Possible Ricoh solution? (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

I will try and make this short and sweet. I've got a solution perhaps.

All this talk of BPA has got me thinking, we need a home and fast right especially for long term success. We need to own. Now how much would it take in Time and money to build what's proposed for BPA? Arguments sake 10-15m and 5 years?

If that's the case roughly why can't we buy acl and the lease at the Ricoh like before? Wasps would make a quick buck and piss off back to wherever and we have got the stadium we all want and it's already built with our bricks and seats.

I don't see why we if serious about BPA couldn't do this and buying the Ricoh lease makes a lot more sense and offer wasps a few million extra to make them a quick return for their investors and they be our tennants or sod off. We all win.

Obviously not got exact figures but my point is for all the time and money for BPA for a 15k stadium this option sounds a lot better to me. Everything has its price so why not?

Any objections or ideas on this guys?

skyblueinBaku

I'm not sure that Sisu would be prepared to spend the money to buy out the lease. IF they go ahead with the BPA, they would want to spend someone else's money.

Samo

I will try and make this short and sweet. I've got a solution perhaps.

All this talk of BPA has got me thinking, we need a home and fast right especially for long term success. We need to own. Now how much would it take in Time and money to build what's proposed for BPA? Arguments sake 10-15m and 5 years?

If that's the case roughly why can't we buy acl and the lease at the Ricoh like before? Wasps would make a quick buck and piss off back to wherever and we have got the stadium we all want and it's already built with our bricks and seats.

I don't see why we if serious about BPA couldn't do this and buying the Ricoh lease makes a lot more sense and offer wasps a few million extra to make them a quick return for their investors and they be our tennants or sod off. We all win.

Obviously not got exact figures but my point is for all the time and money for BPA for a 15k stadium this option sounds a lot better to me. Everything has its price so why not?

Any objections or ideas on this guys?

Wasps have nowhere to piss off to! It's not going to happen, the only way Wasps are going is via going bump.

torchomatic

The Ricoh sustains the status quo by offering the illusion of choice with no choice.

Kingokings204

I'm not sure that Sisu would be prepared to spend the money to buy out the lease. IF they go ahead with the BPA, they would want to spend someone else's money.

I quite agree but the point remains the same for the amount of money and time we have a stadium already built and just need to pay for it. Get rid of wasps. Might be paying slightly over the odds but the point is we would have our own stadium and no waiting times. Worth it

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
wont work

- its not for sale
- wasps is a long term investment and they have no inclination to sell up
- the set up is working well for Wasps as it is
- any money raised would have to be used to repay the bond because the lease secures the bond issue
- even if they sold the money raised would not be enough to match property prices in South

Skyblueweeman

Wasps have £32m to pay back to bond holders as well as £2m a year interest.
It would take at least £40m I reckon for them to even consider selling and that's before arrangements for another stadium be it new build or leased.

Senior Vick from Alicante

And their in lies the issue. Sisu have no money and who will want to invest in them. Also how do you sort out their shareholder scheme, that would have to be settled as well as the purchase of ACL. Wasps are tied to the Ricoh now for at least as long as that scheme runs for, also they have valued the stadium at 49 mill not 14 so even if you bought a 50% share they would want 24.5. Good idea but I think its a non runner, Joy blew it.

eastwoodsdustman

The truth is Vic that she never really blew it. The dice were loaded against the club and Sisu from the start. Dress it up and believe what you like but deep down you really know that the council under Lucas et al were never going to let the football club get ownership of the Ricoh.

armybike

The truth is Vic that she never really blew it. The dice were loaded against the club and Sisu from the start. Dress it up and believe what you like but deep down you really know that the council under Lucas et al were never going to let the football club get ownership of the Ricoh.

So the deal that was struck by Tim Fisher and then Joy Seppala pulled the plug on demonstrates CCC had loaded the dices?

eastwoodsdustman

So the deal that was struck by Tim Fisher and then Joy Seppala pulled the plug on demonstrates CCC had loaded the dices?
The 'deal' was never 'struck' was it. Nothing more than conversations. The council bent over backwards for the Wasps deal to go through in a way that they never did for the football club. Even when we were really on our arses the high rent deal was stuck to steadfastly.The only time that Lucas has approached the club for anything was to get us back at the Ricoh as a sweetener for the Wasps.

armybike

The 'deal' was never 'struck' was it. Nothing more than conversations. The council bent over backwards for the Wasps deal to go through in a way that they never did for the football club. Even when we were really on our arses the high rent deal was stuck to steadfastly.The only time that Lucas has approached the club for anything was to get us back at the Ricoh as a sweetener for the Wasps.

It was agreed upon, Tim then skipped off to tell Joy the good news and she put the kiosk on it.

Kingokings204

Nothing more than conversations? Really?

Wasn't head of terms agreed?

italiahorse

Of course if Sisu ever made a genuine offer we could test that theory..
But they didn't and we are where we are.
We do know that Wasps did make an offer, an offer that Sisu said they would not have made with the current ACL set up.
You need to do your homework !!

Captain Dart

No. It became £1.3 million again after 2 years.
The same length as the agreement with Wasps that Anderson just extended.

So clearly you agree that it could have been extended likewise, the move to Northampton and sale to Wasps prevented, but SISU had to screw it up.

eastwoodsdustman

Of course if Sisu ever made a genuine offer we could test that theory..
But they didn't and we are where we are.
We do know that Wasps did make an offer, an offer that Sisu said they would not have made with the current ACL set up.
You need to do your homework !!

Its little wonder no firm offer was put forward. Remember the back drop to it all. There was a real 'anti' feeling towards the club from CCC at the time which was also put out to the public via its mouthpiece local newspaper. The council clearly knew that they'd got us over a barrell and were happy to keep their foot on the clubs throat to boot. It never really looked like we'd ever get the Ricoh because they'd never let it happen. Some people have short memories.

Users who are viewing this thread