Potential retained list (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

agree, but we shouldnt be too stingy
putting Vik and Gus on £50k for example with a 4 year deal and a relegation clause would still mean decent money back in 12 months if we went down again
But we will be into a whole different scenerio wages wise if we get into the premier. There are young up and coming starlets on thousands a week even at the middle to lower end of the division.

Brighton Sky Blue

I feel like the playoff final is more of a must-win for us than Luton. Both Hamer and Gyokeres could both attract serious interest and leave and if we don't invest well, we could regress.

Their departures would be a certainty but I would trust us to use the proceeds wisely.

Ccfcisparks

Those on the move at the end of the season will know, some should we stop in the championship more if we go up. Take Gyo & Gus from that list would the bulk of the rest make decent squad players ?
Sheaf, O'Hare and Bidwell I have no doubt would be in the squad most weeks.

Eccles has shown enough development to try him in the squad for a season, Allen will be kept as Robins rates him.

Wilson would be kept as second choice minimum.

Palmer I guess is the only question.

Grendel

The club won't overspend in the prem , they will have relegation on their mind and won't risk putting the club in financial ruin , we will be sensible we'd have no choice

I hope we make an attempt. Frankly the wage bill has to go to £60 million plus. The season Derby surrendered was an embarrassment

Evo1883

I hope we make an attempt. Frankly the wage bill has to go to £60 million plus. The season Derby surrendered was an embarrassment

I suppose we can boost to that but only offer 3 year contracts , that end when parachute payments ( hindsight ) you'd imagine Robins will want to have a go , and we will be more competitive than what social media believes .

We have to get their first 😆

GaryPendrysEyes

Is this the way it will go I wonder.

Don't get promoted, retained list...

Wilson
Cuffy
McFadzean
Panzo
McNally
Bidwell
Sheaf
Allen
Eccles
Howley
Palmer
Godden
Tavares
The two Stevenage lads
Plus one or two others

Do get promoted, retained list....

Gyokeres
Hamer

😂
That mirrors the two scenarios for Doug King.
If we dont get promoted it’s some steady improvement work, 4 or 5 players out and in but I suspect largely in his comfort zone.
It we get promoted it’s total shit hits the fan. Complete wage restructure, scouting frenzy with potentially a couple of bigger names in, probably some cash refinancing, totally different can of worms for sponsorship and marketing. He is very green for that huge challenge you can almost see the nervousness on him…

Brighton Sky Blue

I suppose we can boost to that but only offer 3 year contracts , that end when parachute payments ( hindsight ) you'd imagine Robins will want to have a go , and we will be more competitive than what social media believes .

We have to get their first 😆

Correct. They have earned our trust whichever league we end up in but for now all the focus must be on winning that game.

Torquay Sky Blue

Makes you wonder what goes through players minds regarding promotion.
Is it the win bonus or do they back themselves to stay?
Wilson
Bidwell
McFadz
Allen
Kelly
Godden
will all be gone

Ccfcisparks

Makes you wonder what goes through players minds regarding promotion.
Is it the win bonus or do they back themselves to stay?
Wilson
Bidwell
McFadz
Allen
Kelly
Godden
will all be gone
I would be very very suprirsed if Wilson and Allen went. With Moore likely going, I think Robins would be unlikely to want to find 2 keepers this summer. More likely we sign a new first choice and Wilson goes to Number 2.

mmttww

O'Hare
Palmer
Sheaf
Hamer
Vik
Bidwell
Eccles
Fadz

I'd expect will be retained whatever league we're in. Don't go up, we know we'll probably lose two of them. Do go up, some won't play much.

shmmeee

We’d be mad to just flog everyone not of standard. I’d expect us to approach us as cautiously as possible budget wise. Release clauses/wage drop clauses, a few key signings and lots of attempts at value. Likelihood is well come straight back down and a lot of the “not good enough” lot will be needed again.

Reactions: AOM

SBT

We’d be mad to just flog everyone not of standard. I’d expect us to approach us as cautiously as possible budget wise. Release clauses/wage drop clauses, a few key signings and lots of attempts at value. Likelihood is well come straight back down and a lot of the “not good enough” lot will be needed again.
You’re right, but even if we assume relegation is certain after being promoted, we would have to come down with a squad of players who are more likely than not to get us promoted. Nothing but love for the current team, but that’s not how I or anyone else would describe them. Finding ourselves back in the Championship one year from now with largely the same squad would mean something has gone very wrong.

shmmeee

You’re right, but even if we assume relegation is certain after being promoted, we would have to come down with a squad of players who are more likely than not to get us promoted. Nothing but love for the current team, but that’s not how I or anyone else would describe them. Finding ourselves back in the Championship one year from now with largely the same squad would mean something has gone very wrong.

I mean I don’t think we would necessarily, but say keeping Wilson as backup or third keeper, or keeping Eccles around is a good shout. Even if we stay down there’s going to be huge turnover this summer anyway so I think there’s not too much that needs clearing out is all.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For me it'd largely be a case of releasing those whose contracts are ending that might have been renewed otherwise.

Yorkshire SB

Don't think ripping up the squad would work. That said we'll need 5-6 successful improvements on the starting XI. Not sure how many new players that warrants.

JulianDarbyFTW

If I was holding the purse strings, I'd be extremely cautious if we went up. I'd rather the club kept shopping in the same pool as always, keep the wage bill low (in PL terms), and stick the 150m in the bank, so that when we go down our future is secure. We could eventually use the money to build a new stadium and retrospectively fulfil SISUs dream!

Hobo

Is this the way it will go I wonder.

Don't get promoted, retained list...

Wilson
Cuffy
McFadzean
Panzo
McNally
Bidwell
Sheaf
Allen
Eccles
Howley
Palmer
Godden
Tavares
The two Stevenage lads
Plus one or two others

Do get promoted, retained list....

Gyokeres
Hamer

😂
No Doyle? For me way ahead of Panzo.

Adge

The sad reality really if this “Great team” gets us up is that most will be deemed not good enough and may be shipped out. Seems harsh but again if we are wanting to progress……

Sky Blue Pete

It’s the rate of progression of our younger players and the leadership of the older group that’s particularly impressive

The shame is that last year we didn’t recruit yok Hamer and sheaf pt 2
We know why of course and it may have happened had Ohare been sold but it means a significant rebuild irrespective of the division

Still shaking my head at the level of these players over the last 2 months

Wilson
Fadz
Kelly
Bidwell
Godden to a lesser extent

and the Improvement over the season and half season of

Wilson
Hamer
Yok
Sheaf
Eccles
McNally
Doyle
Bnc to a lesser extent

also the fitness of yok and Hamer especially playing pretty much every game is astonishing

add to that robins ability to make do and mend

loses Hyam ok
Loses Ohare ok
Loses Hamer ok
Loses palmer ok
Loses home games ok

And yep most seasons we don’t make the playoffs with 70 points but the last 5 of the season and play off semis have been so consistent

DionDublinsJockstrap

Ohare
Palmer
Sheaf
Hamer
Vik
Fadz ( he just gets better with age )
Eccles ( has the attributes just needs to bulk up )
McNally if we can get him
Doyle back on loan

these boys can cut it in the Prem, but we would certainly need reinforcements

Just got to win one more game 🤞🤞
Wilson, NC, Allen’s work rate has something to offer.

Julie SBA

Realistically though who is that? Do you keep Kelly on? Dabo? Otherwise everyone else is pretty much already confirmed to go.
I caught up with my mate over the weekend who knows the Dabo family
She said that he hasn't been offered anything and as of a week ago neither had Kelly, Walker or Rose.
Says his house is already on the market too.

Sky Blue Pete

I caught up with my mate over the weekend who knows the Dabo family
She said that he hasn't been offered anything and as of a week ago neither had Kelly, Walker or Rose.
Says his house is already on the market too.
Sad isn’t it and remarkable professionalism and kudos to them all and robins for the shared dream

Grendel

Sad isn’t it and remarkable professionalism and kudos to them all and robins for the shared dream

Bit sentimental that - they will be on win bonuses and a performance at Wembley will be helpful in raising their profiles. You work as you are paid till the end anyway

Sky Blue Pete

Bit sentimental that - they will be on win bonuses and a performance at Wembley will be helpful in raising their profiles. You work as you are paid till the end anyway
Very true and hugely important in their next role in the game as well if they aren’t offered a contract with us

Grendel

fatso

I think we'll keep most of our current match day squad, including the loans if we can make them permanent, and only add 5 or 6 quality players. (Obviously we'd need to also replace Vik and Hamer if they move on)

I don't think we will be bringing in as many players as some expect, and certainly not on the scale that Forrest did. If we go up and keep hold of Vik and Hamer then I'd be surprised if we spend more than £20m

I can imagine MR looking for quality over quantity, and adding some pace and energy in certain areas. And having Palmer and O'hare available after injuries will be a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread