Positive Boycott (1 Viewer)

Jim

If the worst happens, and I truly hope it doesn't and we are playing games out of the city I propose a boycott with a slight difference.

The vast majority of us have stated we would not go to 'Home' games, so instead on the day of the opening home how about we organise a match at the Ricoh and make an effort to get as big a crowd there as possible. This needs to be an active statement by the fans that our ground is the Ricoh.

Doesn't have to be the start of a Phoenix club just a match, be it one of the fans team games, the CCFC ladies or whatever. Need to get SBT and ACL fully on board and stick two fingers up at SISU. After that continue the general boycott of home games.

Just an idea....

quinn1971

Good idea.But how many fans have said the RICOH doesn't feel like our home.As soon as the club threaten to leave it everyone,s up in arms.We are lucky to have the RICOH as our home and maybe after all this mess is eventually sorted out.we can make the RICOH into the great football ground it should be.we just want our club back.

SkyBlueDaz

Really like this idea. However i feel the best option would be a ccfc supporters match or CCFC ladies match, showing this is our clubs home. The sphinx would be supporting another team and thats not the message we want to put across.

Flying Fokker

The meddling SISU has that one covered. They have just managed to get Steve Waggott on the board of CCFC ladies.

Ccfc1979

One question, how 'tied in' to the club is the Former Players Association? Is it a completely separate entity?

torchomatic

A knock about at the Ricoh. Good idea. Let's hope you can afford the no doubt substantial fee ACL would charge.

sky blue john

A knock about at the Ricoh. Good idea. Let's hope you can afford the no doubt substantial fee ACL would charge.

I can't see the fee being that much acl would be happy to put one over on Sisu.
And your still sniping about the rent torch obviously you still don't accept or understand sisu's motives !!!

Sky Blues

I propose Sky Blues Talk v Sky Blues Trust. To make it easy to follow, both teams will have badges with their initials on. The SBT team could even be managed by Sky Blue Taylor. We know SBT will line his SBT side up in a 4-5-1 or some derivative thereof, so I propose that the manager of SBT lines their side up in a 4-4-2, and we'll settle that argument at the same time. :)

torchomatic

I don't understand ACLs either.

I can't see the fee being that much acl would be happy to put one over on Sisu.
And your still sniping about the rent torch obviously you still don't accept or understand sisu's motives !!!

quinn1971

I propose Sky Blues Talk v Sky Blues Trust. To make it easy to follow, both teams will have badges with their initials on. The SBT team could even be managed by Sky Blue Taylor. We know SBT will line his SBT side up in a 4-5-1 or some derivative thereof, so I propose that the manager of SBT lines their side up in a 4-4-2, and we'll settle that argument at the same time. :)

Or a sisu v acl .winner takes all.who would be the away team ?

wingy

A Good Idea ,have been thinking there needs to be some kind of Vigil outside on a Saturday while we no longer play there.

How many fans @ a Fiver would it take to cover costs?:thinking about:

SkyBlueHomer

Just a thought, a 1 off game will be seen by SISU as that. What about people save the money they would have spent on home games going away even those who don't usually go away no reason why then we cant average 2000+ depending on capacity away from home.
For home games we throw our weight behind Cov Sphinx just for the season we can then see what happens and I'm sure they would welcome extra revenue & it would help out a local club & more threatening to SISU

@richh87

If the SISU scumbags do indeed have us playing elsewhere then this is a FANTASTIC IDEA.

100% behind having a supporters match and would buy a ticket to support it.

torchomatic

If the SISU scumbags do indeed have us playing elsewhere then this is a FANTASTIC IDEA.

100% behind having a supporters match and would buy a ticket to support it.

Good luck with that! most city fans cant be arsed to turn up to watch the REAL Coventry City!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Grendel

If the worst happens, and I truly hope it doesn't and we are playing games out of the city I propose a boycott with a slight difference.

The vast majority of us have stated we would not go to 'Home' games, so instead on the day of the opening home how about we organise a match at the Ricoh and make an effort to get as big a crowd there as possible. This needs to be an active statement by the fans that our ground is the Ricoh.

Doesn't have to be the start of a Phoenix club just a match, be it one of the fans team games, the CCFC ladies or whatever. Need to get SBT and ACL fully on board and stick two fingers up at SISU. After that continue the general boycott of home games.

Just an idea....

Better make it a fiver to get in and a gaurenteed Wembley trip (or so they think) or you won't fill 1 row

scroobiustom

Positive Boycott?

Geoffrey is never positive

SBT

I'll manage the other lot.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think a charity day at the Ricoh would be a good thing. That way there would be no costs involved from acl to hold an event with all proceeds going to a worthy cause or for local charities. Higgs would back this as well I am sure.

Could be a big 5 a side competition or how about legends v fans?

James Smith

Just an idea....
Yeah I'd watch CCFC Ladies!

Jim

I think a charity day at the Ricoh would be a good thing. That way there would be no costs involved from acl to hold an event with all proceeds going to a worthy cause or for local charities. Higgs would back this as well I am sure.

Could be a big 5 a side competition or how about legends v fans?

You beat me to it AFC. I was going to add that making it a big charity day could really help generate interest. As others have suggested can we get the former players association on board?

Legends 5-a-side, fans games etc. really want to inspire the fans to get behind this and actively show that the fans want a Coventry based club and not a SISU FC in some other place.

If it is a charity event we can get as many local businesses on board as possible? Try and make this a really newsworthy event. The two fingers stuck up at SISU need to be as big and prominent as possible. Sky Blue Trust need to be at the centre of this event I feel. Guys? What about it?

ajsccfc

Make a big deal out of giving Coventry Sphinx their biggest-ever support. I imagine that'd be picked up on with the bonus that the team would get a boost.

dick turpin

"Sky Blue Trust need to be at the center of this event I feel. "

Why do they NEED to be ??
Give the Trust a little Barrow stall next to CCFC s

Great idea.
Loads of 5-a side teams,could be an all day event using Sat/Sun league teams.

Steve.B50

Great idea.
Loads of 5-a side teams,could be an all day event using Sat/Sun league teams.

The 5 a side could be done but still think the Supporters team playing someone would be better as then we can all get behind one team (or the other)?

As for the Barrow idea, not to sure as am sure everyone would want to be watching a game.q

Brighton Sky Blue

Quite a good idea this one. If you had each 5 a side game running from the goalline to the half way line you could have 4-6 games on at a time and easily do a whole friendly competition over the day.

Steve.B50

The problem with a 5 a side tournament is the supporters will want to follow a particular team and eventually you will have 10-20 different groups all standing in different parts of stadium trying to be close to there own team.
My view is have one main game and if you wanted others they follow on before hand or even have a youth game before, but you want in principle everyone (or most)following the same team.

Brighton Sky Blue

The problem with a 5 a side tournament is the supporters will want to follow a particular team and eventually you will have 10-20 different groups all standing in different parts of stadium trying to be close to there own team.
My view is have one main game and if you wanted others they follow on before hand or even have a youth game before, but you want in principle everyone (or most)following the same team.

Yeah, logistically it wouldn't be easy, but you could get round that by having different tournaments in different parts of the pitch so to see your team you'd be sat in the relevant part of the ground. If you divided the pitch into quadrants that'd do the trick. Mens' tournaments, womens' tournaments, mixed tournaments, youth etc-just an idea :)

Jim

They are the largest official fans group, an at the moment certainly the most prominent. 2000+ members makes a statement I they are on board.

torchomatic

They are the largest official fans group, an at the moment certainly the most prominent. 2000+ members makes a statement I they are on board.

Season ticket holders are i would have thought.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread