Regardless of the next couple of results - including today! (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Just thought I'd put this out there before there is any knee jerk stuff if we lose today.

I'm still hopeful of putting a run together regardless of these next couple of games. If we don't make it, I still want MR here to develop the team for next season, rather than the 'smash it all down and start again' policy that's failed us so miserably in the past. I am hopeful that Jordan Ponticelli will break through fo usr next season, hopefully Andreu will be back on course (even if we lose Bayliss) and hopefully we will have some Maddison/Wilson money for MR to recruit with. Now let's stick one up Steve Evan's *** !

Otis

One hope I have for next season if McNulty goes, is that Ponticelli can immediately fill his shoes and we don't have to go searching high and low trying to ensnare someone.

RFC

Just thought I'd put this out there before there is any knee jerk stuff if we lose today.

I'm still hopeful of putting a run together regardless of these next couple of games. If we don't make it, I still want MR here to develop the team for next season, rather than the 'smash it all down and start again' policy that's failed us so miserably in the past. I am hopeful that Jordan Ponticelli will break through fo usr next season, hopefully Andreu will be back on course (even if we lose Bayliss) and hopefully we will have some Maddison/Wilson money for MR to recruit with. Now let's stick one up Steve Evan's *** !

MR trying to build for the longer term future and attempting to plan ahead for success and stability.

PUSB

Macca

Different league same script
We are the best team in the league by far we are going up automatically
Erm maybe play offs
Erm mid table plan for next year

It was virtually punishable by death to deny we would piss the league at the start of the season but those long in the tooth had a familiar sinking feeling :-(

BackRoomRummermill

What I am saying here is not knee jerk as I said it in November , Robins is not the manager and genius you all think , he will blow our one chance of promotion and non league here we come , I am losing interest in a club I have supported over 4 decades and my dis interest is reinforced by the results, game plan and most disappointed people on here that cannot accept that MR is useless for this league . It’s not worth debating anymore, enjoy and don’t bleat when it all happens.

fatso

The problems were evident in pre season, MR has had long enough.
Repeating the same old thing and expecting different results is bloody madness.
So why tolerate another season of failure.

Liquid Gold

We’re going to be in league two next season. I’ll renew my season ticket but I probably won’t go to many more games this season. We’ve been shocking recently and we’ve not done anything to switch it up. You can say we’re missing Jones and Andreu But we were 4th a few weeks ago without them. Robins has to answer his critics with changes before long.

BackRoomRummermill

We’re going to be in league two next season. I’ll renew my season ticket but I probably won’t go to many more games this season. We’ve been shocking recently and we’ve not done anything to switch it up. You can say we’re missing Jones and Andreu But we were 4th a few weeks ago without them. Robins has to answer his critics with changes before long.

Maybe SISU will eject him soon , there will be a queue of decent talent to save our season

Grendel

MR trying to build for the longer term future and attempting to plan ahead for success and stability.

PUSB

I’m sure the OP is grateful for your support.

Grendel

Didn’t we get rid of TM for similar reasons .. seems to be doing ok at another poorly run club!

A club with the highest wage bill in that league.

JWC

We’re going to be in league two next season. I’ll renew my season ticket but I probably won’t go to many more games this season.

You know that for sure do you? Will you start going if we start winning again?

A lot of people need to calm themselves down, cov losing a few games in a row is in no way a surprise, it’s almost a guarantee. We’re still in the race, it seems to me like a stupid time to write off this season.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If it's a run you're looking for draycote reservoir is a good start at about 5 miles . Too far for me, I have enough trouble walking it.

Londonccfcfan

Good post. My thoughts too , irrespective of today’s and Tuesdays result, I’m very confident we would get play offs this season.

Point gained today was massive, will feel like a win, s much as it will feel like a defeat to Mansfield. We actually looked fit for the full 94 minutes.

I can’t think of too man games were we have played with 10men and got a very positive result especially away from home in our recent past.

Liquid Gold

You know that for sure do you? Will you start going if we start winning again?

A lot of people need to calm themselves down, cov losing a few games in a row is in no way a surprise, it’s almost a guarantee. We’re still in the race, it seems to me like a stupid time to write off this season.
To be honest I’ll probably go to them all anyway but more begrudgingly. We’ve got to pull something incredible out to make it now and from what I’ve seen we’re not capable of that. One positive is that if we do make the playoffs we’ll be the form team so stand a decent chance.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've resigned myself to the idea that we'll still be in League two next season. I still have an open mind about M.R. It's a job that a few people would like but who is out there to take the reins? At least M.R. has got to know the players, backroom staff and board. Another change in manager isn't the answer, although short term, it might work as a team will always try to impress a new boss (unlike Leeds with Brian Clough!). I'll still keep an open mind about the bloke. I was disappointed when he left us straight away for Huddersfield a few years ago, but he came back. Let's stick with him and support him. See what happens at the end of the season.

luwalla

How can you build a side when all our best players will be gone in summer ... can we really see McNulty, Willis , McDonald, grimmer, jones , JCH here next season ? I just can’t see it

stevefloyd

Players will know themselves if we are going in the right direction if they can't they live up to the alleged thick fuckers they may be so unless big wage offers come in I think more will give it another crack before jumping ship.....or Shipley

ccfcway

How can you build a side when all our best players will be gone in summer ... can we really see McNulty, Willis , McDonald, grimmer, jones , JCH here next season ? I just can’t see it

Yep. Think Bayliss will go, but would be surprised if any more than one or two of the above 6 go

Users who are viewing this thread