Sammy Clingan (1 Viewer)

Far as I know still without a club. Would anyone have him back on reduced terms? Surely be decent in league 1

mattylad

I think wages are the big stumbling block. He was linked with Brighton and Millwall but I doubt either club would pay him the reputed £8k a week he was on here plus he will want a fee for joining as a free. The worm is definately turning in football and the Bosman grave train may finally stop for all bar the elite players.

pusbccfc

No way, Kilbane and Thomas are far better.

skybluegod

based on last season no if you went by his potential then 50/50 depending on his wages no more than 4k as i don't like him but i know he can do the job in league 1

Grendel

Well that's just not true is it.

No he is better and would be a big player in this League but last season did under-achieve badly.

WillieStanley

Poor old Sammy Clingan. He's made some bad decisions in his career, hasn't he.

I'm not saying a transfer to Coventry was one, but going in the press when he signed for us and saying "I want to play in the Premier League and Coventry are my best bet" and then having to play at Norwich's promotion party. I'll never forget Cararies fans chanting "It could've been you"

J

Jack Griffin

He didn't make the bad decisions, Coventry & Norwich did.

Diehard Si

Don't look back. He was very good a few years ago ( people seem to have very short term memories as City fans or football fans in general ) but last season didn't deliver.

I think we need to move on from that team, and to be fair we've replaced a lot of them.

J

Jack Griffin

he made lots of bad decisions like lots of our so called senior pro's!!!!

I meant contractually, nice work if you can get it. As for his play he was mediocre at best.. no edge, naff all goals, culpable of giving the ball away in dangerous situations.

aodea

not that it would happen but i would take it back. he would be very good in this division. However he is worth nwhere near 8k a week.

oakey

I would have him back like a shot. However, he was scapegoated by our fans despite
1) being played out of position all year, he is not a holding midfielder. He is a right sided passer who moves the ball to others. He is not suited for the role he played as he is mobile but not a great tackler.
2) hated the diamond that Thorn adopted and found the lack of pace in the side nullified his passing ability. No width, no movement from others.
3) was forced to nursemaid kids, Bigi and Thomas, and deadweight Deegan. Played Ok a few times with Norwood.
Name me a midfielder, apart from Wise, who our fans have liked in the Championship years?
A thankless task playing midfield for Coventry.
All the shortcomings of the rest of the team get blamed on the midfield.

cloughie

Based on last season I'm not suprised he hasn't got a club at championship level

Would probably do okay in league 1

There you go Grendel I agreed with you

D

Deleted member 4232

Sounds like he was awful last year. As I only moved to the country late last year, I followed the city from sky sports, bar the two games k got to, he was injured, so I have nowt opinion on his performances. However, he is usually the last surviving player on my Cov Football Manager games...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I thought he was out injured at end of April with a long term injury. If so he will only just be back training and will need to prove fitness. Someone in the Championship will take him on.

Users who are viewing this thread