SBA vs Norwich (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Games not even over yet and it’s been mentioned on the match thread but I’m watching on TV and the support today sounds absolutely fantastic

Done the club proud

Just tuned in a while ago and yes - sounded fantastic. Fair play. We have a great following. Fans stick with the team, and it helps enormously, especially the younger players.

Brighton Sky Blue

Was strange second half, you’d think it was us 2-0 up and cruising. Norwich fans silent all around and leaving the ground.

A pity another pathetic on pitch performance

robbiekeane

Was strange second half, you’d think it was us 2-0 up and cruising. Norwich fans silent all around and leaving the ground.

A pity another pathetic on pitch performance
I don’t think it was as bad as you’re saying. They outclassed us yet which makes sense as they are a class above.

Very frustrating for me because the goals were completely avoidable and we should’ve put our chances away

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t think it was as bad as you’re saying. They outclassed us yet which makes sense as they are a class above.

Very frustrating for me because the goals were completely avoidable and we should’ve put our chances away

Well it was the players’ body language that bothered me more than the usual soft as fuck goals conceded.

pusbccfc

Yeah, it gets said a lot and it means nothing to the points on the table but what an effort again.

We've been through so much shite as a club, we've got a generation of fans who have had nothing to cheer about. Anyone under 30 has spent their lives following a club playing at different grounds, drifting around the lower leagues. It's incredible we still manage to maintain the support.

Whatever happens this year, keep it up. Can't control the performances but can always be loud and proud.

Evo1883

It's about time something magical happened for our fans , we've had so many years of shit and then when it finally got good we couldn't even watch them win a league in a stadium .

We need some real investment , from a new owner and a future to look forward to .

One day it has to be us that strikes lucky doesn't it ?

Brighton Sky Blue

It's about time something magical happened for our fans , we've had so many years of shit and then when it finally got good we couldn't even watch them win a league in a stadium .

We need some real investment , from a new owner and a future to look forward to .

Have thought it just seems like absolutely nothing goes our way on the pitch. Disallowed goal again, all the little rebounds and deflections falling for the opposition, hitting the bar twice on Wednesday etc.

Like a little kid today I was stood there thinking ‘it isn’t fair’

pusbccfc

Their drummer , his location and behaviour . One of the most bizarre things I've seen away from home for some time 😂

I'm not against a drum, I like ours but having it away from the fans, on scaffolding, with a huge pole blocking his view of the pitch and literally in front of the away fans was the most bizarre thing I've seen at a match for a good 10 years.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No

Ashdown

Not all doom and gloom recently, two big days out at Wembley, two promotions. The club has worked its way back up despite all the odds. Just need SISU to fuck off once and for all now and at least get owners who have an ounce of passion for the club.
I feel a lot more gloomier with the players and managers recent demeanour than anything else. I think they are all a little down at the moment . I think we have a few players feeling like they missed their big money move this transfer window and are a bit sulky ?! Just my opinion …..

Brighton Sky Blue

Not all doom and gloom recently, two big days out at Wembley, two promotions. The club has worked its way back up despite all the odds. Just need SISU to fuck off once and for all now and at least get owners who have an ounce of passion for the club.
I feel a lot more gloomier with the players and managers recent demeanour than anything else. I think they are all a little down at the moment . I think we have a few players feeling like they missed their big money move this transfer window and are a bit sulky ?! Just my opinion …..

They saw a valued team member being punted out to Blackburn on the cheap. Can imagine it turned a few heads

rob9872

Their drummer , his location and behaviour . One of the most bizarre things I've seen away from home for some time 😂
He annoyed me, but I felt so apathetic I couldn't even be arsed tocall l him a paedo with everyone else. In fact I had a right grump on and didn't want to join in with the self deprecating chants about being crap or bottom of the league. Think it was driving and not drinking that made me a miserable sod throughout! Also noticed the return of the sisu out chants that were missing when we were winning. The owners are going nowhere, so i hope it doesnt become regular as it never helps the team, we're better than that not like Man Utd with the Glazers.

steveo1987

He annoyed me, but I felt so apathetic I couldn't even be arsed tocall l him a paedo with everyone else. In fact I had a right grump on and didn't want to join in with the self deprecating chants about being crap or bottom of the league. Think it was driving and not drinking that made me a miserable sod throughout! Also noticed the return of the sisu out chants that were missing when we were winning. The owners are going nowhere, so i hope it doesnt become regular as it never helps the team, we're better than that not like Man Utd with the Glazers.
Absolutely, I was proper grumpy as the game unfolded , the drummer was really weird though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah I agree, somethings not right within the club. MR was sat down most of the second half in the dugout

First half especially, players would just treat losses of possession with a shrug. Have some professional pride at least

SkyBlueSoul

Turns out the drummer is new and the Norwich fans didn't realise it was their own drum 🤣
Just had to check and you're right, they're also wondering what the fuck that was 😂 I was wondering why no-one was really joining in and there wasn't any coordination between him and the fans but that explains it!

Finham

One Norwich fan from their forum is down in the dumps:
"That atmosphere is going to be flat for as long as people arent entirely sure what we are playing for. Remember how being top of the championship was incredibly exciting a few years ago? How many of us are that excited now?
We all half expect to be there or there abouts but lots won't be particularly thrilled by the idea of going up and getting thrashed week in week out."

Yeah it must be awful expecting to be top so you don't get excited about winning!

Brighton Sky Blue

One Norwich fan from their forum is down in the dumps:
"That atmosphere is going to be flat for as long as people arent entirely sure what we are playing for. Remember how being top of the championship was incredibly exciting a few years ago? How many of us are that excited now?
We all half expect to be there or there abouts but lots won't be particularly thrilled by the idea of going up and getting thrashed week in week out."

Yeah it must be awful expecting to be top so you don't get excited about winning!

The whole division would rather they just stay up so we don’t have this farce every other year

chiefdave

I kinda get their point. Knowing you're going up one year and then down the next in a constant cycle doesn't give you much to cheer about.

How do you get excited about promotion knowing you're going to get hammered every week and come straight back down?

I've thought the same when people talk about us returning to the Premier League like its the promised land. How much fun would it be trying to desperately avoid relegation. Not that we need to worry about promotion this season!

Finham

It would be a nice problem to have. Most teams would snap their hands off! Ultimately they must think they can build to a point where they survive a few years? I'd take it over a cycle of "midtable or relegation scrap", tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread