Referee (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Thought he started well, happy to let a lot go in terms of physicality both ways but then got steadily worse throughout with some utterly baffling decisions &, as others have said, the final 10-15mins or so were incomprehensible.

Simms was manhandled constantly & the decisions were given against him 9/10 times.

No issues with the yellows as such, all obvious bookings. The issue for me was the Eccles one was a clear foul on MVE first which he totally ignored. Also, no issue with him booking Simms & Ampadu for the spat but Simms held onto him as retaliation for being basically bearhugged, ref waved the incident away then subsequently gave them the free-kick 😵💫
Their defender 2 handed pushed him in the back most of the times he jumped for a header and nothing given.

Simms went anywhere near them and it was a foul every time.

Tomh111

Their defender 2 handed pushed him in the back most of the times he jumped for a header and nothing given.

Simms went anywhere near them and it was a foul every time.
This baffles me, in terms of refereeing.

There are 'Assistant' referees that can see because they are generally level with the back line or behind it - why are they not assisting the referee and saying that there's a 2 hand push? Or that the striker has backed under the defender? Etc etc

Its so bad it is verging on laughable.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

WestEndAgro

Fuckin diabolical ref yesterday, where do they find these idiots?
Gave Dirty Leeds, pretty much everything.
When he gave a free kick to us near the end, the crowd virtually celebrated like a goal.

Adge

Forget about that he is from Wakefield and it’s near Leeds-he could just as easily be an Arsenal fan. This is very well scrutinized by the EFL/FA when it comes to appointments regarding fixtures.
The trouble is is that you get an indifferent performance such as yesterday’s and it’s an easy stick to beat him with because he is from Wakefield. Not his best day at the office but to claim bias is just silly.

zuni

Read the Leeds match feedback...pretty much said we were dirty and ref gave them no protection lol wtf

lifeskyblue

He wasn’t diabolical yesterday. Let a lot go first half (both ways) and games flowed well. A little inconsistent but not an issue. About half way through second half he seemed to lose the plot after a frantic few minutes where both sides claimed fouls…some he played advantage some he didn’t. From then on his performance deteriorated to the point where most decisions given (or not given) were questioned. It appeared biased against us but in reality he had lost control over the players.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Most refs tell linos just to watch for offsides. Leave all other decisions to them.

oscillatewildly

There are 'Assistant' referees that can see because they are generally level with the back line or behind it - why are they not assisting the referee and saying that there's a 2 hand push? Or that the striker has backed under the defender? Etc etc

'Assistant referee' has to be the biggest misnomer in sport. Why do they very rarely get involved when a situation is so blatant and out of view of the ref and in a lot of cases right in front of them?
I'm pretty certain a lot of referees brief them NOT to take command in a situation as described above.
Adge?

shepardo01

'Assistant referee' has to be the biggest misnomer in sport. Why do they very rarely get involved when a situation is so blatant and out of view of the ref and in a lot of cases right in front of them?
I'm pretty certain a lot of referees brief them NOT to take command in a situation as described above.
Adge?
At this level, they are in constant dialogue with the referee over the mic. The referee is generally seen to be giving decisions, but there will often be dialogue/observations given each way over the mic.

David O'Day

Forget about that he is from Wakefield and it’s near Leeds-he could just as easily be an Arsenal fan. This is very well scrutinized by the EFL/FA when it comes to appointments regarding fixtures.
The trouble is is that you get an indifferent performance such as yesterday’s and it’s an easy stick to beat him with because he is from Wakefield. Not his best day at the office but to claim bias is just silly.
Ok, if he isn't a Leeds fan he will be friends with lots of them, as I have said we shouldn't be allowed a ref from Leamington.

Adge

Ok, if he isn't a Leeds fan he will be friends with lots of them, as I have said we shouldn't be allowed a ref from Leamington.
Why? There should be no alleged bias if he was say a Man Utd fan, but again, from the other team’s perspective (who we were playing) it wouldn’t look great if he awarded a correct penalty call in the 90th minute.

Adge

Adge?
At Sunday league level it is common (as we well know) to insist that CAR’s (Club Assistant Referee’s-usually somebody smoking a fag or a substitute with a bib on) do not award fouls and this would be told to them by the referee before kick off. This on the whole is to stop teams calling decisions in their teams favour.
If a referee was lucky enough to have neutral assistant referee’s at that level (usually it would only be for a Semi-final/Final) there is no way he would be telling them to not to give fouls that they see in their vicinity.
This is always spoken about in the changing rooms before kick off-90% off referees will say/give the same instructions but the odd individual referee may have his own individual add on that he wants his assistants to carry out in regards to instructions.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Agree, it's funny how the Linesman, "it's a joke to call them Assistant" can see if a player's toe is ahead of the the last defender but can't see all the Rugby tackle's that go on. 🤬🤬🤬

MalcSB

Agree, it's funny how the Linesman, "it's a joke to call them Assistant" can see if a player's toe is ahead of the the last defender but can't see all the Rugby tackle's that go on. 🤬🤬🤬
In the city unseen video, you can see two defenders hanging on to Haji Wright’s back, arms and shirt. How is that not seen or not given as a foul?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

In the city unseen video, you can see two defenders hanging on to Haji Wright’s back, arms and shirt. How is that not seen or not given as a foul?

Just inept officials. 🤬

David O'Day

be
Why? There should be no alleged bias if he was say a Man Utd fan, but again, from the other team’s perspective (who we were playing) it wouldn’t look great if he awarded a correct penalty call in the 90th minute.
because you don't have to support a team to have an bias towards them

even you can see that

Sky Blue Pete

Just inept officials. 🤬
The one I remember was kitching in the box he won the header but his shirt was almost ripped off

Loved we held our own and fought our ground even in the ref face

Ampadu thought he could bully simms and wright and mve and found he couldn’t so tried the crying and victim card

Simms just wouldn’t let him out the headlock was hilarious would love to see that again

Frostie

The one I remember was kitching in the box he won the header but his shirt was almost ripped off

Loved we held our own and fought our ground even in the ref face

Ampadu thought he could bully simms and wright and mve and found he couldn’t so tried the crying and victim card

Simms just wouldn’t let him out the headlock was hilarious would love to see that again

😁

20240407_213932.png

christonabike

If this is football I give up, They fall over every single time and the ref and the Saints commentator thinks it’s acceptable.
Disgraceful it really is.

pusbccfc

When will the EFL stop giving jobs to local referees? One day we'll get a referee from Nuneaton or Balsall Common to give his hometown club decisions

jim20

They are ruining football.

It wasn't a pen for us, it was never a booking for Lati, both of their goals were handball and it was a clear offside in the leadup to the second.

They are just fucking useless.
That’s the frustrating thing. Take those decisions away that’s 3 points for us. Over the season we’ve had some dreadful decisions and maybe lost 9 or 10 points because of it. But then you’d hope it would even out over the season, but I don’t think it really does.

there’s so much money in football now, and for us this could be the difference between going up and earning £150million which secures our clubs future or have a bad season next season and we slip down the leagues again. The refs need to be made to be more accountable, they should be made to explain why these decisions were made at the very least

JulianDarbyFTW

They are ruining football.

It wasn't a pen for us, it was never a booking for Lati, both of their goals were handball and it was a clear offside in the leadup to the second.

They are just fucking useless.
And why the hell did he walk towards Wright as he was starting his run-up to take the penalty? Must have been in Haji's peripheral vision. Just stop the kick if you think he's taking too long. Never usually slate the ref, but he was utter gash tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread