SCG Minutes from 5th March meeting (1 Viewer)

lewys33

Seeing as Mr Reid and Mr Ward don't agree with the poll results from the trust I think we should have some run on here? I would set them up but I am on my phone.

2 polls run for a week and have them as sticky's - nick?

1 - Do you Want sisu out?
YES or NO

2 - who best represents your views as a fan?
SCG or TRUST or NEITHER

Someone feel free to set these up!

Nick

Administrator
Why can't they just have a scrap? I think most people are bored of polls and headlines that don't really mean anything aren't they?

Halftime, next home game, centre circle. Money goes to SBITC.

lewys33

Why can't they just have a scrap? I think most people are bored of polls and headlines that don't really mean anything aren't they?

Halftime, next home game, centre circle. Money goes to SBITC.

This as well.

NorthernWisdom

Seeing as Mr Reid and Mr Ward don't agree with the poll results from the trust I think we should have some run on here? I would set them up but I am on my phone.

Not even sure Mr. Reid disagrees does he?

Absolutely crazy not to accept a vast amount of fans would quite like SISU out.

Perfectly entitled to disagree with that, or think they're all nutters for thinking that way but... how on earth could anybody assume otherwise?!?

Has *anybody* overheard any conversation where people have been saying what a great job SISU have been doing and we're lucky to have them?!?

letsallsingtogether

Thing that gets me is if Sisu, Tim or the SCG disagree or are not happy with what the trust are saying then they should go out of their way and disprove it.

After all the Trust or anyone else can only pass on what they have been told.

With Sisu's history who would dare lie about them after all they would take your house, car and the shirt off your back an not even batter an eyelid (IMHO).

Personally I think the trust board should all resign and let the likes of Ward and Strange have it.

They could then have their own polls.

Do you love SISU
Do you Love Tim
Do you think our owners are doing a good job
Please answer yes to all the above any No's will not be counted.

Grendel

Thing that gets me is if Sisu, Tim or the SCG disagree or are not happy with what the trust are saying then they should go out of their way and disprove it.

After all the Trust or anyone else can only pass on what they have been told.

With Sisu's history who would dare lie about them after all they would take your house, car and the shirt off your back an not even batter an eyelid (IMHO).

Personally I think the trust board should all resign and let the likes of Ward and Strange have it.

They could then have their own polls.

Do you love SISU
Do you Love Tim
Do you think our owners are doing a good job
Please answer yes to all the above any No's will not be counted.

How about;

Do you think the trust proved unfit for purpose the day they courted a certain American who had no purchase ability or interest in buying the club?

letsallsingtogether

Perfectly entitled to disagree with that, or think they're all nutters for thinking that way but... how on earth could anybody assume otherwise?!?

Has *anybody* overheard any conversation where people have been saying what a great job SISU have been doing and we're lucky to have them?!?

Not overheard but have been part of a conversation at a City match were it was said. There are some out there who do actually believe it!!! not my place to name names though.

NorthernWisdom

and let the likes of Ward... have it.

tbf he's the only one I ever see being consistently a little... fundamentalist.

And tbh there's no problem with a pro-SISU view on that group, either. Surely the point's to reflect all views?

It's the challenge that those who differ in view shouldn't be there I find... odd!

Surely better for them to turn up, be welcomed, and then see how they're wrong...?

NorthernWisdom

Not overheard but have been part of a conversation at a City match were it was said. There are some out there who do actually believe it!!! not my place to name names though.

OK, so it was extreme to make a point ;) I'd love to know who the madman at Sixfields was who was keen to shake Tim Fisher's hand and tell him what a great job he was doing, too.

But let's be honest, most fans probably don't give a shit about the politics. SISU could be the best owners in the world, ever... but the fact our league position's slipped would have most people against them anyway, even if they were! Throw in a few other things ;) and you'd have to be crazy to pretend a load of people aren't exactly thrilled by their stewardship.

So I really don't think there's exactly thousands out there on a pro-SISU stance!

There's a big difference between being nervous of other parties' roles in this, and being an uber-SISU-mentalist!

letsallsingtogether

How about;

Do you think the trust proved unfit for purpose the day they courted a certain American who had no purchase ability or interest in buying the club?

Won't need to though will they as they have all the answers don't they????
Maybe you could join them after all you have all the contacts and seem to admire them, maybe you could get your employers to sponsor the City instead of the Wasps while your at it.

letsallsingtogether

OK, so it was extreme to make a point ;) I'd love to know who the madman at Sixfields was who was keen to shake Tim Fisher's hand and tell him what a great job he was doing, too.

