Rich list and clubs (1 Viewer)

paulw

I watch a few Villa fans being interviewed about their club looking for new owners and these guys who possibly earn £23000 a year wishing some billionaire to come along and pump imaginary money into the club. I felt sick.

Then I watched the BBC and the presenter seemed proud the the UK has more billionaires than any place on Earth. I felt sick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27360032

I truly believe if the majority in this country didn't like football, and want rich owners, more people would feel sick and ashamed that this country has become the whore of the world.

I feel proud of our history with inventing things and give help and support to others but I don't feel proud of 'having rich bods around'. You go around any town in this country in the evening and you see homelessness. Our food banks are getting more people coming to them than ever before.

Football has become a distraction and instead of being the game for the working classes it has become the death of the working man.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Football always was a distraction.....that's the point of it....

...its just a shame some people take it too much to heart....its only a game...you are supposed to enjoy watching or playing it....

....none of it really matters.....although the amount of grown men (both players & fans) you see crying because their team lost is quite frankly pathetic.....these people need to get a grip!

Bill Shankly once said :
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

....the bloke was a fucking tit!

Nick

Administrator
Why does what the fans earn matter? Not sure what their salary has to do with anything?

Covstu

To be fair to Villa fans, you cannot blame them for wanting someone with a huge cash flow as this is what you need to keep clubs going in the prem. Villa is a club of huge potential, decent fan base and starved of success for a while. In football terms it would be a good buy for someone. Clearly Randy didnt have the capital to keep it going but if you looked at the money he did invest into the club i think they are certainly in the top 5 in the prem.

We have to accept that there will always be the super rich and super poor, we can either encourgage them into the country and help them spend their cash or let them invest elsewhere. No brainer these days.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair to Villa fans, you cannot blame them for wanting someone with a huge cash flow as this is what you need to keep clubs going in the prem. Villa is a club of huge potential, decent fan base and starved of success for a while. In football terms it would be a good buy for someone. Clearly Randy didnt have the capital to keep it going but if you looked at the money he did invest into the club i think they are certainly in the top 5 in the prem.

We have to accept that there will always be the super rich and super poor, we can either encourgage them into the country and help them spend their cash or let them invest elsewhere. No brainer these days.

If that money in taxes eventually found its way to those who needed it there'd be no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread