Dasilva -1
Eccles 3
Latibeaudiere 3
O’Hare 4
Sakamoto N/A
Simms 4
Wright 4

Can’t be arsed to do the subs.

I refuse to mark Simms and Wright up for ‘putting it around a bit’ as I know many will when m the former has the first touch of a forklift and the latter forgot what football was whenever he got near the opposition box.

Winny the Bish

Wilson - 3 - Decided to start taking command of his box after the 3rd goal. Cheers Ben.

MVE - 5 - Provided an outlet. Least worst of the back 4. Our best attacking threat and he played fucking right back.

Thomas - 1 - Fucking hell he was shite. Stopped playing after the own goal. Like literally gave up.

Binks - 3 - Also bad but not as bad as the others.

Dasilva - 2 - Terrible. Who takes risks in their 6 yard box?

Lati - 5 - Not bad actually. Actually tried in the 2nd half. Yes the bar is this low.

Eccles - 4 - Poor in possession, bypassed by PNE attacks time and time again.

Saka - No score - hope he’s not badly hurt.

O’Hare - 5 - Cannot remember one thing he did. Considered also giving him no score because of how anonymous he was.

Wright - 5 - Same as O’Hare.

Simms - 5 - Had potentially the worst service we’ve given a striker since Russell Slade was at the club.

Blind-Faith

Wilson 4
Jds 3
Binks 6
Thomas 4
Mve 5
Eccles 5
Lati 4
Wright 5
Ohare 5
Palmer 4
Simms 6

An Absolute shocker of a night

steve101

Wilson 5
Van Ewijk 6
Thomas 4
Binks 6
Dasilva 4
Eccles 6
Latibeudiere 6
O'Hare 6
Sakamoto 5
Simms 5.5
Wright 5.5

Bidwell 6
Godden 5
Palmer 6
Torp 7
Kelly 6

Referee awful

slowpoke

Robins needed to be bolder second half, should have brought Kitching on earlier played a back three & moved Binks forward and Torp on a lot earlier.
Binks can run with the ball at his feet and can pass, he’s had better games than tonight admittedly but it needed something different.
But there were also some poor displays from senior players Thomas & Palmer were awful.
Gives MR some serious thinking.
Did Wright touch the ball second half ?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Disqualified myself from giving ratings but I will say, this bringing everyone back for corners can get in the bin. Concede anyway and if you win the ball it’s coming right back at you anyway.

Also means the box is crowded so a clown like Wilson is even more exposed

pusbccfc

Hard to score them.

Obvious shockers from Thomas, JDS, Binks and Wilson.

Zero midfield.

O'Hare was poor.

Simms did better on the ball than I've seen him. Clearly little pressure on him and that helped.

Ref was pathetic. Lucky it didn't boil over.

pusbccfc

Disqualified myself from giving ratings but I will say, this bringing everyone back for corners can get in the bin. Concede anyway and if you win the ball it’s coming right back at you anyway.

Yep, I thought Robins had learnt from that. We win all the headers and then it returns to a Preston player every time.

larry_david

Agreed with the corners thing. It's pathetic

Diogenes

Wilson 3
MVE 5
Thomas 3
Binks 4
Dasilva 3
Latibeaudiere 4
Eccles 5
O’Hare 5
Saka NA
Simms 6
Wright 5

Palmer 4
Bidwell 5
Godden 5
Torp 6

MR - 3

SBT

There is no way we are actually that bad but after a game like that you have to seriously question the true potential of players like Simms, Binks, Thomas, Van Ewijk and Simms. And you have to question whether Wilson and Dasilva should be playing for us at all.

Brighton Sky Blue

There is no way we are actually that bad but after a game like that you have to seriously question the true potential of players like Simms, Binks, Thomas, Van Ewijk and Simms. And you have to question whether Wilson and Dasilva should be playing for us at all.
Dasilva works in games where his lack of height won’t be exploited. Which is very few as of late.

