Robben as bad as Suarez (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

As we all know chewy Luis is a biter but the flying Dutchman Robben is a diving cheat and has even admitted he likes a dive.Like Suarez he has talent and skill,but this doesn't stop him from diving and conning referees.
In my eyes he should be banned as he's a serial con man,and he should never be given a penalty but a straight red card instead.

Otis

Wrong and bringing the game into disrepute, but as bad as Suarez biting someone on a football pitch? I think not.

Otis

I know people have said how good this world cup is, but at the same time it is frustrating the hell out of me!

I hate diving and shirt pulling and cheating and it all drives me crazy.

I think at least twice in this world cup I have seen attackers break free of a defender ready to bear down on goal only to find they are deliberately hacked down, tripped up, or pulled back by their shirt. That for me should be a straight red card. Just don't see how that offence could anywhere be on par with a mistimed tackle where someone is genuinely going for the ball.

I've seen mistimed tackles where there has been no intent result in a red card and yet if any player pulls a player back by his shirt he gets a yellow, unless there is a genuine goal scoring opportunity. Twice I have seen players pulled back they have just been inside the opposition's half and that couldn't be considered a goal scoring opportunity. It's still cynical though and it still ruins the game.

Corners now too have become a total joke. You now have at least 6 or 7 players every corner kick either shirt pulling or holding or grabbing at each other. It has become a farce.

Time wasting too. Hate it and as for diving? It really needs sorting out as players are going down at the merest contact.

The most annoying thing is this would all be quite easy to stamp down on. I hate how cynical the game has become at times and it has tarnished my enjoyment of the competition.

bringbackrattles

I know people have said how good this world cup is, but at the same time it is frustrating the hell out of me!

I hate diving and shirt pulling and cheating and it all drives me crazy.

I think at least twice in this world cup I have seen attackers break free of a defender ready to bear down on goal only to find they are deliberately hacked down, tripped up, or pulled back by their shirt. That for me should be a straight red card. Just don't see how that offence could anywhere be on par with a mistimed tackle where someone is genuinely going for the ball.

I've seen mistimed tackles where there has been no intent result in a red card and yet if any player pulls a player back by his shirt he gets a yellow, unless there is a genuine goal scoring opportunity. Twice I have seen players pulled back they have just been inside the opposition's half and that couldn't be considered a goal scoring opportunity. It's still cynical though and it still ruins the game.

Corners now too have become a total joke. You now have at least 6 or 7 players every corner kick either shirt pulling or holding or grabbing at each other. It has become a farce.

Time wasting too. Hate it and as for diving? It really needs sorting out as players are going down at the merest contact.

The most annoying thing is this would all be quite easy to stamp down on. I hate how cynical the game has become at times and it has tarnished my enjoyment of the competition.
Totally agree Otis. Watching Robben the other night got me irate and if I was still playing I would have taken a red card as I would have given him a slap.
He gets me so mad with his diving as if he has been poleaxed,we can see he is cheating so why not the refs ?
I guess I'm from an era of football which was hard but on the whole fair,crunching tackles etc and tough players.
Yet watching some games now it embarrasses me as it has at times become so soft and niggly with cheating and play acting.I recall watching George Best getting clattered left right and centre in a match,but he hardly complained,and he was blessed with so much talent !

Otis

The 2 wars aside, this is why I also dislike the Germans.

Thomas Muller should have recieved a post match ban for his outrageously over top play acting 'I've been hurt routine' when he got Pepe sent off.

I hate to see that sort of stuff and unfortunately the Germans are one of the worst for it, especially feigning injury, diving and surrounding the referee to get opposing players sent off.

I can love and hate football in equal measure sometimes.

bringbackrattles

The 2 wars aside, this is why I also dislike the Germans.

Thomas Muller should have recieved a post match ban for his outrageously over top play acting 'I've been hurt routine' when he got Pepe sent off.

I hate to see that sort of stuff and unfortunately the Germans are one of the worst for it, especially feigning injury, diving and surrounding the referee to get opposing players sent off.

I can love and hate football in equal measure sometimes.
A friend of mine who used to watch the City and liked his football packed it all in years ago,saying he no longer enjoyed it as it wasn't like the game he used to enjoy.
Now I can see what he meant as it is full of cheating,feigning injuries,niggly incidents,and obscene amounts of cash etc.
Football is a simple game or should be and it can excite us fans when played properly,but I would have a hard job on my hands I reckon getting my friend coming back to the "beautiful game" now as he would barely make it through to half-time. By the way he goes to the Ice Hockey and to the Butts,so he knows all about sports that get stuck in !

Otis

A friend of mine who used to watch the City and liked his football packed it all in years ago,saying he no longer enjoyed it as it wasn't like the game he used to enjoy.
Now I can see what he meant as it is full of cheating,feigning injuries,niggly incidents,and obscene amounts of cash etc.
Football is a simple game or should be and it can excite us fans when played properly,but I would have a hard job on my hands I reckon getting my friend coming back to the "beautiful game" now as he would barely make it through to half-time. By the way he goes to the Ice Hockey and to the Butts,so he knows all about sports that get stuck in !

This is why I like American Football. They are constantly reviewing and changing the rules if and when needed. With football we seem to bang on about the same things for years and years on end.

How long has it taken for goal line technology to come in?

First change should be immediate and that should be that only the captain is allowed to approach and talk to the ref. Only the captain can talk to the linesman. That would stop all the intimidation and trying to coerce the officials.

Would then also bring in that if a group of players surround the ref they should all immediately receive a yellow card. Any player asking for an opposing player to be sent off would receive a yellow card.

That's for starters anyway. :whistle:

turlykerd

ive had the pleasure of seeing roben a few times in the last few years, once at the allianz and another at wembley for holland when he single handedly destroyed england in a freindly

i think he is a fantastic footballer,one of my top five in the world over the last few years but i also hate the diving , and he's a cheating C**T

i wouldnt say its the same league as biting or spitting , so chewy luis (i like that BBR)is the super villain for me still.

i also hate the groping every corner
the surrounding the ref
taking the ball into the corner
i also hate it when a player runs straight into another and gets the free kick ???

the game has changed , but im still crazy about it.

Otis

ive had the pleasure of seeing roben a few times in the last few years, once at the allianz and another at wembley for holland when he single handedly destroyed england in a freindly

i think he is a fantastic footballer,one of my top five in the world over the last few years but i also hate the diving , and he's a cheating C**T

i wouldnt say its the same league as biting or spitting , so chewy luis (i like that BBR)is the super villain for me still.

i also hate the groping every corner
the surrounding the ref
taking the ball into the corner
i also hate it when a player runs straight into another and gets the free kick ???

the game has changed , but im still crazy about it.

I hate the taking the ball into the corner too. Not sure what you can do about it though. It could be covered in the laws of the game however. Ungentlemanly Conduct. Just not sure how they would police it. Am guessing players would just get more sneaky about doing it and would carry on the same.

It does make for a horrible spectacle though.

Otis

They are displaying what historically England teams were renowned for, battle, fight, spirit, never say die attitude.

These days we just seem to have an attitude.

AngryAnt

I'm secretly hoping that now goal line tech has come in, it might lead the way to video replays in a few years time, once blatter has gone.
I loathe the time wasting at the corner flag, if a goal keeper can be pulled up on time wasting during a kick (though not enough) then why can't someone who is clearly wasting it at the corner flag? I also firmly believe that a dive should be a straight red no matter where you are on the pitch, you're disrespecting the rules, fans and the ref.

Re: USA, even though I have money on Belgium to win the WC (50p = £13! :D) I wanted them to go through as they really do seem to have the right stuff this WC and was a shame to see them go out, plus it looks like football has finally gained a decent coverage in the last blackout spot in the world (America).

skyblu3sk

Roben does dive a lot not doubt, The problem is if he stays on his feet when he gets hacked at no ref will have the guts to give a pen or in most cases a free kick so i'm not sure what I would do. Watching the match against Mexico he should have had 2 nailed on pens before he was finally given one. Not saying it's right but it seems to even out... How you can compare that with biting someone i'm not sure

Users who are viewing this thread