Predictions for the week ahead. (1 Viewer)

DaleM

Bit of fun lets see if we can guess the week ahead for CCFC.

The forum tomorrow will turn into a sychophants get together.
Clarke will be gone.
Thursday will see Sisu decide to sue someone else.
Friday we play Arsenal with an unproven striker and get resondingly spanked by their youth team .

Lifes good :)

RFC

If you're full of 'negative' vibes then it'll be yet another negative week in your lives but not mine. PUSB!

The Gentleman

If you're full of 'negative' vibes then it'll be yet another negative week in your lives but not mine. PUSB!

Sorry, forgot to finish the sentence, meant to end with 'from RFC'. Quite ironic from you about no negative vibes in your life. What was that negative comment from you in the thread about the upcoming protest down at Arsenal?

RFC

Sorry, forgot to finish the sentence, meant to end with 'from RFC'. Quite ironic from you about no negative vibes in your life. What was that negative comment from you in the thread about the upcoming protest down at Arsenal?

I'm positive that any protest is just a waste of time and effort but that's just MHO!

Much better to get behind what SP is trying to do (and by the way he's a happy positive chappie, if you haven't noticed) and is totally buying into what SW and our owners are trying to do. PUSB!

bigfatronssba

I'm positive that any protest is just a waste of time and effort but that's just MHO!

Much better to get behind what SP is trying to do (and by the way he's a happy positive chappie, if you haven't noticed) and is totally buying into what SW and our owners are trying to do. PUSB!

So getting behind the team is more important to you than highlighting to the nation that your club is now playing in Northampton and your very angry about it?

bigfatronssba

I've got to say I haven't noticed that at all.

SP is a very serious, down to earth man. He isn't some sort of happy go lucky character at all.

I had the pleasure of meeting him last year. Dour and miserable who takes no shit off the players I thought (nothing wrong with that of course, the best managers usually are).

Joelly

The only team id be more worried about than Arsenal would be Man City.

Arsenal 0-1 Coventry :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Leon Clarke scores a 88th minutes winner and goes down in history for ever and he jumps into the crowd to celebrate and all is forgotten.

skybluetony176

I can't believe that an ambitious young talented manager is trying to move to a stadium with the capacity to keep a team in the lower division's for life with owners that do their best to keep the club in a permanent state of transfer embargo. So champion the new ground if you want to. Just don't be expecting a team managed by SP to be there for you to cheer on. He'll be long gone by the time it gets built.

The Gentleman

Any protest is a waste of time?

Protest is the way people who have a beef with authority figures have been getting attention for centuries. Protests can be small -- imagine a couple of people with "Fur is Murder" signs outside an expensive clothing store -- or huge, like those that began taking place in the streets of several Middle Eastern countries in the spring of 2011. If conducted properly, protests can help protestors accomplish their goals, whether those goals involve simply eliminating unfair hiring practices or toppling a corrupt government regime.
Protestors have been successful many times over the centuries. The French Revolution began with a people's revolt over social inequities and culminated with the death of a king and queen. The Montgomery, Ala., bus boycott in 1955 and 1956 led to the desegregation of public transit, which paved the way for even more sweeping civil rights changes in the United States. Mohandas Gandhi's nonviolent protests helped lead to the end of British colonial rule and the creation of a free India. Some successful protests have not even been aimed at governments. Martin Luther's protests against corruption in the Catholic Church led to the Reformation, starting in the 1400s. Protestantism actually gets its name from "protest."
The key to a successful protest is planning, courage and belief in your cause. Protestors should do what they can to behave in a lawful manner, but they should be aware of their rights. Protestors who break reasonable laws and who cause innocent bystanders to be harmed will quickly lose any public sympathy.
During the Egyptian uprising of 2011, which resulted in the end of President Hosni Mubarak's reign after more than three decades of power, protestors created a 26-page pamphlet called "How to Protest Intelligently" [source: Madrigal]. Protestors could only e-mail the pamphlet or photocopy and pass the pamphlet by hand due to government monitoring of social media websites. It began with a listing of six goals for the country, followed by strategic goals and general ways the protestors could take action. The pamphlet contained practical advice, such as what to wear on the streets during a rally (goggles are helpful for blocking tear gas) and equipment you'd need (a pot lid to act as a shield). Unlikely as it may seem, many young people used exactly these suggestions and brought down a regime.
One last point, refresh my memory, what is it that our owners are trying do? The last time I checked, they took us out of our home, decimated our support, kept moving the goalposts on Legoland, kept us in embargo due to constant late accounts, suing a good and local charity and countless other things. I do hope Pressley isn't buying into everything our owners are doing.

Spionkop

"Moving became a really difficult period. I've got total sympathy with our supporters and their frustrations. If there was able to be a solution at the Ricoh that would be terrific."
Steven Pressley in the Sunday Mail, January 19.

RFC, and Steven Pressley goes on a bit more about us fans. Being as diplomatic as he can be. He's certainly very upset with the club's owners for the farcical situation they've put his team into. Playing in front of pathetically small crowds on a level with Accrington Stanley and Morecambe. He'll be gone if this situation carries into next season and the house of cards will fall down. He's naturally ambitious and won't tolerate much more of this nonsense. He alludes to similar times in his stint at Hearts under another nutcase, Romanov.
I had a little time for you early on RFC, you didn't resort to abuse. But now your head in the sand outlook has turned to smugness.
You are playing a role in hastening the departure of 'Steven and the team' as you so often put it.
Do you really think Callum Wilson, Cyrus Christie, Franck Moussa, Conor Thomas & co will hang around to eke out their careers in a three quarters empty shed in Northampton for five years? Do you really think Elvis will hang around for five years, seven years, never, to then move into a 12,000 capacity ground the other side of Rugby? He'll be long gone if he has any sense, managing at a club with owners with just a shade more ambition.
Get your Saturday fix (oh no, it's mostly Sunday isn't it) - and push your club further down the drain, along with the other thousand or so misguided people who can't see the bigger picture.

skybluepm2

And what is your take on what our owners are trying to do? Please elaborate. You annoy me, although I envisage this is your sole purpose of being on here with your cringeworthy posts..

skybluepm2

"Moving became a really difficult period. I've got total sympathy with our supporters and their frustrations. If there was able to be a solution at the Ricoh that would be terrific."
Steven Pressley in the Sunday Mail, January 19.

RFC, and Steven Pressley goes on a bit more about us fans. Being as diplomatic as he can be. He's certainly very upset with the club's owners for the farcical situation they've put his team into. Playing in front of pathetically small crowds on a level with Accrington Stanley and Morecambe. He'll be gone if this situation carries into next season and the house of cards will fall down. He's naturally ambitious and won't tolerate much more of this nonsense. He alludes to similar times in his stint at Hearts under another nutcase, Romanov.
I had a little time for you early on RFC, you didn't resort to abuse. But now your head in the sand outlook has turned to smugness.
You are playing a role in hastening the departure of 'Steven and the team' as you so often put it.
Do you really think Callum Wilson, Cyrus Christie, Franck Moussa, Conor Thomas & co will hang around to eke out their careers in a three quarters empty shed in Northampton for five years? Do you really think Elvis will hang around for five years, seven years, never, to then move into a 12,000 capacity ground the other side of Rugby? He'll be long gone if he has any sense, managing at a club with owners with just a shade more ambition.
Get your Saturday fix (oh no, it's mostly Sunday isn't it) - and push your club further down the drain, along with the other thousand or so misguided people who can't see the bigger picture.

Spot on

Users who are viewing this thread