Scunthorpe (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just left ..very poor today , the formation from the off played a part matching scunny's 442 backfired and they had far too much space in midfield throughout .
No hassling , no closing down , just way below our standards so far this season .
Not going scunny again , been 3 times lost 3 times .

So it's your fault! Thanks a bunch!

rupert_bear

Lets be positive two away games three points had we drew both games two points and I think we would have been happy with that. Much fancied Sheffield United lose 3-1 at home, we know this is a division of strange results it's how we bounce back next week that counts, win our home games and get three points every two away games and we win promotion imo.

letsallsingtogether

Lets be positive two away games three points had we drew both games two points and I think we would have been happy with that. Much fancied Sheffield United lose 3-1 at home, we know this is a division of strange results it's how we bounce back next week that counts, win our home games and get three points every two away games and we win promotion imo.

Don't think anyone should be down with the way we are going.
Plenty of time left yet to kick as and win this league PUSB

covmark

Only one thing missing from this rubbish day, and that's Glen telling us how shit we are.

On we go to hopefully 3pts at home next game

Otis

Yep, turn our attentions to next week, iron out what went wrong.

We have to get Armstrong back into the position of him being a goal threat again. Hopefully if Kent can play in the role Maddison held, then Armstrong might once again find the space and time he needs.

skybluetony176

Sounds like we just never got out the blocks. Armstrong hardly got a mention on the radio. Did they contain us well or did just not turn up?

letsallsingtogether

Yep, turn our attentions to next week, iron out what went wrong.

We have to get Armstrong back into the position of him being a goal threat again. Hopefully if Kent can play in the role Maddison held, then Armstrong might once again find the space and time he needs.

But where do we go if he doesn't?

Maybe he has been found out by the defenders in this league.
He needs to score in the next game to get him back on track.

quinn1971

All the burge haters are quiet ? Are they getting ready on the flecks awful thread, flecks mistake cost us the game today burge's last week didn't..could have been a lot more if it wasn't for our keeper today...anyway ,I'm off to read the fleck should be dropped thread

stupot07

But where do we go if he doesn't?

Maybe he has been found out by the defenders in this league.
He needs to score in the next game to get him back on track.

Mowbray definitely needs to work out a plan B. T'is a slight concern.

I think a few underestimated how important Maddison is, hopefully Kent will fill the void and we get a plan B sorted. No need to panic just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

All the burge haters are quiet ? Are they getting ready on the flecks awful thread, flecks mistake cost us the game today burge's last week didn't..could have been a lot more if it wasn't for our keeper today...anyway ,I'm off to read the fleck should be dropped thread

I don't think there are any Burge haters on here.

Match thread did point to a couple of Burge mistakes, but hey, I wasn't there today, but I'm pretty damn sure there is no-one on here who hates Lee Burge.

quinn1971

I don't think there are any Burge haters on here.

Match thread did point to a couple of Burge mistakes, but hey, I wasn't there today, but I'm pretty damn sure there is no-one on here who hates Lee Burge.

youd be surprised.just trying to prove how daft they sound...dropped a couple of crosses last week in a game we still won and he's been getting slated..others players make mistakes and nothing's said...he's a decent keeper should get behind him

quinn1971

I think a few underestimated how important Maddison is, hopefully Kent will fill the void and we get a plan B sorted. No need to panic just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sounded like we missed obrien today too,

covcity4life

4th is not bad at all. Important to remmeber that.

But gutting non the less

Let's just hope we get back to carving out lots of chsnces vs chesterfield
In a way that mught be more important than actually winning the game

letsallsingtogether

Panic been supporting them for over 50 years always been positive.
so have most of us oldies just need to get that same feeling into the youngsters, who to be fair have had nothing but drab football in shit leagues.

pusb

SkyBlue_Bear83

Been out all day, assuming we went 442 if Tudgay and Armstrong started?

Mistake if so, should have stuck with the system which was doing well for us.

ccfc1234

League games this season:

Maddison plays/finishes
Played 3 Won 3 scored 9

Without Maddison (inc game when he went off injured after 4 mins)
Played 4 Won 1 Drew 1 Lost 2 Scored 5

Might want a bigger sample on that data analysis!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is a great post, but with Kent starting after a week training with the lads we will be fine.

