Pressley (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

3 wins in a row now for sp. were we a little harsh on him ?

Sick Boy

He got a lot of unfair stick from the experts on here. He didn't just turn into a bad manager overnight and will do well in the game, he deserves massive credit for getting us through the points deductions and Sixfields

That being said, he lost it at the end here and we made the right decision.

RFC

They lost today and he doesn't even have even more than one win in a row since he joined. Oops!

Yes he does with Richard Wood on loan (recalled by Rotherham & immediately loaned out to Chesterfield) who won at Fleetwoid.

He'll manage at the highest level, Premiership & ultimately National manager Scotland IMHO

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes he does with Richard Wood on loan (recalled by Rotherham & immediately loaned out to Chesterfield) who won at Fleetwoid.

He'll manage at the highest level, Premiership & ultimately National manager Scotland IMHO

What are you blabbering on about? I don't even understand what you are saying and I'm struggling to see what Richard Wood has to do with it.

The OP says he has won 3 in a row, he hasn't even won more than one in a row and that is fact.

D

Deleted member 2477

sorry guys had a few beers and misread the result. Yes i did see presley for two seasons so im not sugesting we should have him back

Grendel

He may manage in the west Lothian Premiership and the only national management job he would get would be if a vacancy occurred in San Marino.

Stop talking total bollocks.

skybluedan

Have a word with yourself will ya

Astute

He got a lot of unfair stick from the experts on here. He didn't just turn into a bad manager overnight and will do well in the game, he deserves massive credit for getting us through the points deductions and Sixfields

That being said, he lost it at the end here and we made the right decision.

Unfair stick?

He did well with us when we had the best two strikers in the division. But do you remember how the rest of the players did? Scoring 4 goals didn't mean we would win. He was found out once he didn't have the best strikers in the division. We were having games without even a shot on target. Yet he was telling us how well we had played :facepalm:

SP's commitment was there for everyone to see. I can't think of any other good points though. If we were losing he wouldn't make any subs until it was too late normally. Or if he did he would make the wrong ones. How about when we were losing, a penalty against us and IIRC GK sent off. He took his only striker off :thinking about:

Does anyone think we would be challenging this season if we would have kept him? Does anyone think he would have made the difference yesterday like TM did? Would SP even have managed to keep us up last season as we were on a very bad run and looking down.

You say he didn't turn into a bad manager overnight. You are right. He was never a good manager. He just got lucky to have Wilson and Clarke at the same time. Supporters at his previous club were happy to have us poach him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Unfair stick?

He did well with us when we had the best two strikers in the division. But do you remember how the rest of the players did? Scoring 4 goals didn't mean we would win. He was found out once he didn't have the best strikers in the division. We were having games without even a shot on target. Yet he was telling us how well we had played :facepalm:

SP's commitment was there for everyone to see. I can't think of any other good points though. If we were losing he wouldn't make any subs until it was too late normally. Or if he did he would make the wrong ones. How about when we were losing, a penalty against us and IIRC GK sent off. He took his only striker off :thinking about:

Does anyone think we would be challenging this season if we would have kept him? Does anyone think he would have made the difference yesterday like TM did? Would SP even have managed to keep us up last season as we were on a very bad run and looking down.

You say he didn't turn into a bad manager overnight. You are right. He was never a good manager. He just got lucky to have Wilson and Clarke at the same time. Supporters at his previous club were happy to have us poach him.

We might have been challenging but in league 2 he was taking us down, imagine how weak team we would have had in L2!

skybluelee

According to the BBC we had 28 shots on goal today (which feels about right). That took around half a season under Pressley and should therefore answer the OPs question.

Hobo

Nick shouldn't this be on a football other thread as it is a load of bitching about a guy who manages Fleetwood.

Astute

Nick shouldn't this be on a football other thread as it is a load of bitching about a guy who manages Fleetwood.

Not bitching. Just stating facts to statements being made about our previous manager.

I hope he does well as a manager in the future. But he will have had to learn from his mistakes while with us.

Otis

:D

Nice one RFC. You really reeled a few in one this one.

NorthernWisdom

I've been critical of Pressley on occasion, but I'd never suggest that he was that poor.

tbf, I hope Pressley does well going forward, so can avoid the Scotland gig.

Did well for us at Sixfields, also led a team to a terrific comeback against Peterborough last season ;) probably the right time to go but... deserves a chance to show he was the right man at the right place at the wrong time.

Not convinced Fleetwood is his wisest career choice, mind you. We shall see...

DazzleTommyDazzle

tbf, I hope Pressley does well going forward, so can avoid the Scotland gig.

Did well for us at Sixfields, also led a team to a terrific comeback against Peterborough last season ;) probably the right time to go but... deserves a chance to show he was the right man at the right place at the wrong time.

Not convinced Fleetwood is his wisest career choice, mind you. We shall see...

On a serious note, I thought he seemed a good guy and I got the impression that he thinks quite deeply about the game.

However, my biggest concern would be around his man management. I know we only get part stories but it didn't appear to be a "happy camp" last year and the whole "banish them" thing was bizarre.

NorthernWisdom

On a serious note, I thought he seemed a good guy and I got the impression that he thinks quite deeply about the game.

However, my biggest concern would be around his man management. I know we only get part stories but it didn't appear to be a "happy camp" last year and the whole "banish them" thing was bizarre.

Yup, would agree with that. Certainly seems to be of the 'with me or against me' school of management and, well... experience of managers like that myself suggests that tends to be doomed to failure unless you get success. (shades of McAllister when he came in, and that ended badly too)

But hopefully he can learn from that. If not... he won;t have many more management jobs after this one.

Samo

Pressley will get found out when he starts to recruit. He wouldn't know a footballer if he was bitten on the arse by one!

skybluebeduff

Your opinion is not only delusional, but borderline mentally unstable.

J

Jack Griffin

Excellent, Scotland needs a manager like that. :whistle:

ajsccfc

That Pressley ultimately lost his head here doesn't mean he's destined to a life of failure nor does any run of form he enjoys mean we've made a horrible mistake. Similar to when Cody McDonald or Shaun Jeffers (lol) score.

Hobo

What amazes me is why the people who don't rate him are so fixated with how he is doing since he left.

Gazolba

Good luck to Steven Pressley. Why should we wish him ill? He tried his best for us, he kept us up (once) but in the end he lacked the tactical skills and man management skills to achieve success. Maybe he will learn and do better in future.

Users who are viewing this thread