning to tap into the potential identified when the Arena project was envisaged in the 90s. In a way, we’re both right. Is that fair?
Yep, that’s a fair comment.

shmmeee

If we’d stayed in the Prem or even the Championship the 24k at HR wouldn’t have been close to enough.

Mucca Mad Boys

If we’d stayed in the Prem or even the Championship the 24k at HR wouldn’t have been close to enough.

Why do you say that? Our highest average attendance in the Prem years was sub 21k. We’re we selling out of STs every year with a waiting list then?

I’m glad we’ve got a facility that is Premiership quality as that is our current trajectory. That said, my early experiences of the RICOH was it being depressingly half empty most of the time and teams singing ‘your grounds too big for you’. At least now we get ‘where were you when you were shit?!’ 😂

I never had the privilege of going to Premier League match as a Cov fan.

shmmeee

Why do you say that? Our highest average attendance in the Prem years was sub 21k. We’re we selling out of STs every year with a waiting list then?

I’m glad we’ve got a facility that is Premiership quality as that is our current trajectory. That said, my early experiences of the RICOH was it being depressingly half empty most of the time and teams singing ‘your grounds too big for you’. At least now we get ‘where were you when you were shit?!’ 😂

You’re comparing apples to oranges. 21k is 85% full in an era with lower crowds across the sport, during one of the worst periods of the clubs history.

bigfatronssba

In the season we had our highest PL average (just under 21k) Tottenham had an average of 34k.

So why did Tottenham feel the need to build a new 60k stadium?

Mucca Mad Boys

In the season we had our highest PL average (just under 21k) Tottenham had an average of 34k.

They were selling out 95% of the capacity of their stadium for the next 15 seasons. If we averaged 30-31,000+ attendances in the next 15 years then there’d be a reasonable argument to expand.

fernandopartridge

Tottenham is in one of the most visited cities in the world, it's fair to say they are looking to exploit that as much as provide tickets for demand from Tottenham fans.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Tottenham is in one of the most visited cities in the world, it's fair to say they are looking to exploit that as much as provide tickets for demand from Tottenham fans.
I turn my back and someone made it a city.I know what you mean about fans visiting London from all over the world. Why not get them along to the stadium buy some souvenirs and shirts, watch a game or 2.Their average attendance in 2000 was 35,000 now 61,000 +.
Wait till our fame has spread to every country in the world won't be long the way were going about it.
Then we can build our new ground or extend our current 1 over the railway line.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Tottenham is the fag end of London.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sorry but it’s not 1993 anymore.

We would do what 99.9% of all PL clubs do, and that is sell out every single game.

I’m not sure why people think the CBS was built in the first place, do they think the club just did it for a laugh?

It was built because in the late 90s HR had become a barrier to growth.

In terms of statue we’re a club that should aspire to be a PL team, but also recognise that we’re not out of place in the Championship. For that 32k is an ideal capacity
We will rarely sell out 32k in the championship.

Hiraeth

We will rarely sell out 32k in the championship.
I think it depends on the pricing and level of success, it's the kind of goal which would be a stretch but if we continue to be ambitious and successful in the Championship, why not over time?

If you'd told me when there were 375 of us watching Max Biamou's hat trick that within five years we'd be regularly getting the 25k attendances that Adi Viveash referred to in April 2020, I'd have thought you were on drugs and yet here we are.

Screenshot_20240326-211658.png

Sky Blue Pete

I think it depends on the pricing and level of success, it's the kind of goal which would be a stretch but if we continue to be ambitious and successful in the Championship, why not over time?

If you'd told me when there were 375 of us watching Max Biamou's hat trick that within five years we'd be regularly getting the 25k attendances that Adi Viveash referred to in April 2020, I'd have thought you were on drugs and yet here we are.

View attachment 34768
Prophetic

bigfatronssba

They were selling out 95% of the capacity of their stadium for the next 15 seasons. If we averaged 30-31,000+ attendances in the next 15 years then there’d be a reasonable argument to expand.

We were selling out 95% of our capacity in the last few years of the PL, and would've continued to do so had we not been relegated

Mucca Mad Boys

The aim isn't to be in the Championship
We were selling out 95% of our capacity in the last few years of the PL, and would've continued to do so had we not been relegated
Obviously not, but even in the Prem we were flirting with relegation most seasons. We’re a big Championship club with potential.

Look at Leicester, won the Prem, was in Europa league and relegated in a short period of time.

Again, the riches of the Prem come from TV rights, not ticket sales. So extending the CBS, aside from costing a lot of money, isn’t worth the costs.

We don’t even utilise the space we’ve got so this topic really is a non-starter until we do.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Obviously not, but even in the Prem we were flirting with relegation most seasons. We’re a big Championship club with potential.

Look at Leicester, won the Prem, was in Europa league and relegated in a short period of time.

Again, the riches of the Prem come from TV rights, not ticket sales. So extending the CBS, aside from costing a lot of money, isn’t worth the costs.

We don’t even utilise the space we’ve got so this topic really is a non-starter until we do.
Probably controversial but maybe it'd be worth investing in making the media/tv facilities more attractive to broadcasters. Probably would have better RoI and would have lower costs and therefore lower risk

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

'Sell outs' at the moment are what, about 24K home fans? Before anyone even considers expanding the ground they would look at the configuration, w

The aim isn't to be in the Championship
Same as all the other biggish midlands clubs. They don't need a 40k stadium in the premier. We're one of those. We're not as big as Forest or Leicester.

MalcSB

Probably controversial but maybe it'd be worth investing more in making the media/tv facilities to make it attractive to broadcasters. Probably would have better RoI and would have lower costs and therefore lower risk
The existing facilities don’t seem to have put off media/tv given the number of matches that have been moved to be televised.

Mucca Mad Boys

shmmeee

Let’s push our average attendances above 30,000 before we get delusions of grandeur. There’s a reason Villa, Forest, Wolves, WBA, Derby and Leicester haven’t extended.

That’s been literally impossible until recent changes to the away end. I’m not 100% it’s possible now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So what do you think will deter media when we are in the PL?
Just that we're less likely to get on the tv compared to the bigger clubs, in which case we've got to do what we can to convince them to come to our games rather than those of one of the other unfashionable, lower end teams

MalcSB

Just that we're less likely to get on the tv compared to the bigger clubs, in which case we've got to do what we can to convince them to come to our games rather than those of one of the other unfashionable, lower end teams
I’m not sure how facilities will encourage more tv coverage, for All I know ours may already compare favourably. Not being a lower end team would obviously help though.

Users who are viewing this thread