Positivity (1 Viewer)

I know this word may be alien to most but how about for once we take last night on the chin, learn from it and move on? Sure we're not taking our chances at present but I would be far more worried if we didn't create anything. Someone will be in for a hiding soon and with our 'loyal' support I can see it being Yeovil this weekend. The JPT was an added bonus this year and if it isn't to be then so be it. Our ultimate goal this year still remains promotion which is more than achievable with a couple of loan additions.
I will be there Saturday doing my upmost to roar the boys on, hopefully plenty more will be too, leaving their 'I'm a better fan than you' attitude at home.

RichieGunns

THIS COULD BE A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.AND THE GLORY HUNTERS CAN PISS OFF I SEE THEY WERE LEAVING WITH 15 MINS TO GO:mad:

And that attitude and aggression towards these fans will make them think twice about ever going again.

How about being happy that we got a full house for once!

Yeh some of them probably wont come back but there are those who will come back (like mysef).

Seeing you saying that is only going to discourage more potential regular fans from coming!

We're the Sky Blue Army! We're family! Lets act like it!

Flying Fokker

And that attitude and aggression towards these fans will make them think twice about ever going again.

Yeh some of them probably wont come back but there are those who will come back (like mysef).

Seeing you saying that is only going to discourage more potential regular fans from coming!

The ones who left early were out of order. But at the end of the day they are consumers and can choose to leave it they are being offered crap.

They will come back when we serve something decent up again.

My point exactly Richie, it's this 'I'm a better fan than you'/'I'm not a gloryhunter' mentality some people need to loose!!

SonofErnie

How can anyone possibly know the demographics of the people walking out ? Did you ask them individually as they left ! It was my first game of the season as i can no longer justify a £50 outlay to take my son to a game and I stayed to the bitter end because I have Sky Blue blood running through my veins and I could see the team had given their all. I'm sure some of the 'regulars' were walking out just the same - or does the survey you conducted tell you otherwise ?

Diehard Si

I said to the guys leaving as they edged past me that they would miss our 4 goals.

I still hoped we could grab 1 or 2 back to give us a better chance in the away leg. I stayed and even gave the team a little applause for the effort they put in. I noticed others join too once the booing idiots shut up.

By the way do away goals count if level in this?

Mucca Mad Boys

The ones who left early were out of order. But at the end of the day they are consumers and can choose to leave it they are being offered crap.

They will come back when we serve something decent up again.

They're not out of order, they left because we were playing shit, I didn't leave early, but I certainly wanted to in a way, we got served up shit.

We are a disgrace because we didn't sing at our loudest for the whole 90m! :facepalm:

RichieGunns

My point exactly Richie, it's this 'I'm a better fan than you'/'I'm not a gloryhunter' mentality some people need to loose!!

Very true but I doubt they will.

It's called the bully mentallity. They bully other supporters (with these comments) just to make themselves feel good!

Sad Really!

I said to the guys leaving as they edged past me that they would miss our 4 goals.

I still hoped we could grab 1 or 2 back to give us a better chance in the away leg. I stayed and even gave the team a little applause for the effort they put in. I noticed others join too once the booing idiots shut up.

By the way do away goals count if level in this?

Not sure. I don't think they do!

well said richie

this plastics/partimers/glory hunting shit is so annoying

Totally agree with you there! Annoys the heck out of me too!

That was my first game for 7 years and I'm already looking at when I can afford to go again!

I've missed it so much and to finally be there again was such a high for me.

It's just a shame it ended like it did!

It's also a shame that just because I'm one of the 20k who came last night, I'm instantly seen as a glory supporter!

I've supported Cov since I was 10 years of age and I always will as Sky Blue Blood runs through these veins my mine!

They have to find me special blood when im in the hospital ;)

Last edited:

Mr B

Why so much negativity after such a positive start?

Let me put it in leymans terms, no one fan is better than another, a child in Australia with a Coventry City mug is no less a fan than the diehard come rain or shine season ticket holder. Fans come in all shapes and sizes from all backgrounds, you cannot assume that everyone is the same as the next person just because one can afford a season ticket doesn't mean others can and due to circumstance they may only be able to afford £5 or £10 tickets, sometime there is a bigger picture.

I think it is poor form to leave a game early as until the last kick has been taken anything can happen until its thorugh, PNE showed us that but again it is up to the individual as they purchased the ticket and can do what they please, if it upsets others then its really tough.

Some posters need to have their head firmly removed from their Derrieres!

Waldorf

I wish some of them HAD left at half time instead of walking in front of me and blocking my view. And as for the bloke on front who was build like a brick s**t house and stood up every time we got over the halfway line ... Don't get me started.

Macca

I left when the third went in, seemed quite logical at the time as they looked like they could score again so clinical were they. Spend another few minutes freezing my nuts off or make a sharp exit. Certainly wasn't a statement of any kind

Grendel

I left when the third went in, seemed quite logical at the time as they looked like they could score again so clinical were they. Spend another few minutes freezing my nuts off or make a sharp exit. Certainly wasn't a statement of any kind

I did as well mainly as I wanted to get out. The car park was overfull. The steward said they had sold far more tickets than they had spaces. I felt sorry for the stewards who did their best in poor weather and they were getting volleys of abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread