Rory Donnelly to sign on loan from Swansea (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Another loan - need SP to explain why he has changed his mind. He won't but I assume it is down to being told he can't sign any permanent signings until the outcome of the JR?

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry don't get me wrong - these players will make a big difference to the rest of the season - SP has a chance of top 10 with these players - i think the play offs are too far away

torchomatic

Maybe he can't get what he wants on a permanent deal. Three loans doesn't mean that the Club are conspiring against him.

Another loan - need SP to explain why he has changed his mind. He won't but I assume it is down to being told he can't sign any permanent signings until the outcome of the JR?

ccfclinney

Few comments from laudrup in September ...
"Rory is a talent, a real talent," Laudrup said. "He has quality, but striker is a very difficult position to play.

"The player needs to be prepared, or everybody needs to feel he is prepared, and Rory is somewhere in between at the moment.

"On the one hand I would like him to go out on loan and play regularly in the Championship, because I think he is at the level to go there right now and do well.

"We all saw that he did well in pre-season and we saw that he can offer something. Maybe he needs some experience and then to come back, but I definitely think he has a future in the Premier League."

Read more: http://www.legacythisissouthwales.c...tory-19837101-detail/story.html#ixzz2rvKnqHtc

SkyBlue_Bear83

Players have seen how we have reinvigorated the careers of Mcgoldrick and Clarke and see this as an opportunity to make a name for themselves

@richh87

I'm really excited by these signings. I see one more striker coming - one with experience, as we were after Jon Stead. If we're to have any chance of achieving anything we need to start winning every week. Hope these guys hit the ground running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Guys... This is a quite remarkable signing. So many top Premiership clubs were after him till he picked Swansea. Laudrup has high hoped for this guy.

Well done Wags and Elvis.

JulianDarbyFTW

I've checked him out on the Swansea website and I don't like the look of him.

Mind you, that's purely based on the fact that he's wearing earrings.

mark82

Doesn't seem to have played first team football for 2 years either. That would be my main concern. We will need to give him time to become match fit.

Covstar

This is a great signing. My mate who supports the swans said he has bags of talent and could potentially light up the league.
Delfounso and Donnelly to start next game instead of a 22 year old fullback and a 16 year old striker. Wilson will be back end of next month so things are looking good in the striking department once again (Would never have dreamt to say this yesterday). Just need a winger and a central defender now. Keep it up SP!

mark82

This is a great signing. My mate who supports the swans said he has bags of talent and could potentially light up the league.
Delfounso and Donnelly to start next game instead of a 22 year old fullback and a 16 year old striker. Wilson will be back end of next month so things are looking good in the striking department once again (Would never have dreamt to say this yesterday). Just need a winger and a central defender now. Keep it up SP!

Got a winger didn't we? McGeouch

Hobo

If Donnelly does sign, the three in, look potentially good additions.....Clarke may not be such a loss after all?

Loan players vs signed players. Well it could be that Pressleys targets havent come off for whatever reason or he may feel he has just ran out of time to complete deals. He has at least got in before everyones focus switches to the loan market after Fridays deadline.

At our level its a mix of developing youth, picking up released players and utilising loans. Players coming in on fees in League 1 is rare.

You can never be sure any signing will come off. But if no others leave the squad looks stronger and our season may not quite be over yet!

A postponement on Saturday might be to our advantage, bring on Notts County!

woody11462

I'm a little more optimistic now if this does come off. I know they are only loans but as mentioned his targets may not have become available. Or he may even be looking at either of these in the summer on something more permenant. Although I wasn't too excited re the Stead link, I can see why he might consider him as he is similar to Clarke in height,etc and might be useful in link up play. Delfuenseo I believe is more about pace, although he is quite tall too. And Donelly is about the 6' mark too I think so it looks promising. I've not checked the dates of the loan expir but be interesting to see if they would include any possible play off dates.

JWC

Some speculation on twitter (well, one Celtic fan) that he's pulled out of our loan move in favour of a move to Celtic.

Don't shoot the messenger...

Users who are viewing this thread