But let's be honest, most fans probably don't give a shit about the politics. SISU could be the best owners in the world, ever... but the fact our league position's slipped would have most people against them anyway, even if they were! Throw in a few other things ;) and you'd have to be crazy to pretend a load of people aren't exactly thrilled by their stewardship.

So I really don't think there's exactly thousands out there on a pro-SISU stance!

There's a big difference between being nervous of other parties' roles in this, and being an uber-SISU-mentalist!

Grendel and Torch I believe were at the front of the queue.:whistle:

Grendel

Won't need to though will they as they have all the answers don't they????
Maybe you could join them after all you have all the contacts and seem to admire them, maybe you could get your employers to sponsor the City instead of the Wasps while your at it.

Why are you so childis and incapable of having a discussion?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

How about;

Got it now,so anybody who expresses an interest in buying the club and wishes to talk to the trust should be told to go away in no uncertain terms

dongonzalos

The Trust are wrong
The CET is wrong
GH is wrong
JE is wrong
All ex owners are wrong
The council are wrong
SISU were right to withhold rent
Take the judicial review
Appeal the judicial review
Shake on a new rent deal but not see it through
Push for a cheaper and cheaper deal for ACL.
Build a new stadium

Despite saying all the above don't you dare accuse me of been pro SISU.

letsallsingtogether

Why are you so childis and incapable of having a discussion?

Funny how you want a discussion on something that happened 2 years ago and that you feel will discredit the Trust but then change any thread with the same shit when you don't like what is being said and you call me childish....

Come on you are the one with the university education I am just a simple working class lad with basic secondary Schooling how would I ever be able to compete with your good self.

So the Trust courted a person who they believed could save the City Rightly or Wrongly.

At the time our owners had taken us out of our City to a shithole 40 miles away.
Our Owners had refused to talk to the trust as they would not back the move, (this by the way was a unanimous vote by their membership), you yourself said you would never go and it was your way of protesting.

However most of us stuck to our principles, due to our owners also refusing to talk to our local council we also lost the chance of buying the Ricoh but then again I suppose we can blame on the trust and the fans for that, for being so stubborn and not backing our owners in their time of need.

I have actually given up on all this protesting and will just wait and see what happens to our club? Of coarse I will keep going to watch them while we play in Coventry if we ever move away you can have them all to yourself.

PUSB

dongonzalos

Funny how you want a discussion on something that happened 2 years ago and that you feel will discredit the Trust but then change any thread with the same shit when you don't like what is being said and you call me childish....

Come on you are the one with the university education I am just a simple working class lad with basic secondary Schooling how would I ever be able to compete with your good self.

So the Trust courted a person who they believed could save the City Rightly or Wrongly.

At the time our owners had taken us out of our City to a shithole 40 miles away.
Our Owners had refused to talk to the trust as they would not back the move, (this by the way was a unanimous vote by their membership), you yourself said you would never go and it was your way of protesting.

However most of us stuck to our principles, due to our owners also refusing to talk to our local council we also lost the chance of buying the Ricoh but then again I suppose we can blame on the trust and the fans for that, for being so stubborn and not backing our owners in their time of need.

I have actually given up on all this protesting and will just wait and see what happens to our club? Of coarse I will keep going to watch them while we play in Coventry if we ever move away you can have them all to yourself.

PUSB

Ahem if you are getting the better of me in this debate then I will just repeatedly mention Andy Thorn.
In fact I will do that in every debate I am losing
Or the council
Or Haskell

It's quite funny

davebart

Quite frankly the chairman of the SCG is a disgrace. What sort of chairman goes public with the sort of stuff he is airing about a fellow committee member.

Answer: A piece of sh*t.

The same goes for the secretary for those minutes.

Nick

Administrator
Quite frankly the chairman of the SCG is a disgrace. What sort of chairman goes public with the sort of stuff he is airing about a fellow committee member.

Answer: A piece of sh*t.

The same goes for the secretary for those minutes.

Yep, I am the first to say I dont think the trust should run to the CET bitching or things like that so this is exactly the same. Pretty pointless really without any general point at all to it.

At the end of the day, I may think somebody on here chats absolute shit about things (ie Dongo, Lets all) but I wouldn't feel the need to run to the press slating them. I'd tell them I disagree (which means they are obviously wrong) and carry on with my day. If it was a conversation about something different like video games or DIY then it would be a different matter completely. It is the same if I go to the pub with my mates, we will disagree on some things and agree on others. It is life.

