Pressley Apology for being sent off. (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

It takes a humble man to apologise when he's wrong....what a leader this guy is.

Coventry City manager Steven Pressley told BBC Coventry and Warwickshire:

"It was an absolutely outstanding game and an outstanding result. For us to deal with what they threw at us today was incredible.
"The message at half time was: 'are we going to be a team which gets a pat on the back and told how good we are, or are we going to be a team that actually wins things?' We have to be a team that starts winning things, and that was the response in the second half. It was a terrific result.
"As for my own personal performance, I have to apologise. I was a bit caught up in the game and got emotional. I felt there were decisions not going our way, but I need to behave better than I did today.
"It is a learning curve, not just for my players, but for myself as well. It was my frustration spilling over, and I can only apologise. These are moments I have to do better in."

SkyBlueDaz

Love the bloke, he really is the becoming the best thing to happen to the club for a very long time, just wish he had better circumstances to manage under

SonOfSnoz

Yet when he came to Cov, no fans even chanted his name for ages, now he's the new messiah!
Love the guy! Crap player but what a manager (& Neil)!
He's our very own Fergie!
He brings a lot of luck with him, great seeing opposition almost score, only for us to go other end of pitch & smash one in!!!
Elvis is the king, long live the king (Not Power Stadium)!

Yet when he came to Cov, no fans even chanted his name for ages, now he's the new messiah!
Love the guy! Crap player but what a manager (& Neil)!
He's our very own Fergie!
He brings a lot of luck with him, great seeing opposition almost score, only for us to go other end of pitch & smash one in!!!
Elvis is the king, long live the king (Not Power Stadium)!

Its at times like this when I really wished I'd have picked a different forum name.:eek:

I thought it was wan#er king power ;)

Sir wan#er to you dear boy!!

TBH... call me what you like... just not early in the morning!!!....
............................................................................................and on that basis after a great day out with my son..I'm off up the wooden hill.

Gint11

Hes given us a new lease of life. He is changing small but very stubborn statistics such as winning at grounds we never win at, winning 3-4 in a row, being in the top half of a league, scoring more goals than we have scored in ages etc etc...I just hope we can actually achieve something worthwhile. The fact he brings a philsophy makes all the difference. It's about time we had a manager who wants pace, fast wingers, exciting attacking play etc rather than route 1 shite.

AJB1983

To his credit Steve Waggott since coming in has recruited two excellent managers. Being able to make us either attractive to up and coming managers or at least enough of a project to put themselves in the shop window is a great achievement, considering what's going on off the field and the circumstance they have to work under

RoboCCFC90

To me Pressley showed passion and I don't care whether we lose 5-0 or win 3-1 as long as the manager and players show passion for the club and work hard that's all that counts.

In Pressley We Trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

He has a great passion for the role which showed yesterday and Bradford too! Personally i wouldnt want to take that out of him (albeit not get sent off!), this is the 'fire' we have been lacking for sooooo many years.

skybluetony176

SP always gives a good account of himself in interviews, even when appologising for his own behaviour. its easy to see why he has this young team doing what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread