Pub's now and then. (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

For me:
Then Vauxhall Tavern
Now Dhillons Brewery

Boosh

I was once in the Churchill Arms in London at the same time as Anastasia Kingsnorth

Last edited:

Grendel

Then - Stoke Conservative Club (member when 18)
Now - Old Shephard

covhead1

My locals were the Albany and the Cottage in Earlsdon. Albany never recovered its former glory, the Cottage destroyed
especially closing the garden
The Albany!!!
Played a few games of pool upstairs in that place, but jeez that was a few years ago probably back in the 80s!
Also used the Port of Call, interesting pub especially when the fair came to town.

Sky_Blue_Daz

If anyone drinks in and around Keresley before a game I can recommend the coronation club , used to love the convoy back in the day

Grendel

letsallsingtogether

Late 70s when I was 16 used to meet up The Climax before the game then moved on in the 80s to the Godiva ( Dive )

Remember WBA ans coming into the Climax and being chased out by a load of greasy bikers who never cared for football,
Oh those were the days.

clint van damme

The Albany!!!
Played a few games of pool upstairs in that place, but jeez that was a few years ago probably back in the 80s!
Also used the Port of Call, interesting pub especially when the fair came to town.

Before pubs opened all day the Port was allowed to open all day one day a year, the Wednesday of Whitsun week due to some by law to do with the fair. It was known as 'Gyppo day'.

Was always fun and games that day.

LastGarrison

Our merry gang used the Rose and Crown on Walsgrave Rd for many years circa 1989- 2003 before walking up to HR through Ball Hill .
Rose and Crown was our main one as well unless we decided to go into town and then it was either the Beer Engine, Gosford or the Hand and Heart.

Randomly, went through a stage of using the Hare and Squirrel for a while as well as it was cheap as chips and had a jukebox.

Hobo

What was the pub (before they built Sky Blue Way) on the left out of City oppostite Gosford Green, just before King Richard Street? Often mobbed by away fans on matchday. Binley Oak always seemed to attract away fans too

robbiethemole

Mercers Arms, just over from HR, if we worked Saturday am, used to meet the lads from the Jag there before and after games. In the spring after games, always dropped into Brandon on the way home to Rugby.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Mercers Arms, just over from HR, if we worked Saturday am, used to meet the lads from the Jag there before and after games. In the spring after games, always dropped into Brandon on the way home to Rugby.

Me and my friends would do the same, walk to pool meadow to get the bus to Brandon, made a long day and night of it.

Loads of beer. 🍺🍺🍺

Users who are viewing this thread