I don't need to run to their mums telling them what they said.

Just to clear something else up, I would have happily helped with a website / servers if it was for the JSB's or SBITC. For the SCG I am not too sure, there would have to be something to benefit ccfc / ccfc fans for me to spend time doing it. Ideally if the SCG / Club could arrange to take a a few OAP city fans from a home on a coach to a match and give them a free ticket, a pint and a comfy seat and make their day. I doubt they would, but it would have to be clear that there was nothing it for me at all and only other fans or the actual club.

olderskyblue

I'd get beind that.

If Mr. Fisher has the correspondence to prove it too, I'm sure he'd be happy to release it to LR also.

Me too. You would think an award winning journalist would like to prove a few things either right or wrong, you know, with actual proof of some sort. You would think this would be easy for him.

And if turned out TF was right, and RBC's response fell in some "grey" area of FOI... then so be it. At least it would put that one to bed.

skybluetony176

Perhaps you could quiz Mr Fisher for the contents of this CRBE letter he's shared with the SCG? In the interest of balance I'd bet he'd be chomping at the bit for you to publish the details of that letter. After all there can't be any commercial confidentiality if he's been reading it to fan groups and printing minutes on the clubs website confirming he's done this.

lewys33

I think it's more that anyone who agrees that they want sisu out is a moron and completely wrong in their opinion.

When we were sorting out the arsenal protest we had several comments. Some personal, some relating to the naughty council, some relating to sisu doing the right thing. So I have heard odd things but a very very small percentage of people would say they have done a great job.

letsallsingtogether

Yep, I am the first to say I dont think the trust should run to the CET bitching or things like that so this is exactly the same. Pretty pointless really without any general point at all to it.

At the end of the day, I may think somebody on here chats absolute shit about things (ie Dongo, Lets all) but I wouldn't feel the need to run to the press slating them. I'd tell them I disagree (which means they are obviously wrong) and carry on with my day. If it was a conversation about something different like video games or DIY then it would be a different matter completely. It is the same if I go to the pub with my mates, we will disagree on some things and agree on others. It is life.

I don't need to run to their mums telling them what they said.

Just to clear something else up, I would have happily helped with a website / servers if it was for the JSB's or SBITC. For the SCG I am not too sure, there would have to be something to benefit ccfc / ccfc fans for me to spend time doing it. Ideally if the SCG / Club could arrange to take a a few OAP city fans from a home on a coach to a match and give them a free ticket, a pint and a comfy seat and make their day. I doubt they would, but it would have to be clear that there was nothing it for me at all and only other fans or the actual club.

Only shit if we happen to agree with the trust or telegraph or challenge sisu funny that......

letsallsingtogether

Ian1779

Got it now,so anybody who expresses an interest in buying the club and wishes to talk to the trust should be told to go away in no uncertain terms

Anyone with an interest of buying the club should go to the owners direct and out of the media spotlight.

Unlike Dhinsa, Haskell, Hoffman etc who were more interested in personal publicity and self gain.

Captain Dart

Me too. You would think an award winning journalist would like to prove a few things either right or wrong, you know, with actual proof of some sort. You would think this would be easy for him.

And if turned out TF was right, and RBC's response fell in some "grey" area of FOI... then so be it. At least it would put that one to bed.

Interesting that 2 members of SCG (neither on Trust Board) have gone public stating that Peter Ward does not represent their views. This version of events on Coventry Support News totally undermines Reid/Ward claiming that Other SCG Members agree with Ward. http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...e_to_rally_behind_the_team_857850/index.shtml

Overall a poor effort from Les Reid, taking one person's views without asking the other side to respond or checking with all "others" before associating them with PW's version.

olderskyblue

No prizes for guessing what's going to dominate the next SCG meeting. It ain't going to be the club failing thats for sure.

Almost is if that was the plan eh? ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so the only point of contact (the SCG) the club will allow to the fans and it is all about what the Trust has done :thinking about:

Clearly it is important that the SCG (Mr Ward in particular) and the Trust sort out their differences because thats crucial for the future viability & direction of our club isn't it :facepalm:

TF must be more than happy not to be being challenged on anything important and that this sideshow spat is now centre stage instead.

It should not be about the egos of the SCG or Trust.

My advice to the Trust would be not to get involved in personalities or even with characters of little relevance to anything like Mr Ward and to concentrate on the issues. Challenge the so called "facts" stay well clear of any name calling

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I don't know why the trust don't boycott the SCG. Let's see what they find to talk about without the trust there to distract them.

Users who are viewing this thread