Rose going to a Premier League Club (1 Viewer)

Grendel

As exclusively revealed by Nick last night

PVA

Rose distribution was beyond bizarre last night , really frustrating

Which is odd as in the promotion season he was the best passer of the three..

He still hits some excellent passes between the lines into midfield that the others aren't capable of, but seems to make at least one suicide pass per game. Last night was particularly bad.

stupot07

Rose was terrible last night, but there's a good player in there. He has missed a lot of football over the last 2 years, and even this season hasn't had a run of 10-15 games. In fact even since McFadzean has been injured he hasn't played in 1 position, 1 week he is left centre back, then he's right centre back, then he's centre centre back. Vs Blackpool was on the right with Hyam in the centre and last night in the centre with hyam back on the right.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Harsh to judge someone’s ability on the few games post covid TBH. He played some shocking balls out but no less than Hyam. Like Bidwell at LCB, I’d be looking for two others to join him in the summer and get a LWB in.

Frostie

Rose was terrible last night, but there's a good player in there. He has missed a lot of football over the last 2 years, and even this season hasn't had a run of 10-15 games. In fact even since McFadzean has been injured he hasn't played in 1 position, 1 week he is left centre back, then he's right centre back, then he's centre centre back. Vs Blackpool was on the right with Hyam in the centre and last night in the centre with hyam back on the right.

Think he & Hyam were switched last night as we know Davis likes to drift over to the left. Didn't work though as he absolutely bullied Hyam.

In terms of technical ability Rose might be our best CB, in terms of his actual performances though he's certainly not.

larry_david

I think this is the issue as well. I know injuries scupper consistency of position but why keep swapping them round, doesn't help anyone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Harsh to judge someone’s ability on the few games post covid TBH. He played some shocking balls out but no less than Hyam. Like Bidwell at LCB, I’d be looking for two others to join him in the summer and get a LWB in.

I´m not sure I quite buy this post covid line to be honest. I know you think it is a thing within the squad, maybe you are right, but surely if it was affecting players, they would say or wouldn´t be playing as much? Maybe some of the in the know´s can confirm.

Sky Blue Pete

Which is odd as in the promotion season he was the best passer of the three..

He still hits some excellent passes between the lines into midfield that the others aren't capable of, but seems to make at least one suicide pass per game. Last night was particularly bad.
I think he’s our best passer at the back but is just not strong enough. Hyam has limitations but he improves month after month for me

Jamesimus

In terms of technical ability Rose might be our best CB, in terms of his actual performances though he's certainly not.

I think this sums up Rose perfectly for me. I've always kind of felt like he has the potential to be our best CB. But I also feel like he is our worst CB and will never be our best centre back.

shmmeee

I´m not sure I quite buy this post covid line to be honest. I know you think it is a thing within the squad, maybe you are right, but surely if it was affecting players, they would say or wouldn´t be playing as much? Maybe some of the in the know´s can confirm.

it’s just what I’ve notice and anyone who has had it recently will back up it sticks around with mild effects for a while. We’re playing anyone who is half fit at the moment, are you saying we wouldn’t have hooked Rose last night if we had a CB on the bench?

Hertsccfc

it’s just what I’ve notice and anyone who has had it recently will back up it sticks around with mild effects for a while. We’re playing anyone who is half fit at the moment, are you saying we wouldn’t have hooked Rose last night if we had a CB on the bench?
I agree. I seems that a number of players have struggled for weeks after returning from covid. In our case with such a small squad we have probably had to play them too soon.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We don't have any other players.

Not having other players is a factor definitely, but as we have been underperforming results wise recently, surely the manager would come out and say that if it was a genuine problem? One or two fans were saying a few weeks ago that we must have a covid outbreak because of so many players missing - and it turned out not to be the case.

There might be truth in it affecting some players, I don´t know. But we haven´t got any evidence of it so far, and I am averse to giving an easy excuse if players just simply aren´t performing.

Hertsccfc

Not having other players is a factor definitely, but as we have been underperforming results wise recently, surely the manager would come out and say that if it was a genuine problem? One or two fans were saying a few weeks ago that we must have a covid outbreak because of so many players missing - and it turned out not to be the case.

There might be truth in it affecting some players, I don´t know. But we haven´t got any evidence of it so far, and I am averse to giving an easy excuse if players just simply aren´t performing.
The point is that most of the time as fans we don't have a clue how fit players are at any given time, and some selection decisions may seem strange to us but would be perfectly reasonable if we knew the full picture. I think there has been clear evidence that some players reportedly returning from covid have struggled initially when returning. And that us not just for us.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The point is that most of the time as fans we don't have a clue how fit players are at any given time, and some selection decisions may seem strange to us but would be perfectly reasonable if we knew the full picture. I think there has been clear evidence that some players reportedly returning from covid have struggled initially when returning. And that us not just for us.

What clear evidence?

I agree that we don´t really know the fitness levels of players, but it just feels like a convenient excuse unless it is actually come out and said that a player is suffering. If they were that bad then they wouldn´t be able to play at professional level either, surely?

better days

Some lads have really struggled with it
Most clubs won't identify those badly affected
See article below about a couple of Newcastle players earlier in the pandemic
Maybe the current strain isn't as bad as back in 2020 but individuals may still get serious complications

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce shocked by effect of Covid on players

• Two first-team players could be out for several more weeks
  • ‘It’s frightening when you think they’re young, fit athletes’

Newcastle will not name those individuals affected by Covid on grounds of medical confidentiality.

Louise Taylor
Fri 18 Dec 2020 17.00 GMT

Steve Bruce said two Newcastle United first-team players remain seriously unwell with Covid-19 and could be out for several more weeks, if not months.
Whereas the majority of Bruce’s squad have recovered from the team’s recent coronavirus outbreak, Newcastle’s manager said “four or five” were still sidelined by the virus. “For a couple of them it’s had a damaging effect,” he added. “It won’t be a week or two [that they’re out], it will be longer than that.

“It’s not just fatigue, they’ve got other symptoms too. It washed over most of them but some are finding it a struggle. My thoughts are with the two players [worst affected] and their welfare.”

Bruce has been shocked to see such super-fit footballers floored by Covid. “It’s frightening when you think they’re young, fit and supreme athletes,” he said. “If anybody needs reminding of how serious this is, then we have witnessed it. Some of them seem all right but then the fatigue element hits them, but for two it’s beyond that. They’re still going to take weeks to get back; you wouldn’t think that this long Covid thing is possible in fit, young athletes.”
Newcastle will not name those individuals afflicted on grounds of medical confidentiality but Bruce has seen his squad experience a wide range of symptoms and degree of illness. “We’ve had the full set,” he said. “We’ve had vomiting, sores, mouth ulcers, no smell, no taste. The fatigue element is a big problem. For the vast majority who had it, fatigue is the one thing the virus leaves. They go for a walk for half an hour and then want to go back to bed. It’s as brutal as that. It’s been a really difficult couple of weeks. It’s extremely difficult to manage.”

Users who are viewing this thread