Printers In Coventry (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

My step Dad died recently and I am doing some stuff for his funeral. In the 50s he started as an apprentice in a printers in Coventry, but can't remember the name of it. The printworks were in Mile Lane, I think. Maybe Eaton Road. Can anyone remember what it was called?

torchomatic

NorthernWisdom

My step Dad died recently and I am doing some stuff for his funeral. In the 50s he started as an apprentice in a printers in Coventry, but can't remember the name of it. The printworks were in Mile Lane, I think. Maybe Eaton Road. Can anyone remember what it was called?
Coventry History Centre have some apprenticeship records. Have a quick search on their catalogue. Home - Coventry Collections

Kneeza

I might have met him, as we used to use Edwards' a lot in the seventies (if he was still there).
Sorry to hear of your loss.

torchomatic

This place can be a force for good!

Sorry for your loss Torchy.

Thanks Clint. Very sad, but he had dementia, so hadn't been 'with us' for a while. Massive City fan (started going in 53) with a comedy name. He'll be on the scoreboard for the Brum game.

torchomatic

I might have met him, as we used to use Edwards' a lot in the seventies (if he was still there).
Sorry to hear of your loss.

He'd left by then. He and his mate started their own printers and moved their business to Southam.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread