Protest Thread 20/7/13 (1 Viewer)

luwalla

well exceeded expectations today.. i thought there was 5k plus there easy, and noisy too!

great day & really glad i made the effort ... i did have a "whats the point" moment last night, but gave myself a kick up the rear end & dragged he family up this morning!

RichieGunns

Gutted I couldn't be there. I work late nights on Gosford street serving alcohol to you drunken reprobates and didn't get into bed till 7 this morning. But I awoke to these glorious pictures and it makes me proud to be a Sky Blue Fan! You guys and gals did a wonderful job! PUSB!

ajsccfc

The SBT twitter estimates between 5-7000 overall. I would have guessed at 1500-2000 tops beforehand too, so that's some pretty good going to say the least.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I parked in Highfield Road- both a sentimental and symbolic journey- I walked down Nicholls St- through the alley at the back of the old west end- into King Richard Street- a walk I'd made every other Saturday for 27 years- and although it had been 8 years(?) since I'd walked that walk, it felt like only yesterday. Full of emotion I crossed the Walsgrave Road, with a sea of sky blue before me and I remembered after all these years of turmoil what it meant and then... the first rendition of the Sky Blue Song.. 'fraid I crumbled and couldn't sing.
Thanks SBT for organising the march and for reinstalling in me what was in danger of being drowned by the bureaucrats.

PUSB

Samo

Just got home, it's been a nightmare week trying to pull this together. One day someone will spill the beans but that's for another day. This wasn't a Trust protest, if only the board members turn up its not a protest its a few fans having a get together and a walk. Coventry fans made this what it was today. Every single one that turned up. Every one that couldn't but sent best wishes. My job was to make sure the girls and the horses were ok (thankless task but someone had to do it :) ) so my mind was elsewhere for much of the rally. When the girls crossed the road into the park and the SBA started singing. I near shit myself thinking the horses would go mental but it was spine tingling. I got a lump in my throat. Once the march had started we waited to bring up the rear with the horse box, and we waited and waited and waited. Watching the SBA on the march not seeing where it started was a sight to behold.
Great turn out,
I'm going to have a few beers tonight :)
PUSB

Well you Sir, can sleep easy in your bed tonight. Anyone of a sky blue persuasion should be grateful to you and your fellow organisers today. Well done and thank you.

ajsccfc

One nice tie-in for me was that it was the most Cov fans in this kind of setting since the FA Cup parade, and I was at Gosford Park for that too. Fewer permed mullets today though, thankfully.

J

Jack Griffin

I parked in Highfield Road- both a sentimental and symbolic journey- I walked down Nicholls St- through the alley at the back of the old west end- into King Richard Street- a walk I'd made every other Saturday for 27 years- and although it had been 8 years(?) since I'd walked that walk, it felt like only yesterday. Full of emotion I crossed the Walsgrave Road, with a sea of sky blue before me and I remembered after all these years of turmoil what it meant and then... the first rendition of the Sky Blue Song.. 'fraid I crumbled and couldn't sing.
Thanks SBT for organising the march and for reinstalling in me what was in danger of being drowned by the bureaucrats.

PUSB

No don't mate, Nicholls St family lived there till I was 4 then moved to Whitley.. got piccy of me in back garden with corrugated fence at back, behind that of course was the West End. Have some early memories of it all.. & so do my (older) cousins who lived in same street and kept watch on bikes left in their back garden for people who went to match & paid a penny for the service.. though my cousins told me they didn't really watch the bikes & went into the ground to see second half after they opened the turnstiles..

#ChokedUp #DifferentTimes

procdoc

Days like today make me proud to be a sky blue. Gutted I couldn't make it but I hope Fisher, the FL and everyone supporting the Northampton move got the message loud and clear

CJ_covblaze

Can not thank everyone enough that came. This shows what can be achieved. Was feeling a bit emotional at times. Pleased all the hard work and time has paid off.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Totally agree. Just got back from holiday today so this is the first I had heard about it, so obviously didn't make it myself. Just watched the video and brought tears to my eyes Keep Coventry in Coventry! CTID

Days like today make me proud to be a sky blue. Gutted I couldn't make it but I hope Fisher, the FL and everyone supporting the Northampton move got the message loud and clear

sky_blue_up_north

Brilliant day, so proud of everyone who was there. We have to keep the pressure with the #notonepennymore. I truly believe we can win this battle but we have to stay united, buying seasons tickets or attending any games at Northampton just helps SISU... please think really hard about what you are doing if you buy one. If we can keep the gates really small we will back SISU into corner where they have to negotiate. By doing this you are SUPPORTING the team. We can make it happen, United We Stand, Divided We Fall....

Nonleagueherewecome

ihyqcAu.jpg

I think I want this as my new wallpaper...dunno what the landlord will think!

Nonleagueherewecome

It was great to see so many people coming together in the right spirit; even if nothing was to come of it, it's still just nice to see it happen in the first place. Now, let's go back to slagging each other off on the internet!

Shut up, big-nose :D

Nonleagueherewecome

Just got home, it's been a nightmare week trying to pull this together. One day someone will spill the beans but that's for another day. This wasn't a Trust protest, if only the board members turn up its not a protest its a few fans having a get together and a walk. Coventry fans made this what it was today. Every single one that turned up. Every one that couldn't but sent best wishes. My job was to make sure the girls and the horses were ok (thankless task but someone had to do it :) ) so my mind was elsewhere for much of the rally. When the girls crossed the road into the park and the SBA started singing. I near shit myself thinking the horses would go mental but it was spine tingling. I got a lump in my throat. Once the march had started we waited to bring up the rear with the horse box, and we waited and waited and waited. Watching the SBA on the march not seeing where it started was a sight to behold.
Great turn out,
I'm going to have a few beers tonight :)
PUSB

Beers well earnt! And Trust £1 well spent for your hard work today alone. Thanks. :)

speedie87

Great day, you can't kill a club as a club is it fans and together the spirit will live on

They shan't defeat us we'll fight to till the game is won.

Users who are viewing this thread