Match Thread Reading (5 Viewers)

Mcbean

Paul Cook - top man he was loving it - knows Robins 😀Mills what a twat - as a ex Reading captain you wouldn’t expect any difference - 3 pints of Moretti enjoyed that !

Brighton Sky Blue

The big thing for me tonight is the team's heads haven't gone down following recent results.
We are going to lose a lot of games, but if we can bounce back like tonight, that is going to be one of our biggest assets.

Massive game against Forest up next, try and get some momentum

Paxman II

What a great win. To beat the table toppers after recent indifferent performances and results surely says we have the ability to compete in this league. It takes time and I have said many times we have the a good squad and one or two are certainly capable at this level. Godden is a goal scorer make no mistake. Sheaf will continue to improve. Hamer is a very good player and we still have Dabo getting back to fitness along with Walker yet to come in and make his impact.
So can we please stop the critical crap that we have seen this last week or so and drop the pessimism ?

Mucca Mad Boys

A few observations on the new 5-3-2 shape from me, for what they’re worth:

1) the 3 CMs gave Hamer and Shipley freedom to get forward and press higher up the pitch
2) offered more protection for the CBs too, as AMs in the pass bypassed relatively easily
3) we were able to keep possession a bit better and work the ball up the pitch slowly up the pitch
4) as a result, the WBs were able to get the ball higher up the pitch
5) Gooden was not isolated. Biamou was able to play a decent role in pressing and flicking the ball on - can play a role
6) having a spare striker allowed a bit more fluidity to cover midfield when one of the CMs was out of position

I thought O’Hare looked good in the 3 CMs when he came on too, he’s got the work rate and bravery to operate well there. Personally, I’d start Hamer, Kelly/Sheaf and COH going forward.

Last edited:

wingy

The big thing for me tonight is the team's heads haven't gone down following recent results.
We are going to lose a lot of games, but if we can bounce back like tonight, that is going to be one of our biggest assets.
Yes you'd just have to.wondrer if the spirit and optimism built from last season was beginning to start to ebb away.

Brighton Sky Blue

What a great win. To beat the table toppers after recent indifferent performances and results surely says we have the ability to compete in this league. It takes time and I have said many times we have the a good squad and one or two are certainly capable at this level. Godden is a goal scorer make no mistake. Sheaf will continue to improve. Hamer is a very good player and we still have Dabo getting back to fitness along with Walker yet to come in and make his impact.
So can we please stop the critical crap that we have seen this last week or so and drop the pessimism ?

Tuesday's performance was bleak. Robins identified the issues, made the necessary changes and motivated the team to get some belief in. The criticism on Tuesday was justified as is the praise tonight

clint van damme

Massively disappointed with the performance tonight.

This will have marked 10 days since I started my diet, including zero bears. Cracked open the first Guinness at 9.45, and I'm already on my third can.

Confidence rapidly ebbing away, I'm afraid.

Why have you knocked bears on the head !

Brighton Sky Blue

Massively disappointed with the performance tonight.

This will have marked 10 days since I started my diet, including zero bears. Cracked open the first Guinness at 9.45, and I'm already on my third can.

Confidence rapidly ebbing away, I'm afraid.

Alright Grylls

larry_david

Delighted to be honest. I'd rather it was 3-1 but like MR said who gives a shit.

I think I love mccallum. Him cropping up with 3-4 goals a season as a wing back is just, well it's magic.

Sheaf is clearly fitter now and is proving to be worth the chase despite that weird ball for their equaliser. We are clearly a work in progress and this will happen.

Shit league 1 teams like Rochdale or minnows Sunderland won't punish mistakes but lucas joao will.

We move forward and I drink more more!

Users who are viewing this thread