Possible loan Goalkeeper (1 Viewer)

George1

Ok - a real long shot.... but what about Chris Kirkland, he isn't getting a look in at Preston as they have Jordan Pickford and Steven James ahead of him I can see him plugging the gap until the end of the season. Nuneaton Town are my second team and I didn't rate RCC between the sticks there so let alone for City, I feel our defence and mainly Reda have made him look a better keeper than he is. Don't get me wrong RCC's run of clean sheets were outstanding but that was as much a team effort more than down to the individual.

Thoughts?

H

Huckerby

Ok - a real long shot.... but what about Chris Kirkland, he isn't getting a look in at Preston as they have Jordan Pickford and Steven James ahead of him I can see him plugging the gap until the end of the season. Nuneaton Town are my second team and I didn't rate RCC between the sticks there so let alone for City, I feel our defence and mainly Reda have made him look a better keeper than he is. Don't get me wrong RCC's run of clean sheets were outstanding but that was as much a team effort more than down to the individual.

Thoughts?
Think the cash can be spent on defensive cover or another goalscorer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

stupot07

We won't be bringing in a goalkeeper on loan.

Close thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

BlueElephant

I think that's extremely unfair on RCC - if you look at every goal he's conceding in the last three games they were all pretty much unstoppable. Also he makes at least 2 one-on-one saves per game so the problem's not with RCC it's with the defence.

Gazolba

BlueElephant;986142 if you look at every goal he's conceding in the last three games they were all pretty much unstoppable..[/QUOTE said:
There is no such thing as an 'unstoppable shot', only goal-keepers who were in the wrong position to stop it.

Astute

There is no such thing as an 'unstoppable shot', only goal-keepers who were in the wrong position to stop it.

With some shots you need to have been in the wrong place to be able to stop them :)

RCC is good enough for this level. What we need is defensive cover. This will help RCC. He may not be the finished article. But he is doing well. He is comfortable on the ball (too much at times) and is developing well. He seems to be making decent saves each game. He can catch the ball. And his team mates seem to have confidence in him. And he will get better with experience. The small amount of money that TM has left will be better spent elsewhere.

mechaishida

Nope I'm happy with RCC & Burge as backup defensive cover is more of a priority and concern at the minute!

Absolutely. Reice is still learning his trade, but he's far more dependable than Blurge.

Perhaps we're looking at the wrong position, defensively; Phillips looks shaky and error-prone (could be rusty but who knows) whereas Martin and Ricketts are a decent partnership in the middle. Maybe a solid right-back is the answer - experienced, motivational, able to NOT handball it in the area in successive matches would help too.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Absolutely. Reice is still learning his trade, but he's far more dependable than Blurge.

Perhaps we're looking at the wrong position, defensively; Phillips looks shaky and error-prone (could be rusty but who knows) whereas Martin and Ricketts are a decent partnership in the middle. Maybe a solid right-back is the answer - experienced, motivational, able to NOT handball it in the area in successive matches would help too.

Phillips is and always has been a liability defensively. Him & Haynes as probable full backs on Saturday fill me with not a lot of confidence defensively.

mechaishida

Phillips is and always has been a liability defensively. Him & Haynes as probable full backs on Saturday fill me with not a lot of confidence defensively.

My arse is making 50ps in my chair at the thought of that...

So, you agree that a steady full-back might shore the back four up? Who would you sign?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

My arse is making 50ps in my chair at the thought of that...

So, you agree that a steady full-back might shore the back four up? Who would you sign?

I personally would like Ricketts to RB again but that would mean an experienced CB alongside Martin opposed to the kid at Reading etc as I'm not sure on Mattin being the 'senior CB' with the attacking options in midfield etc I'm more than happy for the back 4 to just defend and not have to 'bomb on' that much.

Specs WT-R75

Permanent signing, or not at all. I don't think GK is our position of concern in the bigger picture. A replacement for Reda, rather than having the need for our GK to keep us in the game thanks!

Jay88

Totally agree with most people that the money could be spent better elsewhere (e.g centre back / right back). Everybody were singing the praises of Reice Charles Cook before his dodgy game on Tuesday .... hopefully he will gain more experience and keep the good performances flowing

marcus87

Thoughts?

Guessing you haven't seen any games he's played for us this season, go the games and you'll see he's more than good enough keeper

PaulDyson

You ever played in goal

Sorry - reply to no such thing as an unstoppable shot. if someones in your six yard than anything other than where you are is pretty tough

Last edited:

wingy

I think he's lost his focus a little.
No doubt what goes on. In front of him plays a part.
However It's almost like mentally he ran out of adrenaline once he surpassed Oggys record.
I thought It started to show on Saturday, a little less sure of when to come, handling, rolling It out a little riskilly when the lads didn't have the space.
He does have It though,maybe thinking about contracts and future a little too much,maybe thinking he's made It before he has.
Oh and that walkabout at the end V Posh, he should cut that out.
Get your focus back Reice!

Users who are viewing this thread