Prison of measured time latest blog (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Excellent blogs very informative, good to read something that doesn't take sides. Keep up the good work.

duffer

Cheers Dale. I had just finished a post about further questions raised from the forums but then that seemed a bit out of date...

Has ruined my Saturday...

Well written, as ever. Personally, I think there's still more to come, and the Administration may be far from over with CVA voting and legal issues yet to be resolved.

But that's just me, and maybe I'm seeing what I want to see. If I didn't have some sort of selective amnesia, I surely wouldn't still be a skyblues fan. ;)

psgm1

Banned
Yet another fascinating article squirrel (just watched the scientology documentary - I presume squirrel doesn't mean you are a scientology heretic!).

Assuming all your facts are spot on, it validates my view that SISU need the arena, whilst ACL don't need SiSU.

If you think about it though this is a no-brainer. All you have to do is look how much the NEC charges just a few miles down the road. It's around £150/m2! With the pitch measurements of 105x68 (if memory serves) it makes an astonishing £1,072,000 per event!

In other words, take away the pitch add a roof, and bam - one event will pretty much pay what sky blues pay now! How many events could it hold a year with a roof?

Why else do you think sisu want to keep the team? Does anyone truly believe there is a profit to be made solely on a struggling league 1 team with an alienated fan base and no home ground?

If anything there is a question around why they should even offer the team thbe space at all! With sisu in charge it is stunting the earning potential of the venue!

That said I want the team at the Ricoh. It is the home of CCFC. If they move out of coventry, then quite simply it is not coventry city anymore!

And that being the case, if it isn't ccfc, what reason is there to support it? It will be a new entity, its in league 1, and has a poor manager and a weak squad! And what will the tickets cost?

If I want to watch lower league football, I might as well support a team more local to me! I support the team that won the FA Cup. There is no history or any loyalty I owe to this new entity.

I make no bones about it, if they do move that's it as far as I concern. And I am guessing this is the majority view. All I can hope for is that wiser council is taken and the League block the move.

If not then ACL should bite the bullet and make it an out and out exhibition centre. Sisu
must NEVER be allowed to own the arena. That would be the final betrayal of the city

cofastreecity

excellent piece of work, lots more digging to do, start to link current directors with the past SISU ones and it will take you to many dark places

Grendel

Yet another fascinating article squirrel (just watched the scientology documentary - I presume squirrel doesn't mean you are a scientology heretic!).

Assuming all your facts are spot on, it validates my view that SISU need the arena, whilst ACL don't need SiSU.

If you think about it though this is a no-brainer. All you have to do is look how much the NEC charges just a few miles down the road. It's around £150/m2! With the pitch measurements of 105x68 (if memory serves) it makes an astonishing £1,072,000 per event!

In other words, take away the pitch add a roof, and bam - one event will pretty much pay what sky blues pay now! How many events could it hold a year with a roof?

Why else do you think sisu want to keep the team? Does anyone truly believe there is a profit to be made solely on a struggling league 1 team with an alienated fan base and no home ground?

If anything there is a question around why they should even offer the team thbe space at all! With sisu in charge it is stunting the earning potential of the venue!

That said I want the team at the Ricoh. It is the home of CCFC. If they move out of coventry, then quite simply it is not coventry city anymore!

And that being the case, if it isn't ccfc, what reason is there to support it? It will be a new entity, its in league 1, and has a poor manager and a weak squad! And what will the tickets cost?

If I want to watch lower league football, I might as well support a team more local to me! I support the team that won the FA Cup. There is no history or any loyalty I owe to this new entity.

I make no bones about it, if they do move that's it as far as I concern. And I am guessing this is the majority view. All I can hope for is that wiser council is taken and the League block the move.

If not then ACL should bite the bullet and make it an out and out exhibition centre. Sisu
must NEVER be allowed to own the arena. That would be the final betrayal of the city

So on the one hand you say the taxpayers money is tied into the Ricoh (not true) and then say borrow millions upon millions to put on a roof. You truly are a clueless moron aren't you?

DaleM

I actually agree with your sentiments on this one ( And no mention of the trust too) Well done.:p

Skybluesquirrel

good read but we already know the content not happy

Thanks for all the kind words, as ever. I'm trying to strike a balance between what posters on here already know - on the whole pretty well informed by the debate and discussion on here. I get a lot of traffic now from twitter, facebook and covmad etc, places where they perhaps rely on the Telegraph or Stuart 'Impartial is my middle name' Linnell. Not so well informed I feel.

@richh87

Great read squirrel. Do you have a twitter account for the website? Would like to follow it.

Skybluesquirrel

Another new post has gone up

http://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpr...re-the-chances-of-passing-a-late-fitness-test

The pressure needs to be applied to the government through the DCMS. If they were to pressure Companies House to use the law to prosecute for the late submissions and filing of documents, the companies and directors then would all receive criminal records, forcing the FL to act.

This will then prevent later action and possible legislation from the government that would have far wider implications for the authorities...

Users who are viewing this thread