Reasons for Optimism (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Next season I think we could get a lot more goals from set if we have Panzo and Rose at the back coming up, that’s definitely threat in the are, and with players like Godden, Walker or Gyo in the box and Hamer or Palmer hovering round the edge. Can definitely see an even higher goals return and rather than relying on comebacks can see many demolishions next season against some of the weaker teams. That said I can also see more goals from Midfield with Sheaf chipping in more and O’hare to find his shooting boots. As long as there are no injury crisis’ then there are many reasons for optimism.

usskyblue

200w.gif

Saddlebrains

To be fairif we can keep OHare i think we will piss the play offs

Squad if this palace lad who everyone raves about comes...

Moore Wilson

Dabo, Kane, Rose, Hyam, Fadz, Panzo, Doyle, Adaramola, Bidwell

Hamer, Sheaf, Palmer, OHare, Allen, Eccles, Kelly, Howley

Gyokores, Godden, Walker, Waghorn, Tavares

That Squad can easily make top 6 in my eyes

clint van damme

Next season I think we could get a lot more goals from set if we have Panzo and Rose at the back coming up, that’s definitely threat in the are, and with players like Godden, Walker or Gyo in the box and Hamer or Palmer hovering round the edge. Can definitely see an even higher goals return and rather than relying on comebacks can see many demolishions next season against some of the weaker teams. That said I can also see more goals from Midfield with Sheaf chipping in more and O’hare to find his shooting boots. As long as there are no injury crisis’ then there are many reasons for optimism.

We will have a more successful season if Rose and Panzo can prevent us from conceding as many rather than scoring more.

Defence has been our biggest issue the last 2 seasons.

Samo

Moore Wilson

Its short of senior midfielders

Robccfc87

So in short, if every player scores more goals we should have a higher goal return!
I add to this: If we concede less goals we’ll probably get more points too.

robbiethemole

Kelly's hamstrings must be made from spaghetti, gone in preseason at Oxford. Not sure he will be able to last through the season, hopefully we have some cover in there.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Moore Wilson

IF we replace O’hare adequately and bring the palace bloke in we still have a good chance of competing for top 6

Gint11

We will have a more successful season if Rose and Panzo can prevent us from conceding as many rather than scoring more.

Defence has been our biggest issue the last 2 seasons.

Because we didn’t take enough chances. If you don’t take them, you are putting sustained pressure on the defense. I’ve lost count of the amount of 0-0s where we spurned chance after chance and then conceded

Paxman II

We need a left wing back. Maatsen has sign a season long loan at Burnley of all places. Surprising that, as his progress was so good with us. Now Burnley want our best player? I think we should definately tell Burnley to do one at this rate. :)

clint van damme

Because we didn’t take enough chances. If you don’t take them, you are putting sustained pressure on the defense. I’ve lost count of the amount of 0-0s where we spurned chance after chance and then conceded

We were joint 7th highest scorers but had the 14th best defensive record.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If O'Hare goes we will be stronger in defence but weaker in attack.

So could be a long hard season.

steve101

If O'Hare goes, I think a good start will be even more important in maintaining optimism in the group and on the stands. Our second half of the season wasn't great so we need to get back to that strong start. Keeping players fit will be key. Another of O'Hare's attributes is being physically resilient, which will be missed.
I am hoping Moore is our number one keeper because if not further doubts from the stands will be voiced.

Esoterica

We were joint 7th highest scorers but had the 14th best defensive record.
Overall, we scored as many goals in the last 15 minutes of games as we did in the entire first half of matches though. Conceding a lame goal after battering teams for long periods of the first half was especially problematic at home. Teams we were much better than were regularly still in the game at 60 minutes.

1658093945828.png

In fact, the numbers are worth reminiscing over just for how extreme the stats are!

1658094036835.png

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Overall, we scored as many goals in the last 15 minutes of games as we did in the entire first half of matches though. Conceding a lame goal after battering teams for long periods of the first half was especially problematic at home. Teams we were much better than were regularly still in the game at 60 minutes.

View attachment 25334

In fact, the numbers are worth reminiscing over just for how extreme the stats are!

View attachment 25335

Nice to see you back m8.

SeaSeeEffCee

View attachment 25334

View attachment 25335
This is my biggest concern going into next season. Doesn’t feel like scoring in the 90th min every week is sustainable, and we can’t afford to concede the first goal in games at the same rate we did last season.

rexo87

This is my biggest concern going into next season. Doesn’t feel like scoring in the 90th min every week is sustainable, and we can’t afford to concede the first goal in games at the same rate we did last season.
Yeah true but we were also in the top 6 for XG points. So if we converted as many as we should in the first 89 mins of games in the coming season then the lack of 90+ goals won't be a problem

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Greggs

Walker, Waghorn and Palmer are on a combined 60 grand a week. Let that sink in. We are in the shit and selling our best players to pay the wages of ones that aren't good enough.
Robins to walk in January or possibly sooner. League 1 23/24

SlowerThanPlatt

Moore Wilson

We ideally need to lose one of Waghorn or Walker to get an extra body in midfield Kelly is injured again, Eccles unfortunately is never far away from the treatment table, Howley is a talent but think he will go on loan this season

Users who are viewing this thread