Robert Jarni signed on this day in 1998 (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

On this day 1998 @Coventry_City signed the man of mystery Robert Jarni for £2.6m without playing he was sold 2 weeks later for more than £3m -
DGnFsS0XgAAAcuI.jpg

CJ_covblaze

I like it. Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia.

Captain Dart

Or you could do a "Nostalgia thread" roll down like the Match thread so it is easier to avoid.

Liquid Gold

Passing the CCFC twitter page as your own threads for likes then blocking everyone in it. It's the Latchford way.

Brylowes

What's wrong with it, it's always
About City and often brings back
Fond memories, sometimes not.

Probably more about the poster
Than the subject of the posts.
Grendel first to voice his displeasure, others soon join in.
Keep it up Bob.

Bob Latchford

Keep it up Bob.
Nailed it Brylowes ! nailed it fella !!

Nick

Administrator

Keep it up Bob.

The subject of what posts? Newsbot can type "spot on", "i agree" over and over again selectively ;)

Liquid Gold

What is it none of you like?
Genuinely?
Looks like 'folllowing' from where I'm sat.
I see it on the club Facebook and twitter already. It's just a copy and paste job that I don't need for the 3rd time. Like Nick said, he can set up a bot to do it.

Nick

Administrator
Genuinely?

Nothing to do with following.

It's more just copy and pasting from the Twitter or asking questions with no actual interest in what people say and living in a world where everybody just says "i agree" over and over again.

If he discussed the points / threads and had input into them rather than being like a robot I wouldn't have an issue.

Brylowes

It's more just copy and pasting from the Twitter or asking questions with no actual interest in what people say and living in a world where everybody just says "i agree" over and over again.

If he discussed the points / threads and had input into them rather than being like a robot I wouldn't have an issue.
But I'm not on twitter/Facebook etc
So I see it here 1st hand, doesn't
Bother me if it comes from Bobs
Fare hand or a robot, it's the content
I'm interested in, if you aren't then
Don't read it 'simple.
30 odd threads on show at any one
Time and most of them are not as
Interesting as these ones.
Keep it up Bob.

Bob Latchford

30 odd threads on show at any one
Time and most of them are not as
Interesting as these ones................................. Once again you've nailed it Brylows !

NorthernWisdom

Genuinely?

Wingy man, you've got an opinion and you're prepared to tell people if you disagree, you're also prepared for people to disagree with you.

What you don't do is waste your time syphoning out the pages when you could just embed the tweet too, and actually give credit where it's due.

Nor do you spend half you time just saying yeah, or no, spot on, top work etc, and ignoring anyone who says no. Ignore's not a bad thing, but it makes threads totally pointless when you're posting them safe in the knowledge you won't see 75% of the replies anyway. Who are you actually posting them for if not this message bopard, and not to get a response... positive *or* negative? That ain't a discussion board, that's a mindless repetition.

Nick

Administrator
Wingy man, you've got an opinion and you're prepared to tell people if you disagree, you're also prepared for people to disagree with you.

What you don't do is waste your time syphoning out the pages when you could just embed the tweet too, and actually give credit where it's due.

Nor do you spend half you time just saying yeah, or no, spot on, top work etc, and ignoring anyone who says no. Ignore's not a bad thing, but it makes threads totally pointless when you're posting them safe in the knowledge you won't see 75% of the replies anyway. Who are you actually posting them for if not this message bopard, and not to get a response... positive *or* negative? That ain't a discussion board, that's a mindless repetition.

Nailed it.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

Spot on mate, you nailed it there. Top work.

Brylowes

Spot on mate, you nailed it there. Top work.
I don't know anything about ignore ?
I just like the threads he starts on
Here, I find them interesting and
Sometimes informative about the
History of the club I support.

Obviously there are people on here that Find this sort of behaviour
Offensive......very strange.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know anything about ignore ?
I just like the threads he starts on
Here, I find them interesting and
Sometimes informative about the
History of the club I support.

Obviously there are people on here that Find this sort of behaviour
Offensive......very strange.

Nobody is finding it offensive, just very weird. The same as your poems ;)

:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Captain Dart

#ROBERT JARNI DAY, next year is the 20th anniversary can we get Robert to the Ricoh the miserable so and so?
2043648_w2.jpg

torchomatic

I like it. Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia.

I'm old but it gets too.much even for me. Get him to stick it on a nostalgia sub forum or something.

Nick

Administrator
You do a bit ;)

But you're also prepared to agree and disagree and, hell, take part in discussions on a discussion board. Sometimes, you even agree with me ;)

Exactly about the actual discussion / debate. Rather than fingers in ears until somebody agrees and then go OTT with the "nailed it" and then fingers back in ears.

Users who are viewing this thread