Ribbons at ryton (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

My my you have been busy tonight:D:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

olderskyblue

Did they have big "i'm a local" signs on their backs then?

Covkid1968#

Few on twitter - especially the SISU OUT in ribbon on the entrance to the lodge

ajsccfc

Some evening last week Sky Blue Way was completely lined with them. All still there too, surprisingly.

Sub

passed there on the way to work this morning and saw all the blue ribbons good job who ever did it !!:claping hands:

olderskyblue

They were walking 2 dogs so assumed they were local.

Any other stupid questions?

Yep

You thought the dogs were local? :D

Sub

1185625_10201617561539265_1620522530_n.jpg

olderskyblue

Just been past Ryton. Hundreds of ribbons still there. (Must speak to the locals, they're not doing a good job of removing them) ;)

edit to say the pictures above do not do them justice. They are all round the entrance to the connexion, and go 100M either side of that too, all the way to the island, and further down the Leamington Road too. Very impressive.

Last edited:

bezzer

Just been past Ryton. Hundreds of ribbons still there. (Must speak to the locals, they're not doing a good job of removing them) ;)

edit to say the pictures above do not do them justice. They are all round the entrance to the connexion, and go 100M either side of that too, all the way to the island, and further down the Leamington Road too. Very impressive.

Lots on the railings to the car sales garage.

Someone was very busy last night.

Looking at the pictures on Twitter it looks a bloody mess. If there was any order to what was done on the gates then fair enough but the way that's been done.

olderskyblue

Yeah I wondered that myself.

Coventry have been lost to the...Ryton and Warwickshire area?

I assume a ground around Ryton would then be welcome, is the message?

I assume when there were ribbons at the Cathedral, you thought the message was to build a stadium there then? ;)

NorthernWisdom

I assume when there were ribbons at the Cathedral, you thought the message was to build a stadium there then? ;)

The cathedral is in Coventry though ;)

I thought the point was mourning away for a period of time, until a loved one returns home?

Well it's away from Coventry, not Ryton and Warwickshire, surely, and there's no great desire for it to return home to Ryton?

Noggin

Yeah I wondered that myself.

Coventry have been lost to the...Ryton and Warwickshire area?

I assume a ground around Ryton would then be welcome, is the message?

None of the main problems with the new ground have anything to do with it's location in/around Coventry, If Someone built a Ricoh quality stadium at Ryton for us to move into tomorrow we'd be happy I'm sure.

The main issues we all have is the time taken to build the new stadium will cause irreparable damage to ccfc and likely leave us in the conference and the planned stadium size likely leaves us as a club with no ambition to get back to where we used to be. No one has ever been against the we want our own stadium with all the revenues idea just the fact it's current implementation is utterly unviable and leaves us ridiculously worse off than staying where we were (especially with a new 400k rent deal)

NorthernWisdom

None of the main problems with the new ground have anything to do with it's location in/around Coventry, If Someone built a Ricoh quality stadium at Ryton for us to move into tomorrow we'd be happy I'm sure.

I would argue different. The whole problem is the indeterminate nature of 'just outside Coventry'.

To me, Ryton is too far, not even close to Coventry as far as I'm concerned... but it's an elastic line where there's no right answer, and people will have different places within it. Not sure elasticating the elastic is a good message or negotiating position just atm.

olderskyblue

"The Tie A Sky Blue Ribbon initiative is aimed at drawing attention to the fans’ fight against Coventry City playing ‘home’ fixtures 35 miles away in Northampton as part of the club’s long-running rent row with the Ricoh Arena."

If they were placed all over the Football league offices, it should draw attention to our fans fight, but it wouldn't mean we welcomed a new ground there.....

Users who are viewing this thread