Get back soon James!!

SkyBlueMatt

It's a poor result but we move on. A result against Chesterfield and we are all smiling again. I'm not going to say much as I wasn't at the game but it sounded like they were the better team for most of the game.

I'm gutied as I thought we would win but Sheffield Utd lost aswell, I think they'll be more pissed off. They'll be right up there at the end and we are still above them (game in hand but I'd rather have the points).

PUSB!!

torchomatic

youd be surprised.just trying to prove how daft they sound...dropped a couple of crosses last week in a game we still won and he's been getting slated..others players make mistakes and nothing's said...he's a decent keeper should get behind him
You do realise there's a difference between "hate" and "criticism"?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Asked if that was in his mind when he picked his team, Robins admitted: “Yes, and as far as they’re concerned we’re playing Coventry every game this season!

“The thing with the pair of them is that they are obviously emotional when they play against them. They are from the area and spent a lot of time at the club and I think they are grateful for what Coventry did for them.

“I think it’s reciprocated, especially with Sheffs because the supporters still love him for some reason, I don’t know why.

Scunthorpe United's Manager, Mark Robins is greeted by Coventry City's manager, Tony Mowbray, right
“But the pair of them have done themselves the power of good today and as long as they know we have to find a bit of trickery to make them believe that we’re playing Coventry again next week then hopefully we’ll keep getting those performances from them.

“They are good lads and hopefully we can have a good season with them because they were both really good today.

“We worked really hard with the players this week to understand Coventry’s movement because they have had a really good start to the season and Tony Mowbray has put a good young squad together.

“They are a well supported club and a really good football club and it’s good to see them on a good footing but it was more important that we got back to winning ways and I thought we had the majority of the game and deserved the victory.”

rupert_bear

Think we must all remember we are still very much a work in progress and perhaps we all got a bit carried away with last weeks victory and signing the young Liverpool starlet. But there was a big positive today Jeremy Corbyn smashed them, onwards and upwards

Tonylinc

Asked if that was in his mind when he picked his team, Robins admitted: “Yes, and as far as they’re concerned we’re playing Coventry every game this season!

“The thing with the pair of them is that they are obviously emotional when they play against them. They are from the area and spent a lot of time at the club and I think they are grateful for what Coventry did for them.

“I think it’s reciprocated, especially with Sheffs because the supporters still love him for some reason, I don’t know why.

Scunthorpe United's Manager, Mark Robins is greeted by Coventry City's manager, Tony Mowbray, right
“But the pair of them have done themselves the power of good today and as long as they know we have to find a bit of trickery to make them believe that we’re playing Coventry again next week then hopefully we’ll keep getting those performances from them.

“They are good lads and hopefully we can have a good season with them because they were both really good today.

“We worked really hard with the players this week to understand Coventry’s movement because they have had a really good start to the season and Tony Mowbray has put a good young squad together.

“They are a well supported club and a really good football club and it’s good to see them on a good footing but it was more important that we got back to winning ways and I thought we had the majority of the game and deserved the victory.”
Fair comments from Mark Robins.

Tonylinc

Think we must all remember we are still very much a work in progress and perhaps we all got a bit carried away with last weeks victory and signing the young Liverpool starlet. But there was a big positive today Jeremy Corbyn smashed them, onwards and upwards
At least we now have a REAL alternative!

rupert_bear

At least we now have a REAL alternative!
A bit off topic but I watched that election conference and those glum faces on those Blairites who have ruined my party, Jack Straw, Margret Becket and that Tristram Hunt, I mean how can you be Labour with a name like Tristram !!

fernandopartridge

A bit off topic but I watched that election conference and those glum faces on those Blairites who have ruined my party, Jack Straw, Margret Becket and that Tristram Hunt, I mean how can you be Labour with a name like Tristram !!

Indeed, here's hoping the likes of him are purged

rupert_bear

Only our Scunny result let me down today as today I re-joined the Labour Party £60 a year or £5 month come and join us Fernando

Users who are viewing this thread