Questions For Tony (1 Viewer)

idm1975

I enjoyed last night. Food was ok, good laugh with mowbary. Made me laugh when he called job a lunatic. Although he did say job would go mental after some games when we lost and literally had a go swearing at players when there was no need for it
He threw a wobbly on the pitch at Southend, after the third goal, at bigi and it had nothing to do with him at all.

stupot07

I enjoyed last night. Food was ok, good laugh with mowbary. Made me laugh when he called job a lunatic. Although he did say job would go mental after some games when we lost and literally had a go swearing at players when there was no need for it

Sounds like JOB won't be playing for us again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

roo

He said Reda, if he's with us next year, will be on low basic and more pay as we play basis.

Said Joe Cole costs us net to nothing - we have two loans where one is nothing and the other is a £1 a week.

Said JOB is destructive to team as he drains the confidence of those around him.

Said the basis of his football philosophy was Humility... Everyone makes mistakes and everyone can improve... But you have to first recognize that yourself and in others...

Otis

The one thing I haven't liked about JOB, that of his bawling at those around him.

Hadn't seen as much of that this year though to be fair.

roo

mogga said that he has long chats about football with JOB, but JOB knows everything about football and is never wrong. So for Mogga while JOB can't stick to playing in the position he's told to then he's not going to start. Hence JOB wanting away and Mogga's cool with that.

He spoke a lot about Jacob Murphy and used Marcus Bent as an example... Said Bent had it all but stopped doing the things that made him the player he was. Thought he had made it and didn't need to put in the hard work anymore... He thinks Murphy is similar, scores 10 goals and doesn't have to do all the other stuff...

Most interesting comments was on Agents... Didn't reveal the details but talked about how clubs get into debt with agents. Then how that affects the clubs recruitment. an agent will get 10s or 100s of thousands from a deal, but would get it in installments... When the deal is done the club has money and revenue streams... Relegation and cost cutting cuts the revenue stream but the agent has to be paid. That puts agents in a position of power club wants loan, player wants loan, loaning club wants it, but agent won't let it happen unless they get something... Exclusive rights to the club, or payment of some debt...

Also said there were good agents...

dongonzalos

I don't agreed JOB fitted with TMs method of being positive, and getting the best out of players. JOB was never wrong, never at fault, and very angry at times. Wanted to play every second of every game.
i believe the dressing room will be a better place without him, so let's see if the results show that.
Arma has a lot to do to improve, with his off the ball play, needs to watch and learn from the really world class strikers, for when he is up against quick defenders that he will be finding at a higher level.
He certainly knows his stuff, and has a real passion and love for the game. I was impressed. He does talk a lot, and in depth and honestly.
Best player he has ever worked with (question from me) Gary Pallister.

Thanks

SkyBlue_Bear83

I wonder what job does to the others

It's obvious isn't it, runs around screaming at everyone and then doesn't like it if someone does it back. Some may call call it passion but when you have young, fragile players who dont have thick skin, I'm thinking players like Phillips, Murphy, Bigirimana and Haynes etc. it obviously effects there game.

Some may answer that with if they can't take the criticism then they shouldn't be here, but they are here and we need to get the best out of them.

dongonzalos

mogga said that he has long chats about football with JOB, but JOB knows everything about football and is never wrong. So for Mogga while JOB can't stick to playing in the position he's told to then he's not going to start. Hence JOB wanting away and Mogga's cool with that.

He spoke a lot about Jacob Murphy and used Marcus Bent as an example... Said Bent had it all but stopped doing the things that made him the player he was. Thought he had made it and didn't need to put in the hard work anymore... He thinks Murphy is similar, scores 10 goals and doesn't have to do all the other stuff...

Most interesting comments was on Agents... Didn't reveal the details but talked about how clubs get into debt with agents. Then how that affects the clubs recruitment. an agent will get 10s or 100s of thousands from a deal, but would get it in installments... When the deal is done the club has money and revenue streams... Relegation and cost cutting cuts the revenue stream but the agent has to be paid. That puts agents in a position of power club wants loan, player wants loan, loaning club wants it, but agent won't let it happen unless they get something... Exclusive rights to the club, or payment of some debt...

Also said there were good agents...

Thanks

Brylowes

Sounds like he sees JOB as a bully, you can see how that would drain
confidence, especially with so many youngsters.
I liked JOB but you never know what goes on behind closed doors,
obviously he won't play here again.
If TM pinpointed him/this as being detrimental to the squad , then I
think it's got to be a good thing.

stupot07

Did he get asked about the Maddison deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

Because, of course, scoring a worldie and defending poorly are mutually exclusive.
Not saying he hasn't got issue's, just think picking a game he scored a great goal in is not the best example to use.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

roo

He said he asked Joy why when you are building a squad for the future you would sell your assets...

Someone asked if he was confident that money would be reinvested in the team and the answer (after a long perambulate) was basically he didn't really know... Didn't have any guarantees.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not saying he hasn't got issue's, just think picking a game he scored a great goal in is not the best example to use.

Why? It was one of his first matches and the first match I seen him play. I remember saying on here directly after the match, goal aside he was very poor throughout that match and he would have to improve his game.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Why? It was one of his first matches and the first match I seen him play. I remember saying on here directly after the match, goal aside he was very poor throughout that match and he would have to improve his game.
Because he has had worse games than Walsall

SkyBlue_Bear83

Because he has had worse games than Walsall

Maybe, as I say goal aside that performance was up there as one of his poorer matches. Anyway I think it makes a good comparison to see how the player has progressed since August. He was very poor in that match, then we seen what I thought was a steady improvement, learning and getting better every week. I'm thinking at the Gillingham match if he continues progressing he's going to be an absolutely massive player in the second half of the season but since probably that match he seems to be going backwards towards his Walsall performance with the occasional flash of skill reminding us of what he can do.

