Rather humbled (3 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

The CT interview with the Sixfields protesters has left me feeling rather humbled at their stance. It is likely they will face further sanctions and they will feel the pain of not seeing their team(some would say lucky bastards!!!)
Even those of us on the sidelines should acknowledge that this was not an act of violence but a plea for the future of our club.

Covstu

No I agree to a certain extent, family men etc and nice to see they have realised the impact that made on other supporters. People have braking points

pusbccfc

Fair play to them.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As this goes on, I fear more and more breaking point will be reached. Completely understandable in our circumstances.

Kingokings204

Yes I agree. I wouldn't do it but then if pushed enough and when people aren't listened to who knows what you would do? They did what they thought was right. Whether others disagree isn't the point really. The point is some people have felt a need to do this. I find that real and a shame.

Speng

I went to
School with Adam , strangely at school he was an Oldham fan lol , but fair play to you mate PUSB

skyblue1991

Completely disagree.

I think its just pure thuggery; they are not fans and they are using the club's situation as an excuse.

Chant all you want, protest outside of SISU's offices. But disrupting games, making things hostile for both sets of fans (family's especially) & players and putting the club in a bad name is unacceptable in my opinion. The club will loseout because of it, not SISU

I knew five lads that went on Saturday. All used to go to all away games in the last ten years, one had to cut down due to paternity. None will ever attend an away game again after that.

Covstu

As this goes on, I fear more and more breaking point will be reached. Completely understandable in our circumstances.
I think if they charge and ban these guys it would be like cutting the head off the snake. Will anymore carry on doing this, it looked like others were mere sheep and followed these guys but they had a plan of entered the pitch whereas others were more spontaneous.

rondog1973

Completely disagree.

I think its just pure thuggery; they are not fans and they are using the club's situation as an excuse.

Chant all you want, protest outside of SISU's offices. But disrupting games, making things hostile for both sets of fans (family's especially) & players and putting the club in a bad name is unacceptable in my opinion. The club will loseout because of it, not SISU

I knew five lads that went on Saturday. All used to go to all away games in the last ten years, one had to cut down due to paternity. None will ever attend an away game again after that.
They are fans and you and your mates are a bunch of wets.

Speng

Completely disagree.

Bull shit he is a big Ccfc fan goes to virtually every single game home and away , as long as the protests are non violent I say fair play ,

NortonSkyBlue

Completely disagree.

I respect your opinion, thuggery is harsh IMO, I don't condone their actions nor condemn them. Just feel that they felt strongly enough about it to make a stand.
I would suggest that the fans who wont go again need to get a life. Now that is my opinion

Last edited:

The Lurker

Completely disagree.

what a load of drivel

Thuggery? was anyone attacked? No. was anyone injured? No, so how's that thuggery?

what everyone has to remember, the fans in the ground were all season ticket holders and fans who care about ccfc. it's got to the stage where most have just had enough of the plight. football is about passion and there was plenty of passion of the pitch, shame non on the pitch

The Lurker

on a side note, most players didn't even acknowledge the fans after the game and that won't help going forward. Clarke actually showed some passion but that was it

rd45

There was nothing threatening or thuggish about what they did. I was stood with my lad, other kids & families all around me, and everyone was clapping & cheering them on. Fair play to them all. Totally understand all the anger & frustration that makes someone do what they did. Everyone has a breaking point somewhere.

Nick

Administrator
The CT interview with the Sixfields protesters has left me feeling rather humbled at their stance. It is likely they will face further sanctions and they will feel the pain of not seeing their team(some would say lucky bastards!!!)
Even those of us on the sidelines should acknowledge that this was not an act of violence but a plea for the future of our club.

I thought their aim was to try and stop people from going to games anyway?

“If this stops just one more person from going then that is achieving what we wanted to do.”

lord_garrincha

Whether you agree with their actions or not, it was an illegal act and I'm surprised that the CET (even taking into account their anti-SISU stance) brought them into their offices and written a sympathetic piece on their actions. Will they be doing this for all future offenders???

The Lurker

Whether you agree with their actions or not, it was an illegal act and I'm surprised that the CET (even taking into account their anti-SISU stance) brought them into their offices and written a sympathetic piece on their actions. Will they be doing this for all future offenders???

bore off.

tell you what, lets all sit back and do nothing and watch ccfc drop into the 4th tier without a care in the world

rondog1973

Why surprised?

Even at the Sheffield Utd game the Sky commentary team described the pitch invasion as totally understandable.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Most people have too much to lose by going on to the pitch: A ban, a fine, possibly a criminal record. If EVERYONE (I mean thousands) walked onto the pitch in an orderly manner, young , old, families, etc and simply stood in front of the directors box for 5 minutes and then returned to their seats it would have far more impact that a few very angry souls who understandably have reached the end of their tether. Sadly, it wouldn't happen.
As the downward spiral continues, more and more will vent their anger and it won't be via any recognised group like FTJHW etc, it will simply be spontaneous.
As for those people who simply say its against the law and it's outright hooliganism, when this club is relegated from the football league, ask yourself what you did to try and save CCFC.

trevelfarandwide

Completely disagree.

Sorry to jump on you, mate, but how is a non-violent (yet invasive) protest 'thuggery'?

Instead of being dramatic and PC about it, consider that some people have a different and alternate 'tipping point' to some.

Monners

In all fairness, a lot of the Cobblers fans I have spoken to since have said it was understandable and knew it was aimed at Sisu/Fisher. That's not to say that they condoned it.

clint van damme

plenty of protests which have instigated change are illegal.

Nick

Administrator
tell me what you've done to promote our plight to the wider public? everyone keeps slagging off fans making a stance but don't come up with an alternative.

I haven't overused the word plight for starters.

You are the one saying people don't care because they havent run on the pitch with smoke bombs.

lord_garrincha

Why surprised?

Even at the Sheffield Utd game the Sky commentary team described the pitch invasion as totally understandable.
True, but they didn't bring them all in to the Sky Sports News studio days after and make them look like heroes.

Publicising that the owners need to go is one thing... condoning illegal acts is another.

The Lurker

I haven't overused the word plight for starters.

You are the one saying people don't care because they havent run on the pitch with smoke bombs.

so that's a no then. Your slagging them off for going on the pitch in numerous threads including this

Nick

Administrator
so that's a no then. Your slagging them off for going on the pitch in numerous threads including this

Yes, because I don't agree with it and think it is wrong and won't achieve anything. I haven't slagged them off personally, I have disagreed with their actions.

Warwickhunt

would'nt worry about it! he should still turn up for the games on a walkup the stewards are absoloutly useless by the time they find out he has attended matches his ban will be over

rondog1973

True, but they didn't bring them all in to the Sky Sports News studio days after and make them look like heroes.

Publicising that the owners need to go is one thing... condoning illegal acts is another.
It was an illegal act against Sheffield Utd and standard sports broadcasting procedure is for the cameras to pan away from any disruption, so simply by filming they were giving the protests publicity. Doesn't mean either press or TV company were actually condoning it.

Old Warwickshire lad

I can't condone what happened on Saturday. But I refuse to condemn them. I was
there with my 11 year old grandson and never feared for him. In my opinion the
only mistake was the ripping down of the hoarding boards. But when people are
breaking point, things like this will unfortunately happen.

Users who are viewing this thread