possible new signing? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Great stuff, still need a CB and a ST though, and they'll be the most important.

We actually seem to be filling holes in the squad this pre-season though, instead of buying up at random. that said, our squad is more hole than not these days!

CTID

haha just kidding mate. Glad somebody knwos who he is and its possitive news

Astute

Astute should be able to get us the run down on this guy,his son is a Well fan.

Have done on other thread for this player Wingy. He just showed me one of his goals against Rangers. Not a long range shot either. Just kept running at them by himself. Got tackled, got the ball back and scored. Think he went past 4 or 5 players. Scored in the end from a tight angle with 2 defenders and GK to beat

covcity4life

Have done on other thread for this player Wingy. He just showed me one of his goals against Rangers. Not a long range shot either. Just kept running at them by himself. Got tackled, got the ball back and scored. Think he went past 4 or 5 players. Scored in the end from a tight angle with 2 defenders and GK to beat

video online?

I see that this player is only 5ft 7ins tall! Why are we acquiring a team of midgets when this league is populated by big teams who may well bully us off the park? I know all the arguments about Barcelona et al but I am convinced that this division is not one for a taem of small players, no matter how good they might be.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
yes but it works for Barcelona because the whole club from the smallest juniors to the first team play in the same way, simply not the case here........... last year first team played a diamond and the academy more of a 4:4:2. Not to mention spanish teams teach the players to be comfortable on the ball and retain it. League 1 is populated by big strong teams and whilst developing our passing game the team will have to be able to cope with that and achieve results ..... we dont have many big players, we have a lot of youngsters, I can see them being bullied off the ball as it stands

BUT there is still time to bring in other players with attributes that get us over this perceived problem

I am not sure I buy into this 'we are in League One now, we need some brutes' mentality. I think you could fight a case for Norwich and Southampton being more passing sides than physically dominant sides in their consecutive promotion seasons, although that is a moot point... No one is claiming we are Barcelona. No one is claiming being a fan of height and strength makes you Boothroyd. But, if we are effectively exchanging Bigi for Jennings, we have grown, bulked and toughened up. Making snap judgements on the suitability of players because they are 5ft7 or because they don't have the most impressive strike rate in the world is all well and good on a football forum, but I hope people watch how things transpire before becoming pitch side experts too.

percy

got a cheeky header as well at ibrox. set up by the juke. its on the tube i just dont know how to do the links

The Reverend Skyblue

Personally what I've read and seen about him he would be a good signing.

we've had smallish midfielders before,Micky Gynn was one and one hell of a player, so was one of my all time favorites Willie Carr

The Rev

ccfc_Tom

Personally what I've read and seen about him he would be a good signing.

we've had smallish midfielders before,Micky Gynn was one and one hell of a player, so was one of my all time favorites Willie Carr

The Rev

Yeah i dont understand the people moaning about having too small squad now? people just find anything to moan about.

pusbccfc

That video just shows how good of a target man Juke was!

torchomatic

shmmeee

I see that this player is only 5ft 7ins tall! Why are we acquiring a team of midgets when this league is populated by big teams who may well bully us off the park? I know all the arguments about Barcelona et al but I am convinced that this division is not one for a taem of small players, no matter how good they might be.

So your logic is Barcelona or Spain wouldn't finish top 6 in L1??

So your logic is Barcelona or Spain wouldn't finish top 6 in L1??

Obviously not! I am saying that we are not equipped to play like Barcelona and to do well in this league you have to be able to defend set pieces well and to pose a real threat from your own attacking set plays. Therefore you have to have some (not all) tall players in your team. Even last year we failed to get one defender on the score sheet. For this reasom alone I would like to see us draft in a couple of taller players so that we are able to compete in the air.

Diehard Si

The Rev
I'm not going to knock the guy as he I know very little about him, but regarding his height... On his own not an issue, but when our other 3 midfielders could well be Fleck, McSheffrey and Bell you can understand the potential risks and vulnerability.

The 2 strikers arn't exactly tall either.

Not saying he won't be good... just I personally wish he was a bit taller.. if we get him of course.

Astute

Obviously not! I am saying that we are not equipped to play like Barcelona and to do well in this league you have to be able to defend set pieces well and to pose a real threat from your own attacking set plays. Therefore you have to have some (not all) tall players in your team. Even last year we failed to get one defender on the score sheet. For this reasom alone I would like to see us draft in a couple of taller players so that we are able to compete in the air.

So you would prefer height over ability?

The players we have brought in so far and by the sound of it are trying to bring in have ability to do well at this level, but by the sound of it you think will not be good enough because they are not all 6' tall or more.

Brighton Sky Blue

Richard Wood scored a last minute equaliser at Leeds. Barcelona and Spain have a certain Gerard Pique.

Users who are viewing this thread