Referee (5 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Their player got straight up and waved a card around and the ref booked him.

Ah missed that bit. The tackle itself was superb.

pusbccfc

We got lucky at Blackpool & yesterday were unlucky. I don't remember a thread on here calling the ref & lino cheats or for VAR after Blackpool. In its current guise I don't want VAR anywhere let alone the championship & I would prefer not to have it at all.

Didn't we have a big penalty shout at Blackpool too?

Frostie

Yeah it really was. Their player was straight up waving a card about though.
I know I'm massively in the minority here but I actually think it's the correct decision. Yes he wins the ball first but then (unnecessarily) goes to ground & wipes out their player too.
The twat waving the imaginary card should have gone in the book himself too.

SBT

I know I'm massively in the minority here but I actually think it's the correct decision. Yes he wins the ball first but then (unnecessarily) goes to ground & wipes out their player too.
It’s the kind of rough challenge that some VAR jobsworth would no doubt want to have a look at - then we could spend five minutes waiting for Stroud to watch enough replays of it until he eventually decides to send McFadzean off instead. No complaints on here if that happened, I’m sure - VAR solves everything.

pusbccfc

At worst, he blows a foul. Can't see how it's a yellow.

stupot07

It's why I thought it was a foul in real time, although I didn't see him get the ball. It looked clumsy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Thing is this why I hate it when our players go down softly in other areas of the pitch. The referee then subconsciously knows the players are trying to pull the wool over their eyes...hence why they have doubt when it happens in pen area

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It's why I thought it was a foul in real time, although I didn't see him get the ball. It looked clumsy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Fadz has already played the ball with his left foot at this point, hasn't even made contact with their player who basically collides into Fadz. It was a truly bizarre decision.

Given by the lino though I think as he flagged and and Stroud gave him a thumbs up after he booked Fadz.

1681215632908.png

lordy_87

If we had var we may have also seen our 1st goal against Sunderland ruled out, though I thought they were fair challenges from McNally. These decisions tend to balance themselves out over the season. Really can't stand var.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it was number 21 who came in waving his imaginary card as he did with every challenge no shock to see is Portuguese.

chiefdave

Anyone who "waves a card" should receive one themselves
100% agree with this. I'd also have a third man in rule. One player from each side can talk to the ref about any incident but if a third person starts moaning straight in the book

All this sort of shit could be stamped out pretty easily if they wanted to do something about it

Bad Boy

Outstanding tackle.
But it's in the rules you're not allowed to tackle then loose your footing because your fat legs are going too fast for your big frame and you fall over and as a result the person you've just beaten fairly to the ball which is clear because you can see the direction of the ball has changed then falls over as a result of the person who dispossessed the ball from you whose momentum continues rather than come to a complete stop after fairly taking the ball away from you and then you are entitled to get straight up and wave an imaginary card in order for the match official to then proffer a yellow card for someone who has just fairly won the ball and committed no foul. Phew deep breath no commas and only one full stop.

Nick

Administrator
That's a fair opinion but what's the alternative when there already isn't enough referees to go around?

Probably to actually punish them for blatant mistakes like that. Yeah, everybody makes mistakes but especially when you have somebody with VAR watching it over and over and still getting it wrong it's unforgiveable and borderline match fixing. (when you look at the Brighton game).

See the Rochdale goal as well.

Our linesman on Saturday barely kept up with play, there was once where he had no clue who's throw it was as he wasn't paying attention.

They need to be held accountable rather than every time somebody mentions it it ending up as "they get abuse in Sunday league".

Ashdown

It’s a multi million pound game even at Championship level. Easy decisions like those penalty decisions not being given are borderline fraud.
Oh and as for Hamer at Blackpool, I’m sure he touched the ball first …..

pusbccfc

But it's in the rules you're not allowed to tackle then loose your footing because your fat legs are going too fast for your big frame and you fall over and as a result the person you've just beaten fairly to the ball which is clear because you can see the direction of the ball has changed then falls over as a result of the person who dispossessed the ball from you whose momentum continues rather than come to a complete stop after fairly taking the ball away from you and then you are entitled to get straight up and wave an imaginary card in order for the match official to then proffer a yellow card for someone who has just fairly won the ball and committed no foul. Phew deep breath no commas and only one full stop.

Found that very difficult to read 🤣

SBT

That's not really accountability or punishment though.

Will be back in a couple of weeks as if nothing happened.
Perform badly, get dropped. Perform better, maybe you come back. Sounds like accountability to me.

Users who are viewing this thread