Ricoh Open Day ... This is how to do it. (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

I only bought a ticket and I feel wanted already ;)

Supporters Open Day at the Ricoh Arena

Wasps are delighted to invite our loyal supporters to an open day at the Ricoh Arena on Sunday 7th December.

Fans will have the opportunity to look around Wasps' new home and view the seating bowl.

There will also be an opportunity to explore the new hospitality suites, as well as some of the additional facilities on site at the Ricoh Arena.
Complimentary lunch will be served from 1.00pm and fans will have the opportunity to ask management any further questions they may have about the move. We expect proceedings to be finished at approximately 3.30pm.
We will be running free return coach transfers from High Wycombe rail station, Maidenhead rail station and Hillingdon tube station.
Coaches will depart from all locations at 11.00am.
Supporters who wish to drive to the Ricoh Arena will be able to use free parking on site.
To register your place on one of the coaches or to secure your free parking space, please click here to complete the booking form.

covmark

Wasps are delighted to invite our loyal supporters to an open day at the Ricoh Arena on Sunday 7th December.

Fans will have the opportunity to look around Wasps' new home and view the seating bowl.

There will also be an opportunity to explore the new hospitality suites, as well as some of the additional facilities on site at the Ricoh Arena.
Complimentary lunch will be served from 1.00pm and fans will have the opportunity to ask management any further questions they may have about the move. We expect proceedings to be finished at approximately 3.30pm.
We will be running free return coach transfers from High Wycombe rail station, Maidenhead rail station and Hillingdon tube station.
Supporters who wish to drive to the Ricoh Arena will be able to use free parking on site.
To register your place on one of the coaches or to secure your free parking space, please click here to complete the booking form.
If Sisu had done an open day at sixfields, would you have been fawning over that too?

chiefdave

Wasps did one of these a couple of weeks ago and all the coaches got stuck in traffic for hours :p

italiahorse

Wasps did one of these a couple of weeks ago and all the coaches got stuck in traffic for hours :p

That was for season ticket holders, this is for non season ticket holders.

I think the point I'm making is the difference between how Sisu and Wasps handle their fans/ potential fans..

Nick

Administrator

I think the point I'm making is the difference between how Sisu and Wasps handle their fans/ potential fans..
Very true, it's even better that they can do it without a pr machine.

I think villa did something like this earlier in the season, I didn't go though as I don't support villa.

stupot07

Yeah, handled their fans magnificently by permanently moving them 80 odd miles, admitting that they will lose over half of their current ST's over then next 2 years , but hey ho they got a free lunch.

Sisu take note, if you ever build and move us to another ground all you need to do is offer a tour and free lunch and everyone will be happy as Larry.

Excellent Wumming though 9/10!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, handled their fans magnificently by permanently moving them 80 odd miles, admitting that they will lose over half of their current ST's over then next 2 years , but hey ho they got a free lunch.

Sisu take note, if you ever build and move us to another ground all you need to do is offer a tour and free lunch and everyone will be happy as Larry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Yeah, you will have the people who go on about others blindly following erm blindly follOwing for an egg and cress sandwich

Skyblueweeman

Not sure many will, but I'll welcome you back as a Cov fan when you remove your tongue from Eastwoods arse.

#whatevenisanitaliahorse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ashdown

I don't think that there is any doubt that Wasps PR machine is better than SISU's, lets face it they are shit at everything. All that said how supposed CCFC fans are fawning over a free finger buffet laid on by a franchise team from West London that has consigned our football club to even greater levels of insecurity is beyond me ?!
C'mon City, C'mon Cov Rugby, Fuck Wasps !!

torchomatic

It was never our stadium, so nail on the head. I went to that evening too.

You can shove your "oh look how wonderful Wasps are" threads where the sun don't shine too.

We had the stadium safety certificate evening but I'm not sure if that was CCC or CCFC.

italiahorse

I don't think that there is any doubt that Wasps PR machine is better than SISU's, lets face it they are shit at everything. All that said how supposed CCFC fans are fawning over a free finger buffet laid on by a franchise team from West London that has consigned our football club to even greater levels of insecurity is beyond me ?!
C'mon City, C'mon Cov Rugby, Fuck Wasps !!

Don't see how it's less security.
Sisu were building a new stadium on our behalf from their chosen base at Sixfields at the start of the season ?
Are Sisu not still planning on building a new stadium even though we are back at the Ricoh ?

Wasps arrival made sure we moved back before we had to negotiate with Wasps to get back.
In effect we are back at the Ricoh because of Wasps.

italiahorse

It was never our stadium, so nail on the head. I went to that evening too.

You can shove your "oh look how wonderful Wasps are" threads where the sun don't shine too.

It's an "Oh look how crap Sisu are" thread.

Question. In what way will the new stadium be our stadium ?

Ashdown

We are back at the Ricoh because SISU wanted to cash in on the ST money ! IMHO This isn't about defending the hedge fund or condoning any of their damaging decisions, this is about staying loyal to your local clubs !

italiahorse

We are back at the Ricoh because SISU wanted to cash in on the ST money ! IMHO This isn't about defending the hedge fund or condoning any of their damaging decisions, this is about staying loyal to your local clubs !

So in Warwickshire which is my local club?
I support Keresley Ladies because my daughter plays for them.
Cov RFC always seem to be playing when the football team are playing so surely they don't want CCFC fans ?

wingy

It's an "Oh look how crap Sisu are" thread.

Question. In what way will the new stadium be our stadium ?

Not so sure about that but see the point you're making .

The way I heard It SISU only asked for a one year deal .

If they wanted to take advantage of dealing with CCC they'd have asked for a ten year deal or more ,erm maybe they are going to build a New

ground ,but again 1yr ,4yr,doesn't give any slippage time .

Why would they only ask for one year ,wasn't because they were forced back was It?

wingy

If they wanted to take advantage of dealing with CCC they'd have asked for a ten year deal or more ,erm maybe they are going to build a New

Why would they only ask for one year ,wasn't because they were forced back was It?

Oh and If they'd asked for a longer deal maybe CCC wouldn't have sold ,but that's just a guess really.

italiahorse

The way I heard it was they asked for a 2 year deal with an option for another 2 years.
I also heard (TF?) say they want to move it out to 5 years.

Who really knows ?

Ashdown

Cov RFC always seem to be playing when the football team are playing so surely they don't want CCFC fans ?

The fixture clash has been a problem this season, that's true.

stupot07

Nuneaton RFC (or others in South warks) or Coventry RFC or if you were really bothered about PL rugby You'd have gone to Leicester Tigers years ago.

So in warwickshire which is your local football team? You 'support' COVENTRY CITY FC..,

That's down to the RFU setting the dates like the FA/FL set ours. Like us they have absolutely no say in when they play their games, WASPs only play on a Sunday because of the ground share (no clashes with Wycombes FL+Cup commitments) and to be on TV.

Honestly one of the dumbest questions I've seen on here.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Wasps aren't in warwickshire either?? You keep going on about not being in coventry so not bothered about cov rugby yet get wet over wasps?

Raggs

Wasps play on Sundays because that's when the majority of current and ex-STH requested to play. Of course, they may not still want Sunday once it's in Coventry, but that's why it was Sunday originally. It is useful for potentially getting on TV more though.

Brighton Sky Blue

...... and previous seasons if I remember correctly.
I hazard a guess that more Cov RFC fans will attend Wasps matches than CCFC fans attend CovRFC games.

Maybe because rugby fans are more likely to go to rugby games than football fans.

duffer

Don't see how it's less security.
Sisu were building a new stadium on our behalf from their chosen base at Sixfields at the start of the season ?
Are Sisu not still planning on building a new stadium even though we are back at the Ricoh ?

Wasps arrival made sure we moved back before we had to negotiate with Wasps to get back.
In effect we are back at the Ricoh because of Wasps.

C'mon mate, it's less security because now the club will never have a chance to buy into the Ricoh streams, regardless of who owns them.

As for Wasps arrival meaning that we had to move back, I can't even begin to untwist that logic. I don't think anyone was aware of the Wasps deal until it was done - probably to stop CCFC/SISU interfering.

Users who are viewing this thread