Rotherham United fan here in peace (1 Viewer)

BradtheMiller

I feel desperately sorry for all Sky Blues fans having to stand by & watch their beloved football club seemingly die before their eyes.
There are similarities (though not as dire)to 2008 when our former Owner & Chairman priced us out of our traditional home (Millmoor) & forced us into playing in Sheffield (Don Valley Stadium)for four years until our current Chairman had the New York Stadium built.
We suffered relegation, a total of 37 points deductions for being in Admin twice, Transfer Embargos, possible liquidation, but at least we now have an owner that cares about the Club & it's fans, unlike City it seems.
I am an avid Millers fan but I know that I would not make a 60 mile round trip for home games, Don Valley was bad enough, so i'd just like to show support for you guys & what you're going through ATM.

Joy Division

Thanks for the support. The NYS looks impressive, how are you finding it there?

BradtheMiller

TBH its superb, not big (12k) but there's room for expansion if we keep climbing the divisions. I'd love to see loads of Sky Blues fans make the trip up on New Years Day

Delboycov

Thanks for that...much appreciated and reinforces the only positive thing to come out of this. That football really is for the most part a 'family'. Maybe some wise words there to be heeded by the small minority who think this will be the best thing that's happened to us....and as you say your situation wasn't as dire.

Sky Blue Pete

I feel desperately sorry for all Sky Blues fans having to stand by & watch their beloved football club seemingly die before their eyes.
There are similarities (though not as dire)to 2008 when our former Owner & Chairman priced us out of our traditional home (Millmoor) & forced us into playing in Sheffield (Don Valley Stadium)for four years until our current Chairman had the New York Stadium built.
We suffered relegation, a total of 37 points deductions for being in Admin twice, Transfer Embargos, possible liquidation, but at least we now have an owner that cares about the Club & it's fans, unlike City it seems.
I am an avid Millers fan but I know that I would not make a 60 mile round trip for home games, Don Valley was bad enough, so i'd just like to show support for you guys & what you're going through ATM.

Thank you brother

pusbccfc

What's not to like? Bang in the town centre next to the train station, no bad or restricted views, average gate gone up from 3300 at Don Valley to 7900 last season.

Wish we had built ours in the city centre!

Users who are viewing this thread