Raw Meat (1 Viewer)

Grendel

We can safely say that this rumour Mowbray has actually been interviewed for the Rotherham job is nonsense.

However, let's assume he's on the short list.

If he goes id be pretty happy as I don't see him delivering a promotion charge next season.

The job is a poison chalice though to be fair and before long any manager here is a failure and has raw meat thrown from the gallery.

However, if he goes who comes in?

To me only one option - get Neil warnock - he has always been an obvious choice for this club and why we've never tried is beyond me.

ranvir_PUSB

I would like to get Steve Cotterill, he swept the league with Bristol and he helped them build a foundation in terms of their infrastructure.

Grendel

How do you know he has never been interviewed in the past?

Because I have never known a situation ever when a manager of a club interviewed at another club while still being employed. It would expose Mowbray as being disingenuous and dishonourable at best. Not qualities you'd want of a football manager.

It doesn't happen.

WestEndAgro

Because I have never known a situation ever when a manager of a club interviewed at another club while still being employed. It would expose Mowbray as being disingenuous and dishonourable at best. Not qualities you'd want of a football manager.

It doesn't happen.

I think he was referring to Warnock.

Chipfat

Because I have never known a situation ever when a manager of a club interviewed at another club while still being employed. It would expose Mowbray as being disingenuous and dishonourable at best. Not qualities you'd wan
G

I don't. He questioned the same about Mowbray on another thread.

I was talking about Warnock Gren, but no matter, you think what you want in this perfect football business where all reported is true and all clubs play within moral rules and laws of the game.

Sick Boy

He also has the sense not to come to us. He's been tempted out of retirement a couple of times only because they're clubs he has a connection with.

I remember him being linked with us years and years ago but as yu said, he's too wise to come here.

skybluetony176

He also has the sense not to come to us. He's been tempted out of retirement a couple of times only because they're clubs he has a connection with.

Pretty sure he was quoted as saying he wanted one more season in the championship before retiring. Unless we're going to offer enough money to tempt him out of retirement to a league he didn't want one more year in it ain't going to happen.

JulianDarbyFTW

Didn't Steve Cotterill turn us down once? For that reason alone I'm out (plus he has a very punchable face).

I'd go for Nigel Adkins, if only because he seems like a good fit for a club of our size - similar size to Southampton, similar youth set-up (although less successful).

Kingokings204

I always like the experienced managers myself. Can't beat that experience for me

Captain Dart

It doesn't happen.

Of course the Sheffield Star contradicts your uninformed opinion.. try again on second thoughts don't.
Rotherham United are making approaches to two clubs asking for permission to talk to their managers as they look to name their new boss some time next week.

Interviews with four other candidates have been wrapped up, and the Championship Millers are now taking their search a step further.
image.jpg

Chairman Tony Stewart believes an announcement could be made on Wednesday, although that will depend on how the clubs in question react to Rotherham’s contact and how quickly any ensuing negotiations can be concluded.

“We’ll make the approaches and see what develops over the weekend,” Stewart confirmed.

italiahorse

It doesn't happen.

Evidently he hasn't been approached so it appears it's another horse you have jumped on and raced to the finish line that you set up yourself earlier.

Grendel

Of course the Sheffield Star contradicts your uninformed opinion.. try again on second thoughts don't.

Actually it confirms that he hadn't been interviewed last week as was claimed.

Don't give up - he may yet go - and as you will perceive this to be negative for the club you'll be jerking off for a week on it.

italiahorse

Actually it confirms that he hadn't been interviewed last week as was claimed.

Don't give up - he may yet go - and as you will perceive this to be negative for the club you'll be jerking off for a week on it.

Another argument lost and so the resultant insult. Classic.

hill83

Evidently he hasn't been approached so it appears it's another horse you have jumped on and raced to the finish line that you set up yourself earlier.

Hang on. Grendel has ballsed up by saying that interviews when a manager are still at a club "don't happen". When they do.
And you completely miss an opportunity to take this piss by picking up on something that hasn't happened. Grendel isn't saying that Mowbray has been interviewed, in fact he has been saying the opposite.

What a pair.

italiahorse

Hang on. Grendel has ballsed up by saying that interviews when a manager are still at a club "don't happen". When they do.
And you completely miss an opportunity to take this piss by picking up on something that hasn't happened. Grendel isn't saying that Mowbray has been interviewed, in fact he has been saying the opposite.

What a pair.

I only read the insult at the end. Can't be arsed to read Grendel's waffle it's just another way of getting over his inflammatory point.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Zero chance of Warnock he's only just rejected Rotherham himself, if he takes another job it will be a championship club who he believes he can get promoted to the premier league.

Sick Boy

Didn't Steve Cotterill turn us down once? For that reason alone I'm out (plus he has a very punchable face).

I'd go for Nigel Adkins, if only because he seems like a good fit for a club of our size - similar size to Southampton, similar youth set-up (although less successful).
....and we don't have billions in the bank.

Grendel

What a pair.

I genuinely can't recall where a manager has gone for an actual interview with other candidates - not been offered a job - and returns to the original club as if nothing had happened.

The only interviews are those that are allowed when compensation is agreed and a deal is done to leave.

singers_pore

It doesn't happen.

First, you are wrong. It happens all the time. Players (and managers) are always getting tapped up before the buying club makes an "official approach" to the club that holds the player's registration.

Second, TM went to Rotherham to have a chat with the owner. Whether you or the two clubs want to call that a "formal interview" is really a question of pedantry. The reality is what it is. He went up there to explore alternative employment options.

I said several months ago that TM would be looking to leave in the Summer and I have been proved right.

Grendel

First, you are wrong. It happens all the time. Players (and managers) are always getting tapped up before the buying club makes an "official approach" to the club that holds the player's registration.

Second, TM went to Rotherham to have a chat with the owner. Whether you or the two clubs want to call that a "formal interview" is really a question of pedantry. The reality is what it is. He went up there to explore alternative employment options.

I said several months ago that TM would be looking to leave in the Summer and I have been proved right.

Managers getting tapped up isn't having an interview with other candidates.

There is no evidence at at all to suggest he has had any discussions with them at all.

The Rotherham chairman has openly stated his preferred candidate is someone else.

There is no evidence he is looking to move.

Why are you lying? What is your motive?

Nick

Administrator

Has it been confirmed now?

hill83

I genuinely can't recall where a manager has gone for an actual interview with other candidates - not been offered a job - and returns to the original club as if nothing had happened.

The only interviews are those that are allowed when compensation is agreed and a deal is done to leave.

Surely just with this case alone if they have approached several clubs and staged interviews the managers that don't get the job will be back at their current clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread