roy hodgson (1 Viewer)

turlykerd

the right man to take us forward ???

ive got to say he didnt use the substitutions well (in hindsight ) and stood by his loosing team and lost again..:facepalm:

for me, we need a new national manager

Grendel

the right man to take us forward ???

ive got to say he didnt use the substitutions well (in hindsight ) and stood by his loosing team and lost again..:facepalm:

for me, we need a new national manager

The squad is dire. He may as well stay and try and develop the young players. The squad is never top 16 in the world. The draw was very tough as well looking at some of the other groups.

Otis

Too cautious.

Just like Capello (Sven, McLarene etc.) and so many before him.

Something about England that just cries out let's be cautious and defend really deeply. It's almost like we set out not to lose half the time.

Astute

The squad is dire. He may as well stay and try and develop the young players. The squad is never top 16 in the world. The draw was very tough as well looking at some of the other groups.

I agree. We should have got an easy group like Spain :whistle:

Grendel

I agree. We should have got an easy group like Spain :whistle:

The group with Greece in we would have strolled through - the Russian group also.

Who would replace Hodgson given that redknap was the only option last time.

Astute

The group with Greece in we would have strolled through - the Russian group also.

Who would replace Hodgson given that redknap was the only option last time.

Redknapp. But like with Cloughie they won't choose a manager that isn't a yes man. we need a manager that will say it as it is and not just go with the flow. Redknapp isn't the best manager around. But he is the type to bring the prima donas back down to earth.

Grendel

Redknapp. But like with Cloughie they won't choose a manager that isn't a yes man. we need a manager that will say it as it is and not just go with the flow. Redknapp isn't the best manager around. But he is the type to bring the prima donas back down to earth.

Fucking Hell.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Too cautious.

Just like Capello (Sven, McLarene etc.) and so many before him.

Something about England that just cries out let's be cautious and defend really deeply. It's almost like we set out not to lose half the time.

Always like your posts but don't quite get this one.

We were losing at half time, so trying not to lose after half time sounds adventurous!

Grendel

Funny how Sven was always slagged off. Long for those Sveb days.

turlykerd

We only went for it for a short time in the game, and we looked great doing it... Baines flying up the left..Johnson down the right..bodies in the box ... Chances , pressure... Why didn't we do this all game...

I'll tell you why ....HODGSON.

We can't keep a manager because were not sure who could replace him .. The FA should get out there and see who's interested..

Grendel

Any one for Hoddle??:whistle::whistle:

Not for me. I guess I will get slated but I would have moved heaven and earth to get Wenger in for this World Cup.

Otis

Funny how Sven was always slagged off. Long for those Sveb days.

Ohh, Sven made my blood boil. Then we did have some very good players and he was far too cautious and as games wore on in tournaments we defended deeper and deeper and deeper and just tried to hang on.

The bloke drove me nuts.

L

limoncello

You really haven't got a clue.

turlykerd

Not for me. I guess I will get slated but I would have moved heaven and earth to get Wenger in for this World Cup.

Wenger may have been wonderful , Stuart Peirce also.... Maybe too soon for timmeh but I liked the way tottenham played for him and he handled it well for such a pressure position

Otis

Look at the squad Sven had in 2006!!

2Gary Neville18 February 1975 (aged 31)79 Manchester United
3DFAshley Cole20 December 1980 (aged 25)46 Arsenal
4MFSteven Gerrard30 May 1980 (aged 26)42 Liverpool
5DFRio Ferdinand7 November 1978 (aged 27)47 Manchester United
6DFJohn Terry7 December 1980 (aged 25)24 Chelsea
7MFDavid Beckham (c)2 May 1975 (aged 31)89 Real Madrid
8MFFrank Lampard20 June 1978 (aged 27)40 Chelsea
9FWWayne Rooney24 October 1985 (aged 20)29 Manchester United
10FWMichael Owen14 December 1979 (aged 26)77 Newcastle United
11MFJoe Cole8 November 1981 (aged 24)32 Chelsea
12DFSol Campbell18 September 1974 (aged 31)68 Arsenal
13GKDavid James1 August 1970 (aged 35) Manchester City

Yet we were ultra cautious and kept defending really deeply game after game. I grew to dislike Sven immensly.

Last edited:

Otis

I would be happy with Wenger. Or Jose.

We have had a losing mentality for far too long now going into games. Ultra cautious and usually playing with very little freedom.

L

limoncello

I would be happy with Wenger. Or Jose.

We have had a losing mentality for far too long now going into games. Ultra cautious and usually playing with very little freedom.

Jose is ultra cautious. He's probably the dictionary definition of boring negativity. Wenger would be shite. IMO.

Otis

Sven was decent. As was Hoddle.

Have to disagree on Sven. Thought he was dreadful, especially considering the players he had at his disposal. I remember wacthing England games at the 2002 and 2006 World Cups screaming at the TV for us to push forwards and stop defending so deeply and I clearly recall the commentators and pundits kept syaing the same thing that we were sitting back and defending far too deeply.

Thought he was a bad manager for England all things considered,

Otis

Jose is ultra cautious. He's probably the dictionary definition of boring negativity. Wenger would be shite. IMO.

Wenger would have us playing good attacking football and Jose is clearly a winner.

I know Sven's record was excellent before England but he was too soft with the players. Jose would take no shit from anyone and knock them into shape.

L

limoncello

Have to disagree on Sven. Thought he was dreadful, especially considering the players he had at his disposal. I remember wacthing England games at the 2002 and 2006 World Cups screaming at the TV for us to push forwards and stop defending so deeply and I clearly recall the commentators and pundits kept syaing the same thing that we were sitting back and defending far too deeply.

Thought he was a bad manager for England all things considered,

You're wrong. Stop listening to pundits, they're mostly idiots.

Otis

You're wrong. Stop listening to pundits, they're mostly idiots.

I'm not wrong though.

Find the tapes of the games, watch the matches and see how deep we defended trying to hang on for a result with the quality of the players we had.

Otis

And I also have to add, I'm not wrong just because you say I'm wrong, limoncello.

Fine if you think Sven was a good manager for us. I thought he was awful. And that is based on the supposed golden age of players he had at his disposal (Beckham, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Owen etc.)

Otis

Pointless going backwards anyway.

I just witnessed yet another cautious performance from an England team and this has been going on for an age and a day.

Users who are viewing this thread