The Walsall match is actually not a bad match to sum up his whole season, the occasional flash of brilliance amongst a lot of mediocrity and poor performances.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It always felt like Mowbray didn't really like JOB, and from his explanation I can understand where he's coming from. It just gives me the impression that because he didn't like his personality he didn't play him. It's not like he hasn't played this season, but he probably should have had more minutes given his ability and normally positive impact on the team. There were times I think we were crying out for his passion to win games. I think a lot of people on here would of agreed with that six weeks ago, but I'm not so sure now. The attitude change is a quite concerning actually.

You have to have a good balance in the team, but there are some players who don't have enough desire to win or play for the team in my opinion, and sometimes you need to have a player that's going to kick them up the arse. Maybe JOB is too far the other way, but he would never ever give up and always went stupid mental with encouragement whenever we scored a goal.

Should we get to the playoffs we will need some of that war fought mentality JOB offered.

dongonzalos

He said Reda, if he's with us next year, will be on low basic and more pay as we play basis.

Said Joe Cole costs us net to nothing - we have two loans where one is nothing and the other is a £1 a week.

Said JOB is destructive to team as he drains the confidence of those around him.

Said the basis of his football philosophy was Humility... Everyone makes mistakes and everyone can improve... But you have to first recognize that yourself and in others...

He was very open and frank by the sounds of it.

dongonzalos

He said he asked Joy why when you are building a squad for the future you would sell your assets...

Someone asked if he was confident that money would be reinvested in the team and the answer (after a long perambulate) was basically he didn't really know... Didn't have any guarantees.

That doesnt sound great

covcity4life

Very interesting. Good news about reda and job. Positive moves it seems

But Maddison thing clearly was a mistake imo!

Chipfat

Did he say what Joy's response was?

I think Maddison being sold is Joy's answers. I said it at the time how can you build foundations when you are cashing in on anyone who has interest from others clubs. But some will believe reinvestmant and selling the best players is the way forward. TM has said he has no guantee's, sound's like robbins all over again, progression halted by the powers that be, WHY? would be my question.

And i think its been touched on here TF stated the structure in place does not suit of fit a Championship club. If this is the case TM will see the season out and depending on where we are will walk away at the first offer he has.

Sick Boy

And i think its been touched on here TF stated the structure in place does not suit of fit a Championship club. If this is the case TM will see the season out and depending on where we are will walk away at the first offer he has.

We are tenants in a stadium owned by a franchise rugby club, what do you expect?

A lot of posters haven't seemed to have minded as they see it as someone getting one over on sisu. However the eventually will soon begin to dawn on them and the long term consequences this will have for us.

covcity4life

Let's just hope we are in championship next year and that's enough to keep mowbray here

Whilst we are on low rent deal it might be our only chance to have a good season in championship

DazzleTommyDazzle

We are tenants in a stadium owned by a franchise rugby club, what do you expect?

A lot of posters haven't seemed to have minded as they see it as someone getting one over on sisu. However the eventually will soon begin to dawn on them and the long term consequences this will have for us.

If if we take TF's comments at face value, doesn't it make it even more strange that nothing (as far as we can see) has been done about a new stadium?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep people get angry at SISU when they hear people say that the current financial model wouldn't work in league 1. Some then cheer on Wasps and the council and sing their praises not realising it is the rental deal and stadium ownership which is partly the cause.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If if we take TF's comments at face value, doesn't it make it even more strange that nothing (as far as we can see) has been done about a new stadium?

I'd say so yes, it's a difficult situation for the club assuming they are actually being serious about the new stadium which people aren't convinced they are. The council will do everything legally in their power to make sure we can't build in Coventry, and if they build even an inch outside the boundary people then claim the club would be dead to them.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The real reason our model won't work in the championship is that to get on in that league owners have to put shed loads of their own money in. Considering that we are now a "self sufficient club" that's. Not going to happen is it?

Grendel

The real reason our model won't work in the championship is that to get on in that league owners have to put shed loads of their own money in. Considering that we are now a "self sufficient club" that's. Not going to happen is it?

And the reason we will never have owners who will put shed loads of money is is that we have no fixed asset in ground ownership.

The reason for that is that the council wanted a buyer not interested in buying their share of the ground.

So it never was going to happen was it?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

And the reason we will never have owners who will put shed loads of money is is that we have no fixed asset in ground ownership.

The reason for that is that the council wanted a buyer not interested in buying their share of the ground.

So it never was goinygg to happen was it?

So why no interest apparent interest in Wolves,surely by your reasoning own their ground championship club people should be falling over themselves to buy them?

chiefdave

So why no interest apparent interest in Wolves,surely by your reasoning own their ground championship club people should be falling over themselves to buy them?

Maybe the better question would be why would anyone be interested in purchasing us when the likes of Wolves, Brum and Villa are up for sale?

roo

Talked about budget for championship clubs... Derby, Middlesbrough etc £35m plus... We'll be on £5m. So it's going to be challenging...

His approach is to build a team with a core that can go through the division... The challenge is how-to do that on the budget and with so many out of contract

Users who are viewing this thread