Scunthorpe (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

McSheff played a development squad game midweek so is likely to play his first match back after being out for a while. Be just our luck for him to have the best game he's had in years!

Gazolba

You obviously didn't go to Southend last week. I personally don't rate the guy, yes he runs around the pitch for 90 mins but that's it. C<snip>

If he can run for 90 minutes we need him because most of our players can only run for 45 minutes.

Otis

McSheff played a development squad game midweek so is likely to play his first match back after being out for a while. Be just our luck for him to have the best game he's had in years!
First game back so I think he'll be on the bench.

Can't see both Armstrong AND Murphy being out, so as long as one plays it should give us some sort of firepower.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You obviously didn't go to Southend last week. I personally don't rate the guy, yes he runs around the pitch for 90 mins but that's it. Creates problems as always out of position and gets in his own players way.

You're quite correct I didn't go to Southend, but you obviously haven't been to the other 27 games this season if you say something which is as completely as bollocks as that.

His hunger, work rate, battle, and vision is one of the best in the team. We need that tomorrow. He certainly creates more good than problems.

The issue we've had is ego's and laziness, O'Brien isn't either of those.

johnwillomagic

Hmm Tricky one I am going with the fact that Murphy, Armstrong and Martin will not make it.
Which makes things a lot harder cannot see TM changing formation either.

RCC
Ricketts RB
Stokes CB
Ramage CB
Hunt LB
Rose DCM
Vincelot DCM
Maddison ACM
JOB ACM
Lameiras ACM
Tudguy ST

Subs: Burge, Lorentzon, Haynes, Bigi, Cole, Fortune, G.Thomas

Cov to win 2-0......not sure why I'm confident if the players I think will be out actually are but sticking with this!

johnwillomagic

JOB was not great at Southend for sure but no-one was really - Cole kept going but wasn't his day and Madders
looked tidy when came on second half......apart from that struggling to say anything positive about that match just bad day at office. I think Murphy and Armstrong will not make tomorrow so woukd have job in personally tomorrow!

wingy

Got to say due to work didn't really pay much attention to that game last week but hearing the goals on the phone in tonight it sounded that despite our errors they had am element of luck the way it broke /bounced for them.
Or am I clutching at straws.
Let's give the guys who've proved they can through the early part of the the season the chance to prove they can do it again.

Jay88

Charles Cook

Lorentzon Ricketts Ramage Stokes

Vincelot Cole

O'Brien Maddison Murphy

Armstrong

Otis

Got to say due to work didn't really pay much attention to that game last week but hearing the goals on the phone in tonight it sounded that despite our errors they had am element of luck the way it broke /bounced for them.
Or am I clutching at straws.
Let's give the guys who've proved they can through the early part of the the season the chance to prove they can do it again.
That first goal. Ricketts had the ball in the right touchline and as he went to clear it, it was blocked and the ball fell nicely to a Southend player.

Otis

Charles Cook

Lorentzon Ricketts Ramage Stokes

Vincelot Cole

O'Brien Maddison Murphy

Armstrong
The thing that worries me today is Ramage and our playing the ball from the back philosophy.

TM has said himself that Ramage isn't the most comfortable with the ball at his feet and is a no nonsense type of defender. That obviously doesn't fit in with the notion of playing the ball out from the back and the back four passing the ball around. Reda and Turner and Martin were all reasonably comfortable on the ball.

If we are going to continue with that tactic, I just wonder if TM might consider playing a back four of Lorentzson, Ricketts, Stokes and Haynes/Hunt and leave Ramage on the bench.

He just isn't that comfortable on the ball and seems more happy with a long punted ball downfield.

Be interesting to see what he goes with, though I am expecting Ramage to play.

Not blaming the bloke here or singling him out, but he was brought in to help shore up the defence, has played two games and in those two games we've let in five goals. Something clearly not right at the back still.

Shame we couldn't get the CB TM wanted before this game today.

idm1975

That first goal. Ricketts had the ball in the right touchline and as he went to clear it, it was blocked and the ball fell nicely to a Southend player.
He did wait to be challenged before trying to clear it. Hopefully lorentson will be fit enough to get a start. Why are so many leaving fleck out the starting 11, is he injured?

Otis

He did wait to be challenged before trying to clear it. Hopefully lorentson will be fit enough to get a start. Why are so many leaving fleck out the starting 11, is he injured?
Suspended.

Yep, Ricketts did hesitate, the blocked ball could have to ended up anywhere though. Luckily for them it bounced to one of their players.

Nick

Administrator
Don't feel mega confident, think it is going to be scrappy today with a lucky goal either way. I hope I am wrong and we slaughter than and if McSheffrey plays he has a shocker.

stupot07

Don't feel mega confident, think it is going to be scrappy today with a lucky goal either way. I hope I am wrong and we slaughter than and if McSheffrey plays he has a shocker.

And madden always scores against us.

What do you think the attendance will be? Could be back down to 12-13k today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfcmad1

Scunny sold 350 so wont be much more than 500 of them think there will be around 12k city, 1-0 win Murphy with goal if he plays

theferret

Scunny sold 350 so wont be much more than 500 of them think there will be around 12k city, 1-0 win Murphy with goal if he plays

Only 8.5k sold so far so going to need a big walk-up. Hopefully will be, but fear this could be about the lowest gate of the season.

ccfcmad1

Only 8.5k sold so far so going to need a big walk-up. Hopefully will be, but fear this could be about the lowest gate of the season.

Be very disappointed if it's below 12k after the good recent gates but most important thing is the three points today.

Otis

Very cold today too. That could put many off.

I think it may just be over 11,000.

Otis

Is that a Michael Owen quote

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Probably.

Is it worth sharing my dream I wonder?

I do very occasionally have dreams that come true (once dreamt City would win 1-0 and it would be from a penalty and it did indeed happen that way, and once that we would be playing at Arsenal on the first day of the season, in bright sunshine and that it would end up 0-0 and that all happened as well. This dream was before the fixture list had even come out).

Of course it could all just be a coincidence, but anyway, my dreams do sometimes come true for me and it's hardly ever I dream about the City (probably one dream every 10 years or so). Other things that have come true have had nowt to do with the Sky Blues.

Anyway, I had a dream last night about today's game.

We are winning 1-0 and are well on top for the entire game, with Scunthorpe not getting much of a sniff on goal at all, but then suddenly in the last 15 minutes we get jittery and they go all out on the attack and start to threaten our goal.

Cross comes over from the left and one of their players hooks it into the goal. Game ends 1-1.

Just thought I'd share that. One saving grace for me is that I think there is a possibility that in my dream I am just remembering the Walsall equaliser. The dream all seemed so real, but this trait of throwing points away in this manner has happened before on a number of occasions as we all know.

As soon as we go 2-0 up I will relax, but if it IS 1-0 and we are dominating I might well start to panic after about 74 mins.

I'll be the one in Block 20 with my eyes closed and my fingers crossed.;)

Users who are viewing this thread