SBT

Simms had a good game… just got no service.
His first touch is truly horrendous, I don’t see how you could say he did well tonight. I think he’s got potential but his ceiling is way lower than I thought it was at the start of the season.

skybluecam

His first touch is truly horrendous, I don’t see how you could say he did well tonight. I think he’s got potential but his ceiling is way lower than I thought it was at the start of the season.
If you only realised his first touch is horrendous tonight you haven’t been watching.

He put himself about, won first balls and actually played a few nice passes.

SBT

If you only realised his first touch is horrendous tonight you haven’t been watching.

He put himself about, won first balls and actually played a few nice passes.
I’ve been quite supportive of Simms this season but I think that’s very generous

ptr

Ben Wilson kicking the ball long to Sakamoto forcing him to challenge in the air - 1

Fucking woeful.

Seamus1

Wilson 4 - a clown off the pitch, and a clown on it
van Ewijk 5 - offered an outlet, but the times he did get to cross it, the end product was sub-par
Thomas 4 - offered some forward runs in the second half, playing further forward after Latibeaudiere dropped back
Binks 4 - sorry, I just don’t see what others see in him. Looks weak, no physical presence, was bullied. No idea why some are calling for him to be signed permanently, when I think we have kept only one clean sheet with him in the team
DaSilva 3 - obviously at fault for the second and his error led to the corner for the first. Made one or two runs in the first half, but looked drained of confidence and his side was exploited…as it always seems to be! MR take note!

Defence was awful, I said to those I went with before the game, it looked weak. Left side in particular was abysmal. Only got a clean sheet vs Stoke, because their attack is shite!

Latibeaudiere 4 - was anonymous first half, no protective shield, preston just ran through the midfield at will. Better second half when he dropped back into the back line. Not captain material.
Eccles 3 - awful player. Offers no cover to help the defence, offers no forward play, any momentum stops with him. Shocking attempt in the first half that Jonny Wilkinson would have been proud of. Atrocious at set piece delivery. What is the point of him? No doubt the ‘one of our own’ lot will come on and defend him, but if he was called Pepe le pew and we got him on a free from a French club, he would be rightly pilloried. Clearly shows that Hamer last season, and sheaf this season made him look good by them being outstanding so it looked as if he were capable. Ask him to take on responsibility and be a force in midfield and he is nowhere, offering sod all impact on a game

Sakamoto 5 - some nice touches, some good link up play with O’Hare and van Ewijk. Obviously went off injured, hope it’s not too serious
O’Hare 5 - tried to drive the team forward and create something, but was often having to take on one too many PNE players
Wright 5 - showed willing, if people mark Godden as a 7 for the amount of times he just ran down channels offering no end product, then Wright deserves at least a 5

Simms 6 - was a presence up front, physical, showing some fight

Subs
Palmer 5 - similar to O’Hare, just tried to take on too many people. Looked like he was on a mission when he came in, then faded
Bidwell 6 - left side looked more assured with him there, although I don’t think Preston were really trying in the second half (they did not need to)
Torp 5 - one or two good passes, but was often too deep with two or three PNE players around him.
Godden 4 - fed up with him now. If he had his heels up as much as he threw his arms up in the air, maybe he wouldn’t be dispossessed so easily. Flat footed, never on his toes

Collins, Kitching, Bidwell, Kelly in for Maidstone

Last edited:

lacesoutdom

havent bene for a while, but went this evening. really poor, ref was shocking, we were literally on the back foot from 1min. we continued to play it in the air, and also hoof it long went we won zero headers and second balls. awful evening.

Wilson 4
Van Ewijk 4
Thomas 4
Binks 4
Dasilva 2 (was awful today)
Eccles 4
Latibeaudiere 4
O’Hare 4
Sakamoto 4
Simms 5
Wright 5

Colin Steins Smile

Wilson 3 …. Glued to his goal line
MVE….. 5
Da Silva 1 … a liability
Thomas 5
Binks 5
Eccles 4
Latibeaudiere 5
Saka n/a …… I really hope that injury is not career ending.
O’Hare 6
Simms 7
Wright 6

Godden 3 …. Invisible
Palmer 5
Bidwell 5

Referee 0 …. Was he a wrestling ref?

Users who are viewing this thread