Referee Analysis Derby (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Struggled a bit in the first half. Better in the second.

Good early yellows to Clarke & Osti toshow no nonsense.
Missed a clear foul throw in the first few minutes
Let Clarke away with wrestling Biamou in a good position
Missed giving a corner earned by Dabo. I was sure it was a goalkick until the replay
Pulled back the quick throw to set O'Hare away. (Maybe because he was so out of position himself?
Should have carded Wisdom for a two handed push on Biamou
Kazim Richard's card didn't look much but he should have had one just before for an after the play knee in McCallum's back.
Got in the way twice. Notably when James hit the post (Are we up to 20 now?)

Overall rating 7

RFC

Struggled a bit in the first half. Better in the second.

Good early yellows to Clarke & Osti toshow no nonsense.
Missed a clear foul throw in the first few minutes
Let Clarke away with wrestling Biamou in a good position
Missed giving a corner earned by Dabo. I was sure it was a goalkick until the replay
Pulled back the quick throw to set O'Hare away. (Maybe because he was so out of position himself?
Should have carded Wisdom for a two handed push on Biamou
Kazim Richard's card didn't look much but he should have had one just before for an after the play knee in McCallum's back.
Got in the way twice. Notably when James hit the post (Are we up to 20 now?)

Overall rating 7

8/10 for me!

shmmeee

Thought he was pretty good. Can’t remember a decision I really disagreed with though he didn’t have many big calls to make.

7/10 -1 for getting in the way of James.

Johhny Blue

Skimming back through the game there were a couple of points I had forgotten to include.
A bad offside call against Max first half.

The Kelly handball. The decision was correct but there’s no way he could have seen it from his position. Definitely influenced by the bench . Couldn’t tell if the lino signalled anything or not

DazzleTommyDazzle

Thought he was pretty good. Only two issues with him - should have booked Kazim Richards for making a back for Osti early on, that was pretty dangerous. No idea why he stopped the quick throw in when O’Hare was through.

Gregbant

Just for you music dating....

Ref got the card out early and needed to, too many ref's let the first one go, I never understand that if its a yellow its a yellow regardless of when it happens in the game. I think that gave the right message to Derby.
This will likely be one of my very few possibly only post on ref's and its purely because you were looking forward to my opinion on the ref. Generally I am not bothered about them, I believe its swings and roundabouts with ref's decisions. I will only post about them if it is a really outrageous situation.
Sorry there is no conspiracy if I don't post about ref's in the future. I still don't know what the other thing was that you were on about, but hopefully you are a happy bunny now 👍🐰

no_loyalty

The ref had a very good game and will sleep well tonight, nice set of cards.

Gregbant

Just for you music dating....

Ref got the card out early and needed to, too many ref's let the first one go, I never understand that if its a yellow its a yellow regardless of when it happens in the game. I think that gave the right message to Derby.
This will likely be one of my very few possibly only post on ref's and its purely because you were looking forward to my opinion on the ref. Generally I am not bothered about them, I believe its swings and roundabouts with ref's decisions. I will only post about them if it is a really outrageous situation.
Sorry there is no conspiracy if I don't post about ref's in the future. I still don't know what the other thing was that you were on about, but hopefully you are a happy bunny now 👍🐰
Oh and I look forward to your views on the ref as they are not on here yet.

Cov kid 55

I thought the ref, despite a few mistakes, was decent yesterday. In particular, I liked the way he got his card out for players of both teams, as soon as a deliberate foul was committed to disrupt the opposing team‘a attack. If we’d have had him against Cardiff, he would have prevented their gamesmanship.

Cov kid 55

And yes, it’s a great comment about Biamou’s goal. If the ref hadn’t booked Clarke earlier, he may well have brought Biamou down, and gambled getting a yellow rather than a red.

Cov kid 55

Tell you what Johnny Blue, a few posters suspecting your motives for this thread. To me and a few others, it’s interesting, and a number of times we’ve given refs good marks when we’ve lost. Think we recognise when we’ve lost due to our own deficiencies, and try not to blame anyone else.

Johhny Blue

Tell you what Johnny Blue, a few posters suspecting your motives for this thread. To me and a few others, it’s interesting, and a number of times we’ve given refs good marks when we’ve lost. Think we recognise when we’ve lost due to our own deficiencies, and try not to blame anyone else.
I started these threads after whatI felt was a run of really bad refs earlier in the season. It’s easy sometimes to dump on a ref immediately after a loss. If I feel that way I often wait a few hours before starting a thread. If we have a terrible (in my opinion) ref I try to point out something positive if I’ve seen it.
It’s good to hear other fans thoughts after games.

Users who are viewing this thread