Rob Gurney v Clive Eakin (1 Viewer)

Adge

Well we all know how it ended for Rob before his move to WM-was initially very much missed. Clive them came on board and while it took some adjustment, has he now surpassed Mr Gurney in the commentary for our great club?
For me he has-long live Clive! 😁

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

As @Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue would say, if I heard Clive say good morning, I'd check outside the window to check it wasn't the middle of the night.

In all seriousness though, I think Clive is great. He's very passionate and knowledgeable. Whilst he has a few quirks, if you ever listen to any of the away commentary, you'll know he's head and shoulders above most of them.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Well we all know how it ended for Rob before his move to WM-was initially very much missed. Clive them came on board and while it took some adjustment, has he now surpassed Mr Gurney in the commentary for our great club?
For me he has-long live Clive! 😁

Clive Eakin is doing a job, Rob Gurney is a Fan. Rob evey time.

bigfatronssba

Rob Gurney abandoned his club to go and commentate on Villa games because he wanted more money.

Clive has been with us during the worst of times.

Clive every time for me.

bigfatronssba

How does Linnell rate against them?

His commentary on the FA Cup final for Mercia will be forever part of our history

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Clive has vastly improved and I enjoy his work.
I still miss Rob and he definitely is my choice out of the two.

My impression he left because of fall out with Coventry City.

Can someone confirm either way.

Don't think he had a fall out with the Club, it's the BBC that employs him.

Esoterica

I like Clive a lot. He’s like a slightly barmy uncle who gets everyone’s names wrong at a family party but his commentary is good, and his knowledge of refereeing provides a good balance with Oggy’s knowledge of tactics and the players. They’re a great match really.

bigfatronssba

I don’t know if anyone heard it but Clive’s rant about Blackburn fans and management the other week was hilarious.

It was after they were accusing Wilson of handball then Sammie Szmodics did that actual handball.

It was along the lines of “don’t you dare accuse us of cheating and then go and do something like that”

Grendel

Gurney and Dent were smug and even smugger - not missed him at all

Grendel

Didn‘t Robins reply back with something like ‘that’d be a good sight for radio?’ 🤣

he did very quick got him

fernandopartridge

Rob Gurney abandoned his club to go and commentate on Villa games because he wanted more money.

Clive has been with us during the worst of times.

Clive every time for me.
Sorry but that's nonsense, he is a journalist employed by the BBC, he has never been employed by CCFC and it is a coincidence that he happened to commentate on them

bigfatronssba

Sorry but that's nonsense, he is a journalist employed by the BBC, he has never been employed by CCFC and it is a coincidence that he happened to commentate on them

I was being facetious!

I don’t actually believe BBC WM is the money pot of radio presenters!

chiefdave

If you watch the Warwickshire cricket streams on YouTube you sometimes get Clive and Rob commentating together

Clive gets a lot of stick but if you ever listen to the other teams commentary on ifollow you'll quickly realise he's better than most

pusbccfc

Eakin is very underrated. Odd mistake, which is understandable for a low level commentator but the passion and emotion is great.

Briles

I like Clive. I've listened to so many local radio commentators on ifollow and some of them are absolute dross.

Boosh

Too young for the other bloke but used to enjoy Eakin during the COVID era. He was certainly much better than any of his counterparts for other teams

bigfatronssba

Users who are viewing this thread