Revenues blah blah blah ! (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Please read stu's post, if you haven't already.

Or are you saying we would be better off financially going up then coming back down straight away?

No we'd be better off going up and staying up.

letsallsingtogether

I'm certainly not suggesting you did it at all. It was an undesirable situation, and people on both sides acted inappropriately.

Given the vitriol about the time at Sixfields (which was mostly justified at the owners) I can't comprehend why this was not replicated when Wasps showed up. The level of apathy was overwhelming.
Because of Sixfields that is why it wasn't replicated.
Our owners were hated that much at that time for what they had done to our club.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not talking about Bob.

Surely you've answered your own question with the bits I've highlighted?

But I don't get what it has to do with anything?

I was asking how our the revenues being wasted, which is what Bob said and you keep going on about the championship.

What's the relevance to what I was asking?

ccfc92

But I don't get what it has to do with anything?

I was asking how our the revenues being wasted, which is what Bob said and you keep going on about the championship.

What's the relevance to what I was asking?

I asked you a different question though. I even highlighted the specific part I asked you about, just to make things easier for you.

I asked you: "We've been told we can't compete in the championship, so what has confidence with Mowbray got to do with anything?"

Then I explained, over several posts what I meant. I did think maybe I wasn't clear enough, but then Stu took the effort to explain using a real life scenario, so I must half at least given some indication of what I meant.

If you took the time to actually read what is written, these mis-understandings wouldn't happen.

Nick

Administrator
I asked you a different question though. I even highlighted the specific part I asked you about, just to make things easier for you.

I asked you: "We've been told we can't compete in the championship, so what has confidence with Mowbray got to do with anything?"

Then I explained, over several posts what I meant. I did think maybe I wasn't clear enough, but then Stu took the effort to explain using a real life scenario, so I must half at least given some indication of what I meant.

If you took the time to actually read what is written, these mis-understandings wouldn't happen.
I explained, confidence in Mowbray to look after the revenues if he is in charge with 60% of them along with Venus.

Yet you kept going about Championship with things like this:

Well surely if over two seasons, we went up, came down and were worse off financially, it would be wasted revenue?

Well surely if we spent x amount to get promoted, and we got relegated immediately, would we be better off doing that?

If not, surely that would be wasting revenues?

Or is it worth "wasting" the revenues going up to come back down?

It's quite clear you are referring to promotion as wasting revenue.

I understand the issue with wages if we go up and come down, the same as we came down from the Prem.

I just don't see how you have got to that, from me asking Bob which revenues are being wasted that we give the club?

Just strange how I ask a question and you keep trying to go on about something completely different?

If SISU wasting money is by going for promotion, then surely you and Bob must be acknowledging they are going for promotion?

Limey

The wasps move was ushered in at the 11th hour though wasn't it. I think even then a state of disbelief reigned that it wouldn't actually happen.
In my opinion, the most short sighted of moves by key decision makers.

ccfc92

I explained, confidence in Mowbray to look after the revenues if he is in charge with 60% of them along with Venus.

Yet you kept going about Championship with things like this:

It's quite clear you are referring to promotion as wasting revenue.

I understand the issue with wages if we go up and come down, the same as we came down from the Prem.

I just don't see how you have got to that, from me asking Bob which revenues are being wasted that we give the club?

Just strange how I ask a question and you keep trying to go on about something completely different?

If SISU wasting money is by going for promotion, then surely you and Bob must be acknowledging they are going for promotion?

1st Highlighted bit: Maybe I should have been clearer I wasn't necessarily referring to what Bob posted. I just meant, would money be better spent on securing the club's foundation, if promotion followed by relegation would put us in a worse state than pre-promotion.

2nd Highlighted bit: l'm not saying they are wasting money by going for promotion, far from it. But if going up, we can't compete, come back down, and are in a worse financial position, surely that's classed as wasting money/resources?

We've already been told by the club that we couldn't compete in the Championship, so what message does that send out?

Nick

Administrator
1st Highlighted bit: Maybe I should have been clearer I wasn't necessarily referring to what Bob posted. I just meant, would money be better spent on securing the club's foundation, if promotion followed by relegation would put us in a worse state than pre-promotion.

2nd Highlighted bit: l'm not saying they are wasting money by going for promotion, far from it. But if going up, we can't compete, come back down, and are in a worse financial position, surely that's classed as wasting money/resources?

We've already been told by the club that we couldn't compete in the Championship, so what message does that send out?

I don't understand why that's linked to what I was asking, unless you didn't mean to quote me?

ccfc92

I don't understand why that's linked to what I was asking, unless you didn't mean to quote me?

No, I did.

I didn't follow on with Bob's post. Forget Bob's post. I asked you a separate question.

Stu hit the nail on the head with what I was getting at. I don't know how to explain to you more?

stupot07

No we'd be better off going up and staying up.
I'm not sure we would. We'll have one of the lowest 3-4 turnovers in the league, yet FFP will mean clubs can lose up to £13m pa, if you look at the graphs the majority of teams are making big annual losses, only 1 team had a lower wage bill than £11m pa (our turnover would be £10.5-11m), we would have to spend beyonf our means to try to survive and that would lead to losses and increased debt.

I'm not saying in don't want promotion, but we have to be realistic and acknowledge that financially we will be worse off whilst struggling in the championship.

How would we be better off staying up in the championship treading water making losses of £5-7m pa?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

I'm not sure we would. We'll have one of the lowest 3-4 turnovers in the league, yet FFP will mean clubs can lose up to £13m pa, if you look at the graphs the majority of teams are making big annual losses, only 1 team had a lower wage bill than £11m pa (our turnover would be £10.5-11m), we would have to spend beyonf our means to try to survive and that would lead to losses and increased debt.

I'm not saying in don't want promotion, but we have to be realistic and acknowledge that financially we will be worse off whilst struggling in the championship.

How would we be better off staying up in the championship treading water making losses of £5-7m pa?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Always something to moan about Stu ;)

Users who are viewing this thread