Records breaking season for kit sales (1 Viewer)

Somerset Sky Blue

I bought a pair years ago from the shop after getting my feet wet on the way to a game. I always wear them on freezing winter nights when I go to night games, they keep your legs lovely and warm, especially if you are near the top of the stand.
I've been using the socks whilst out cycling in the winter - keeps my toes nice and toasty!

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Like many others, I haven't had a city top in years, got the home and away for christmas.

Still waiting on the 3rd strip.
Ordered it 3 months ago, tracked as far as east mids airport a week after ordering, club agreed to resend it 2 weeks later, been emailing for weeks to ask for tracking confirmation, finally got a response today to say they had cancelled our order as they say we sent it back and they didn't agree a second despatch. They refunded us today, but lost out on €10 in exchange rates, we just wanted the order resending, we asked them to resend it to my mums house as they are now refusing to send abroad again, but now other things we ordered with the top are now out of stock. Very annoyed.

win9nut

1st time since 98 that I've had more than one shirt in a season... got all 3 this year...
All 3 are beautiful
giphy.gif

rob9872

I ended up getting all 3, plus some for the kids- I'd get the shorts for gym/ running if they had any left but the place is cleaned out..

Best kit ever, and the only home one ever that we never lost a league game in
Hadn't really considered that. Great stat:emoji_clap:

Sick Boy

Like many others, I haven't had a city top in years, got the home and away for christmas.

Still waiting on the 3rd strip.
Ordered it 3 months ago, tracked as far as east mids airport a week after ordering, club agreed to resend it 2 weeks later, been emailing for weeks to ask for tracking confirmation, finally got a response today to say they had cancelled our order as they say we sent it back and they didn't agree a second despatch. They refunded us today, but lost out on €10 in exchange rates, we just wanted the order resending, we asked them to resend it to my mums house as they are now refusing to send abroad again, but now other things we ordered with the top are now out of stock. Very annoyed.
Do you know why they’ve stopped sending abroad?

Legia Sky Blue

With the Black Lives Matter issue being forward in everyone's minds the 2 tone kit takes on even more significance. The cultural heritage of our City's link to 2 tone is something to be proud of, and I would be disappointed if we do not continue with a 2 tone reserve kit into next season and beyond.

SkyBlueOz

Ive had the same problem. I bought the home kit when they were first released which I received quickly , then just tried to buy the 2 Tone one but they say theyre not posting to Australia. I wonder why this is?

Alex1987

Feel like they need to get this out now. People bored at home and many not impacted financially yet (appreciate some are of course) with spare money to spend.

Frank Sidebottom

Feel like they need to get this out now. People bored at home and many not impacted financially yet (appreciate some are of course) with spare money to spend.
Might be production/transport delays because of the pandemic, No point in releasing images of the new one if they can't sell it.
They're producing kits for Bristol, Everton and Middlesbrough next season and they'll all probably have priority over us.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Ive had the same problem. I bought the home kit when they were first released which I received quickly , then just tried to buy the 2 Tone one but they say theyre not posting to Australia. I wonder why this is?

I don't know why. My other tops were delivered to the canary islands before Christmas, had many other things delivered before. Maybe they have changed courier and that courier is not used to sending items abroad. Maybe filling in customs decoration forms incorrectly.

We had the same problem with Asda many years ago. Asda told us they no longer ship abroad after we had the same problem, uk customs refused to let it leave, again, East Mids Airport. We wern't given an explanation, just 'we no longer ship abroad'.

Anyone know roughly how long delivery takes to Coventry?

Delivered next day to North Warwickshire by courier.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

My wife just informed me, she was dealing with the order. The club are not sending abroad during the covid crisis.

I used to be a courier driver and know how easy it is to miss a tick box on custom forms, then have things returned or refused to be stamped at a border.

Sick Boy

My wife just informed me, she was dealing with the order. The club are not sending abroad during the covid crisis.

I used to be a courier driver and know how easy it is to miss a tick box on custom forms, then have things returned or refused to be stamped at a border.
I’m in Italy and have had deliveries while the virus has been bad in both countries, it’s strange they started suddenly.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

I’m in Italy and have had deliveries while the virus has been bad in both countries, it’s strange they started suddenly.

Have I read somewhere the club shop is open. If that's the case maybe just understaffed to chase things up, we had found, since the end of March emails were not being answered. Mid march we tracked my top to east mids and returned to the city shop (or wherever despatched from). We had a message saying they will re-ship, then nothing, we were emailing them just for tracking numbers so we could keep an eye on it.

Our usual post from the UK takes about 2 weeks (even for urgent next paid day delivery) Our post sits in Madrid for a couple of days, then in Gran Canaria for about a week calculating our customs payments.

Sick Boy

Have I read somewhere the club shop is open. If that's the case maybe just understaffed to chase things up, we had found, since the end of March emails were not being answered. Mid march we tracked my top to east mids and returned to the city shop (or wherever despatched from). We had a message saying they will re-ship, then nothing, we were emailing them just for tracking numbers so we could keep an eye on it.

Our usual post from the UK takes about 2 weeks (even for urgent next paid day delivery) Our post sits in Madrid for a couple of days, then in Gran Canaria for about a week calculating our customs payments.
My stuff usually arrives within a week at the most, I am only a couple hours drive from Milan, which likely helps. I guess the delay there is due to being outside the EU for tax purposes?

Sumo the Micky Quinn

My stuff usually arrives within a week at the most, I am only a couple hours drive from Milan, which likely helps. I guess the delay there is due to being outside the EU for tax purposes?

Correct.

The quickest anything has arrived from the uk is 8 days, some items have taken 4 weeks. If we dont have our post tracked we never recieve it. On our island we dont have DHL or Fed Ex or any other courier, so anything delivered by a courier gets delivered to our airport. A man and his van collects it (a licenced courier), delivers it to our house then charges us a second delivery charge, usually a percentage of the duty charge. Simple system dont pay them, you dont get your parcel.

Friends of ours who has jewelry delivered have had there address noted and their post used to get tracked to Madrid then disappears, they believe it was then being sold on the market nearby. They now, no longer, arrange to get anything shipped to their house here.

BackRoomRummermill

Amazing delay , last year I sent a parcel from Tortola in the British Virgin Isles to Perth in Scotland , sent 1300 on the Tuesday arrived in Perth 1200 on the Thursday , the good old EU eh

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Amazing delay , last year I sent a parcel from Tortola in the British Virgin Isles to Perth in Scotland , sent 1300 on the Tuesday arrived in Perth 1200 on the Thursday , the good old EU eh
The Canary Islands are outside the taxation rates of the EU, similar to the Channel Islands. We are still under spanish EU rules for everything else. So when it comes to buying from within in the EU we dont have to pay 20% VAT (some stupid companies insist we pay it, without checking). If we dont pay VAT we get charged our local rate of 7% (IGIC - VAT in the UK). Because the Canarian Government gets to keep this they ensure they claim as much as they possibly can, so all our parcels get delayed whilst they calculate every individual parcel to get every cent they can. Alot of this tax is spent on ensuring tourists have a good holiday, keeping areas clean for example, in the hope you return again.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

To balance this out, we pay much lower community/council taxes, rates whatever you want to call them. We get 75% discount (subsidized by the Canarian Government) on flights & ferries from/to/around the Canary Isands. We get our bins emptied every day. We pay much less for petrol, about 90c a litre at the moment (again subsidized by the Canarian Government). However petrol was 46c a litre 11years ago when I first arrived here.

Last edited:

rob9872

Wonder if anyone's ever stepped over the international date line and posted something that arrived before it left :)

WillenhallSkyBlues

Anyone know if we’re still going to have allsopp & allsopp? Was just hoping we didn’t sell out and have a bookies sponsor the front of the shirt like the other 75% of the championship do

Users who are viewing this thread