StevieM

Going for a curve ball

RCC
JOB Ricketts Martin Stokes
Morris Vincelot
Armstrong Cole Lameiras
Fortune

S: Burge, Philips, Harries, C Thomas, Murphy, Kent, Tudgay

Yep, I'm with shmmeee with this one, O'Brien played at rightback for Barnsley.
Good tackler and will go forward naturally.
Adds more experience to the back four, keep Phillips on the bench for when JOB goes off after 70 mins.
Wouldn't play Lameiras ahead of Kent or Murphy but I would be giving the latter a good boot up the arse and tell him to get more involved and demand the ball more often than he does.
I'd take an ugly 1-0. PUSB

covcity4life

Errr.....nope....but thanks for playing.:p

but he did score an amazing winner which was wrongfully called offside. so that would have been a 2-1 win. im just saying stats can be deceiving. if we had enough to win earlier this season we have enough now.

although i assume rochdale rested some players for that game too

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

It's pretty much pay on the gate only. No tickets have been sent down here. Rochdale have sold some but I believe as of Friday it was a total of 6! We're leaving Cov at half 5 (2.15 to do a 2.24 journey). Not doing anything else so we might as well give it a go!

Thanks CJ_covblaze. I have a meeting in Manchester at 5.30pm which won't go on longer than an hour so am tempted.

jimmyhillsfanclub

but he did score an amazing winner which was wrongfully called offside. so that would have been a 2-1 win. im just saying stats can be deceiving. if we had enough to win earlier this season we have enough now.

although i assume rochdale rested some players for that game too

Ahh OK...I see what you did there.....

....now.:facepalm:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Would happily take a draw tomorrow and beat Swindon on Saturday!

2 points minimum should be taken in the next two games IMO

Londonccfcfan

2-2. Will miss Fleck and Reda. Fleck's probably our player of the season so far.

Re: Fleck being player of the season...Great thing about this season is we can probably say this about a number of players who have been outstanding and consistent ie Ricketts, Reda, vincelott cant remember any of these guys having a bad game? Super consisant..probably Ricketts shades it for me..hes been super consistant..and his versatility is different class starting at Centre back and then deployed at Right back and now for Rochdale shifting back to Centreback.

Londonccfcfan

Im not convinced with Aaron Phillips tomorrow night.

Rochdale will hoof it long..by pass midfield , throw lots of crosses in..a bit like Bury game away.

We will miss Reda badly for this reason alone id keep Rickets at Right back..and I would play Harries ( Very talented CB love to see him get a go) at Centre back and give him a go...I think we need a tall back four to defend set pieces tomorrow. Just my opinion.

Also Ricketts is much better offensively than Philips.

Morris in for fleck.

I would also Play Tudgay and Fortune up front..with Armstrong on the left and JOB on the right...

then bring on Cole as super sub in place of either Tudgay or Fortune

and then Kent and/or Murphy for Armstrong for extra pace when Rochdale tire! ..lol easy game.

Good times, we still have options. But we must defend properly tomorrow.

2-0 to cov!

krambo

Should beat Rochdale.OK,we only drew with them on Saturday but had 4 regulars missing and but for a good goalkeeping display by their keeper would have won comfortably.Still,we never lost any ground as all the others (bar Gillingham) slipped up also.

Gazolba

i do look forward to the day we unleash murphy and kent as 2nd half subs though, its kind of like torture for the opponents lol

TM usually makes his substitutions around 75 minutes, which gives them about 15 minutes to make an impact. If players are good enough to 'torture' our opponents, they should be on from the start unless they are unfit.

For what it's worth, a Rochdale supporter told me they've been awful lately. Even without Reda, we're as strong if not stronger tonight than we were in the League Cup game, and we had them on the rack at times in the second half.

fernandopartridge

For what it's worth, a Rochdale supporter told me they've been awful lately. Even without Reda, we're as strong if not stronger tonight than we were in the League Cup game, and we had them on the rack at times in the second half.
Indeed, perfectly good goal disallowed as well. Be good to see Cole play tonight, hoping for him to have a Dennis Wise like influence.

torchomatic

The Lurker

Who else is excited about tonight? Were leaving at 12 now. Few drinks in Manchester then off to Rochdale. I'm hoping cole starts give the team a buzz

covcity4life

i ame xcited and nervous

its such a shame we are not adding cole to what we have, instead we had to lose reda too

excited to see how cole fits in, nervouse to see defence without reda

1-1 draw

Johnnythespider

Going for a curve ball

RCC
JOB Ricketts Martin Stokes
Morris Vincelot
Armstrong Cole Lameiras
Fortune

S: Burge, Philips, Harries, C Thomas, Murphy, Kent, Tudgay
I wouldn't mind seeing JOB start at right back. Think we're good enough for a win tonight. 2-0 both goals from Armstrong.

Last edited:

Silsden

Rochdale were a decent side when we played them in the cup, I'm going 2-1 City, Lameires (to make up for his penalty) and Armstrong with the goals

skybluelee

It's my perception that we rarely win away from home in midweek so on that basis, and the fact that we're without Reda and Fleck, I'd take a draw, followed by 3 points against a struggling Swindon.

Kingokings204

Really not sure tonight. One side of me thinks we won't turn up and lose 3-0 and another part of me thinks Joe Cole runs show and we win 3-0.

So with that in mind I go 1-1.

lifeskyblue

I'm hoping we come away with a point. Yes Cole hopefully will be a plus but is he really match fit? Reda and fleck will be huge losses so I am not really expecting much. So for me it's fingers crossed and a few prayers to the fickle gods of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Delighted with a point ..our record here is appalling ,we did get the 1-1 in the cup until knocked out on pens ..but this will be a really tough ask ..so im going 1-1 at best

James Smith

Indeed, perfectly good goal disallowed as well. Be good to see Cole play tonight, hoping for him to have a Dennis Wise like influence.

Wise was a good player for us and not just because he intimidated some of the opposition. ;)

James Smith

Currently looking for a birthday present for someone at short notice and hoping to get home before kick off. Will be interesting to see if Cole is playing and if he fits in well. PUSB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread